Husqvarna TE-610 Owners Sign In Thread.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buffallodan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. offroute

offroute Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My dealer failed to mount the front turn indicators on my bike saying that the brackets needed were not in the crate. They are supposedly on the way. Would really appreciate someone posting a closeup pic of theirs on the bike so I can see what I'm waiting for. I've got the turn indicators and I've read where others have justed mounted to the headlight plastic. Might just do that as I can't get my bike plated until its done.

Online parts manual does not seem to show my style of lights and it is unclear what the bracket is. Therefore a pic would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for the help.
  2. fletch123

fletch123 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just thought it was time to quit lurking and say hello and thanks for all the info you guys have been providing.
    You guys really helped me with my decision on what bike to get. I was going back and forth between going with dr650, klr650 or husky or ktm. Since I already owned a ktm 300exc I knew what it's like to ride a serious dirtbike and didn't want to sacrafice to much in the dirt but still be street legal. So that narrowed it down to husky te610 or ktm525. The $2000.00 difference and the fact that the local husky dealer had one in stock, and the 07 ktm were not yet available sealed it.

Anyway as far it goes with the new te, I'm definitly stoked. I've had it out twice for a total of 250 miles. Must say the first few miles on the trails the bike and I were very stiff. I learned a lesson about new dirtbikes, just drop it right away and get overwith. Once I drop it the first time ( thanks to that funky kickstand ) I was much more at ease and started to realize just what this bike is capable of doing.

Thanks again and I look forward to sharing in the discussions
    Fletch
  3. buffallodan

buffallodan Long timer

Oddometer:
    I will get a pic up in the morning for you Offroute.

Dan
  4. buffallodan

buffallodan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the Group Fletch. Just in case you weren't aware, Unabiker guards are available and I also found out Rooster has made some as well.

I am going to put together a list of all the important aftermarket parts available soon with suppliers and add it to the Index. If any of you guys wish to add parts to the list please chime in on this thread...
    Aftermarket Parts List for TE-610

Dan
  5. GaM

GaM Long timer

Oddometer:
    Has anybody checked their head bearings for lube yet? The guy from motoxotica on thumpertalk says to check them after 15 hours or the first spray wash.
  6. offroute

Oddometer:
    Thanks a bunch Dan. I know it is a bit of a pain in the a** and really appreciate you going to the effort.

Got 40 miles in, most on the dirt today. A bit illegal probably since I am not plated yet, but WHAT INCREDIBLE FUN! Time to order my skid, handguards and redo the seat. Other than that I might replace the rack with the promoto aluminum one.

Another question: once all that emission stuff falls off my bike is there a specific thread you can point me to for jetting a 610. I live at 6000 feet and most of my riding will be in the 4-8k range. I also hear that there is an upgraded spark plug that makes a big diff, but I'm not sure what it is. Any info on that?

Thanks again.

Fred
  7. offroute

Oddometer:
    Fletch,

Just noticed you're in Truckee. That's my town! Let's get together sometime and share beta on our new 610s. Better yet, let's ride!

Fred
  8. buffallodan

buffallodan Long timer

Oddometer:
  9. fletch123

fletch123 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Offroute,

I was checking out your posts an also notice you mentioned Truckee. Hey we may even already have crossed paths. You go to Wild Cherries for coffee?. We difinitely should get together to talk bikes and ride.

You mentioned that you haven't got your plate yet. If so I got a few pointers for you. The Truckee dmv can be diffulcult. They started to give a hard time because they couldn't read the engine number. It's hard to see. If push your face down in behind the engine you can barely see it. You might want bring one of those little mechanics mirrors. The other issue was the Ca. smog sticker. We spent some time looking all over the frame trying to find it. Finally figured out that its under the seat.

Did your side panel start to melt yet? I guess there suppose to be a spacer.
    If there was one on mine it must have fallen off right away because the panel immediatly started to melt. I just figured sooner on later it will stop melting.
    Seriouly though I think the best fix is to just trim the panel alittle and avoid the melted goo on the pipe.

There is a d.s. ride coming up the Oct. 28 out of Nevada City up to Sugarbowl. It's sponsored by the Nevada County Woods Riders. Should be fun. Let me know if your interested.

Fletch
  10. offroute

Oddometer:
    Those shots make it very clear. Thanks. I guess they also show the handguard triple clamp mount eh? Did you have to get longer bolts for the triple clamp to mount?
  11. offroute

Oddometer:
    Fletch,

I'll look more closely at the side panel. Where did you buy your 610? Picked mine up in Reno and feel like the bike was just thrown together. I've got a box of hardware, etc and am not sure where and what was left off.

I'm sure the tips on the DMV will also be helpful. Did you do a VIN verification with the CHP before heading to the DMV? Did you have to make an appointment for either? I've heard Truckee DMV is as bad as they get so any tips here will be very much appreciated.

Regarding the DS ride - not familiar with the group. How can I learn more about them? Would like to come along if my skills are up to it, however also have a tentative plan to ride in Death Valley about the same time - end of Oct - first part of Nov. Need to get some miles on the bike before I head out that far...
  12. fletch123

fletch123 Long timer

Oddometer:

Offroute,

Got mine at the same place, Reno Cycles and Gear? Yeah they pretty much said here's the bike, have fun. Nothing about the suspension adjustments, which would have been nice. I think the suspension is extremely harsh out of the box. I got the box of misc. parts. It was pretty much just the the rear rack. Although I still have these two plastic spacers that look similiar to the rear blinker mounts. Oh well whats a couple of extra parts. I always seemed to have a few extra parts whenever I took a bike apart and put back together. If you decide to mount the rack don't make the mistake I made. There are for rubber grommets that I assumed were to go with the rack, since there are four connecting post and the grommets fit perfectly over the posts. Where you have to drill the holes in the fender for the front post the grommets won't work. The fender is curved in that area. Just drill holes slightly bigger than the post for the front and 15/16" holes for the rear or you could omit the rear gommets too.

I didn't go to CHP for the serial number confirm. If you do go, I think you need to make an appointment. I was told they do them on Thursdays.

The dual sport ride is Sat. Oct. 28. If you've never gone on one of these I can tell they are alot of fun. They provide you with a roll chart to help you from gettint lost. (which actually half the fun) The trails are fairly mellow with a few detour for more advanced riders. Hey they even throw in lunch. They have flyers at Thin Air Motorsports on East River St.

Fletch
  13. sethro

sethro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where did U get those fork bleeders, they are nice to have

Seth
  14. buffallodan

buffallodan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Affirmative. Dan at Motoxotica where I ordered mine had said they would be included but he must have forgotten to put them in the box...make sure you ask for them if you happen to order from him :wink:...

Dan
  15. buffallodan

buffallodan Long timer

Oddometer:
    They are Motion Pro bleeders I got from Ray as well as the Unabikers pictured...http://www.cycle-analyst.com/DR.htm
  16. Hoder

Hoder Card carrying greeny

Oddometer:
    Day late & a dollar short but why don't you put an after market section on the index thread? Isn't that the one stop shop for all 610 links :scratch
  17. buffallodan

buffallodan Long timer

Oddometer:
    I created a thread that others can add input to...that way when people are searching through the Index Proper in the future there will be a specific thread where everyone can discuss and recommend additions to the List contained in the Index. I hope that is clear...:D

My feeling is there needs to be a thread for most topics we discuss as it is easier to file info that way, at least for me. It also allows the entire group to add to the discussions eliminating the need for me to cut and paste and also keeping the clutter of the Index thread itself minimized. I guess the other way would be to add suggestions to the Index thread but following Meat's organizational order there is always a thread to include in the Index (list of threads). There can be other threads added to the Index as well, in particular those with reviews...

Dan
  18. fletch123

fletch123 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Offroute,

I just removed my front blinkers, and your welcome to borrow the brackets.

I decided not to wait for them to get broken off like Dan's. Besides that I have had several occasions when front blinkers almost got me killed riding in the street. I would often forget to turn them off and then suddenly have a car pull out in front of me. I would start to flip the guy off and then realize that he to thought I was turning. I think they do more harm than good. I'll just do it like the old days and use hand signals. I will keep the rear ones on, they are important in the street. I did replace them with the ones off my 83 Honda 600xl. They are mounted on a flexable shaft and can take a pretty good fall.

Imo Husky really didn't put much effort into the ancilary items on this bike, i.e. mirrors that break before you even get the bike home, melting side panels, blinkers that are just waiting to be broken off, and a 2x6 that they pasted off as a seat. But don't get me wrong I'm totally stoked about this bike and would have willing paid the same price even if they left that stuff completly off the bike.

Anyway I digress. Let me know if you need the brackets.

Fletch
  19. offroute

Oddometer:
    Thanks Fletch. My concern with the blinkers is that I need them on the bike while I get through the registration nightmare. Otherwise I agree and would just as soon have them fall off with all the emissions stuff. Can you PM me with a phone and private email so we can get together on this?

Bad day yesterday with the bike. Went down to the Shell to put my first gas in the thing. Ran fine down the hill, but after filling it would not start. Turned over fine but would never fire. Had to walk to get a ride back up to my house and when I came back the thing was dripping gas from the carburetor/airbox area. Big puddle underneath. Turned off the petcock and it stopped. Tapped on the carburetor figuring it had a stuck float or needle valve. Tipped the bike over on it's right side and gas poured out of the airbox. Tried turning over the engine and it made one revolution before thunking to a stop - almost like hydraulic lock in the cylinder. Could the cylinder have filled with gas too???? Don't know but did not seem to be more fluid in the crank case as the level was still at the top fill line.

Got the bike home but now figure I must drain the crankcase to be sure, change the filter etc. All at 70 miles. A bad experience. Reno Cycles is giving me the oil and filters to do this no charge, but what a pain. Bigger concern is getting out 20 miles somewhere and having this happen again. Not sure what to think at this point...
  20. offroute

Oddometer:
    Am looking for any reviews regarding the Renazco Seat or other rebuild alternatives. The seat sucks and since my riding is more casual and will tend to be longer, I'm looking for comfort and willing to sacrifice a bit of narrowness to get it.

Any opinions, pro or con, will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!