Boise trials riders

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by SCExpat, Oct 3, 2012.

1. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    Glad to see you get signed up here. Now I won't be the only one posting here.

Yea, trials riding is kind of addicting. I think there is still lots of life left in your TL, but it is always good to get a new bike. See ya Sunday.
  2. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    Hey we missed you. Hope you didn't get scared off. We will be nice..........at first. :evil Going out this Sunday at 9:00 AM hope to see you there.
  3. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    Great day for a ride at the usual place.
    [​IMG]

This is the last day of practice before the big event in Connell, WA next weekend. Looks like 4 of us will be going to ride in the INTA/PNTA event.

Hard to beat this area for a fun place to ride with a great view.
    [​IMG]
  4. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    Bart and I met Vern and his wife at the car wash in Tri-Cities. There was snow over the pass and my truck that got it's first good post-winter wash and wax was trashed. So we had a motor home, travel trailer and my little truck caravan into Sulpher Springs.

[​IMG]
    Boise camp.

[​IMG]
    Vern riding an advanced section.

[​IMG]
    Brian in a senior intermediate section.

Too busy riding to take many pictures. I did stay Sunday afternoon to check a section for the advanced riders and got some great videos. Just incredible to watch what these guys do on their bikes.

Back to the STD Sunday.
  5. Altego

Altego Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great thread, really enjoying the pictures
  6. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    Thanks. If you ever get the urge to try trials riding send me an email or PM and come out Sunday to ride. The first time I rode my bike I was really disappointed. Very different than what I expected. I had to learn to ride all over again as everything is new. Took me about 3-4 times before I really had fun and then I was hooked.
  7. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    I hope everyone was able to get out and enjoy this beautiful day.....that has been way overdue. Maybe winter will be coming to an end after all. :deal

The experts are always helping us learn how to improve.
    [​IMG]

Practicing the basics. Starts off like this....
    [​IMG]

And progresses to this!
    [​IMG]

And this.
    [​IMG]

I sure hope this weather stays and we have many more days like this to ride. Winter was just a bit much for me. :norton
  8. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    It was just a bit on the cool side in the AM. But it only takes 10 minutes of riding to get warm. Got real windy and made it even more challenging to ride.
    [​IMG]

We found a nice new section to ride.....seems like we are always finding new sections to ride. :clap
    [​IMG]

This was a rock that was split and the piece on the side had a top edge about 3-4" wide and it was at a 45 degree angle. Only for the experts.
    [​IMG]

Just when i thought I had great throttle control I end up giving it a little bit too much going up on a big (for me) rock. The front end kept going up even when the rear tire was on top of the rock. :eek1 I was able to recover and took a break until my heart rate got back to normal. :D Sorry...no pics. It would have been funny to see as I was told my eyes were popping out of my head. :rofl
  9. OldGeez

OldGeez n00b

Oddometer:
    Yes, your eyes were wide open and I thought for sure that you would be visiting the ER but you skillfully recovered. :clap
  10. jonnyc21

jonnyc21 Trials Ninja

Oddometer:
    Not to derail your thread, but there is looking like a small chance that I might be moving out to ID on the Boise side but don't to much riding on Sundays.

If I do end up out that way dose anyone in the group ride on Saturday? or would it end up just my family out there?

Oh and yes My 11 year old has a Beta Rev 80, my wife has a Gas Gas TXT Pro 125, and I have a 4RT. :clap

BTW: love the looks of the rocks and sections you have out there, so if I do end up out that way I am sure I will love all the fun they would bring! :D
  11. Handy

Handy Sunburnt

Oddometer:
    I can't ride on Sunday's until the middle of November, I would be interested in riding on Saturdays if anyone else is up for it. I was Todd today and he said he would also be interested in some trials riding on Saturdays.
  12. jonnyc21

jonnyc21 Trials Ninja

Oddometer:
    Will be a month or two if I do end up coming out that way, so will keep you updated. Glad to here there is at least a few people that could do Saturdays.

Good luck finding a buddy to ride with tell I get there Handy. :D
  13. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    I should have bought a lotto ticket as it was my lucky day!

Hey with your family here we would have enough people to start a club. :D
    Always good to have more people to ride with. Hope to see you soon.

So that is why we have not seen you for a while. Now we have a dual sport ride this Saturday but other Saturdays may be open. Send an email blast to the group and I am sure you will find someone to ride Saturday's. We need more Beta's out there! :deal
  14. jonnyc21

jonnyc21 Trials Ninja

Oddometer:
    I hope I can make it out there, the truth is that as much as I like Seattle I would like the change. :evil

Will let you know if its really going to happen.
  15. OldGeez

OldGeez n00b

Oddometer:
    We can always ride on Saturday. We have one of our riders who has to work on Saturdays so we opted to Sunday so he could ride. I can ride both days so if he has to work I can always ride both days. We hope you make it down from rainy Seattle and can join in our fun soon.
  16. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    A great day for riding. Started out clear and sunny. Somehow I got the time mixed up with Saturdays dual sport time and ended up getting there an hour late. :norton I stayed late to make up the lost hour.

Vern style. When in doubt, gas it!
    [​IMG]

This was a fun challenge.
    [​IMG]

Both ways.
    [​IMG]

The tongue must help as Bart was the only one to try it this way. What happens when it warms up and the fly's come out? :rofl
    [​IMG]

Another great day of trials riding.
  17. bravobravo445

bravobravo445 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was hungry and hoping to catch some bugs with my mouth open. When it finally warms up I will get free food while I am riding.
  18. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    Insects are all protein.......from what I hear. :evil
  19. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    We spent the first hour or two in the "rock garden". A lot of fun and a lot of work. I never imagined that riding so slow could be such an intense workout.
    [​IMG]

Kind of like riding whoops off road. Legs are constantly flexing and doing squats. Even the bikes got tired and needed a little nap.
    [​IMG]

After the real "insanity workout" we moved on to something a little more open.
    [​IMG]

The old pro's schooled me in how to climb big rock faces as I watched and thought yea.....maybe someday....or maybe not. :rofl
    [​IMG]

I went home and ate and slept the rest of the day. I hope I was not the only one who felt wiped out from that work out. :deal Great day for trials riding.
  20. jonnyc21

jonnyc21 Trials Ninja

Oddometer:
    I am in town this weekend, don't have my bike with me but was thinking it might be nice to see the playground if I have time.

Anyone able to PM with the directions?