Trailjammer Designs KTM/Yamaha Case Savers & Exhaust Guards

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by trailjammer, Nov 6, 2012.

1. trailjammer

trailjammer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Clapped_r6! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...873744.-2207520000.1380747140.&type=3&theater
    You don't have to be a FB member to view the photos on the page.
    Here's some I have so far. I'm waiting to get some powder coated for better pictures and mounted on some bikes for pics.
    Here's a pic of the RFS '00-'06 Case Saver. Notice how it covers the complete case for the fullest protection. There's no open area to worry about cracking a hole in it.
    [​IMG]
  2. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cain,

Hey you dont happen to make covers for an 09 WR450 do you?

5 Miles of Hell took its toll!!
    [​IMG]

I kind of doubt it, but I need one:lol3 so free bump if not:deal

ben
  3. trailjammer

Oddometer:
    Hi Ben! Sorry to hear about your bike! Bummer dude! Hey I'll PM you to talk to you about this. Thanks!
  4. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks! Hopefully there will be some stuff for WR/YZ's soon. When riding technical stuff this is such a weak point in all bikes, I think it is almost a necessity. Really cheap insurance so your dont ruin an engine by running it dry or walking out...... BTW we busted two bikes with holes in the side covers on 5 miles of hell:lol3
  5. trailjammer

Oddometer:
    For sure! Trailjammer Designs is always expanding their product line! Definitely stay posted and check out/'Like' the FB page for the latest updates. Your statement hit it on the nose. That's what I try to tell everyone. Cheap insurance so you're not left stranded!!
  6. Capt. REDBEARD

Capt. REDBEARD TWECO

Oddometer:
    any "long term" wear results?
    how does the anodizing hold up?
    does it start to look just as worn as the cases do?
  7. trailjammer

Oddometer:
    Hi Capt. REDBEARD! The Case Savers hold up really well considering the job they are designed to do. They don't 'wear down' like the OEM case will do over time. It really depends on your riding style. If you're worried about cosmetic look, I'd recommend the Natural Finish. The Natural Finish Case Saver can be scuffed up w/a brillow pad at any time and give it an almost new look whenever you want. Powder Coated versions...well,...are powder coated and depends how much scraping goes on.
    I have one on my '08 530 that I do a lot of desert riding on and it's black powder coated version. It has 4k miles on it and it's not nearly as worn as this black powder coated one below that was raced really hard by a pro level rider. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    [​IMG]

This one was raced in the Redbull Romaniacs race. This is by far the most beat case I've ever seen and I'm not surprised after being put through one of the hardest races in the world if you ask me. He was able to finish without a broken case or oil leaking out. I know there's a lot of you Trailjammer Designs Customers out there....post up your long term wear pictures if you'd like :)
    [​IMG]
  8. trailjammer

Oddometer:
    Hi All,
    Trailjammer Designs has some great news. We have a new Yamaha WR450F Case Saver that we just came out with. Many of you were asking when we'd venture out of the KTM line, well we have our first Yamaha Case Saver now. Check them out and let me know if you have any questions. Remember to tell us your ADV screen name and get FREE SHIPPING in the U.S. :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. clapped_r6

clapped_r6 The Spoad Warrior

Oddometer:
    i noticed you got an 07 rfs cover for mock up, waiting waiting waiting....... :evil
  10. crazybrit

crazybrit Defying any self identifying

Oddometer:
    If you ever produce an 07, I'll buy also.
  11. trailjammer

Oddometer:
    YES! I have an '07 RFS 525/450 Clutch Cover coming my way. I should see it real soon. One of my customers, Rob A., mentioned I had a cover he bought that was very close to his 525 so that got me on the search again for a Clutch Cover. Turns out another customer of mine has his engine apart doing a top-end and is letting me borrow his cover for a week. I hope it works out. I also have a Yamaha '03-'09 WR250F in the works. Thanks and stay posted on the FB page too!
  12. clapped_r6

Oddometer:
    bonus points if you can still take off the center piece independently. not a deal breaker either way.
  13. trailjammer

Oddometer:
    What do you mean 'center piece'? Do you mean just the clutch cover since it's a 2 piece cover? It shouldn't be a problem. It will mount like the others coming right up to the edge where the mounting bolts go.
  14. crazybrit

Oddometer:
    I think he means "don't block the holes" (that mount the center cover), so sounds like you're on same page.
  15. clapped_r6

Oddometer:
    what hoser said. maybe even holes in the guard to allow the bolts out and the cover still to the edge of the case cover?
  16. trailjammer

Oddometer:
    No worries. Take a look at the case saver above for the yamaha. There's good pics there. It would never cover the bolt holes. You guys will love them and they will be super strong!
  17. crazybrit

Oddometer:
    Except the Yamaha is slightly different in terms of the bolt holes. I assume Clapped (hoser, wtf :D) was talking about notching it (or the cover would overhang slightly the six recessed bolt areas). I figure notching isn't a big deal, you're already doing it for the oil plug in the Yammie. I'd rather have this than have it be a smaller diameter leaving a slight amount of the cover unprotected.

Random pic I found on the net cos I'm too lazy to take my own:

[​IMG]
  18. trailjammer

Oddometer:
    Cool. I'll play around w/the notching. It's a pain to get that exact shape on the case, but I've got some ideas. Waiting to get my hands on the cover...maybe it'll show today. I'll have to contact my customer who's sending it :) Man, Clapped...LOL...I don't know how you build covers up there in Canada. haha j/k If I can do it, it'll be awesome. Cheers!
  19. Jolly705

Jolly705 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do you have one for the 2012-14 WR450F's? If so how much are they?

Thanks
  20. trailjammer

Oddometer:
    Hi Jolly,
    Thanks for asking! I don't currently make the '12-'14 WR450F, but would like to. If you have a case to send me for a prototype, I can try and make one. Some of the '12s I see have a weird stamping/design on the case. That can make it harder. Same w/the '14 YZ450Fs.