The triumph tiger picture thread!

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by scorch, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Mudhen

Mudhen Foul Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looks awesome!!!

:clap
  2. rally roo

rally roo Total poser

Oddometer:
    It was warm enough to ride yesterday... In Vermont. Climate change much?

Cleaning off the Tigers:
    [​IMG]
  3. WVdyhrd

WVdyhrd mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer:
    Yay for warm January. :huh but I'm not gonna let it go to waste

Misty morning beginnings on East Lynn lake.

[​IMG]

Tiger getting her paws muddy but always handling it like a champ :ricky

[​IMG]

Fitting end to the day. Ready for a bath for her and a treat for me :freaky
    [​IMG]
  4. blacktiger

blacktiger Tigers R great.

Oddometer:
    You clearly have great taste.
  5. WVdyhrd

WVdyhrd mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer:
    Thanks, you must to with an inmate name like that (the black ones are the fast ones right? :hide)

I always keep an extra cold one for anyone passing through on a bike :freaky

Man I changed my gearing yesterday, new rear cush, fresh chain, and ran the wheel the cams to their fully forward position. I have done it on the dirtbikes, but what a difference on the tiger. One down upfront and one up on the back 19/48 - 18/49! IT ROCKS! It definitely (duh) robbed me of some top end, but 10-20mph difference isn't much here; with our curvy roads the triple digits aren't too common. It'd probably still reach the same top speed, but would need to be wound out. I found myself coming outa turns yesterday with the front wheel levitating like I was on a dirtbike :ricky :clap She always seems to surprise me lol

p.s. iOs users should check out baldy's app http://www.awesomize.com/
  6. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
    love the high front fender.
  7. WVdyhrd

WVdyhrd mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer:
    Thanks dude! It makes a difference in muddy and wet conditions imho. I dont know about tigers (my fender was from the previous pwner). But, Ive seen some guys on other big bikes have debris issues with the wheel huggers. Has anyone experienced such with their tiger?

It's a high supermoto (read short) fender from acerbic made for 950 Ktm adv's. Be sure to use a brace or at speed I doubt it'd stand long to the abuse.

[​IMG]

^heehee parked at work in front of our "orange" shop. Just outa sight rests our sales mgr's Aprilia :hide
  8. blacktiger

Oddometer:
    It seems that you don't realise that the standard front is an 18. It's quite common for owners to fit a 19 as it calms everything down and you're not constantly looking for a 7th gear.
    The standard rear is a 46. It would seem the previous owner had played with the gearing. Although, what he ended up with isn't much different to standard. The only advantage to what he did would be to give the chain an easier time by not making it bend so much going round the sprockets which would make it last longer.
  9. WVdyhrd

WVdyhrd mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer:
    Yea I at one time knew the stock gearing (triumph rat and tiger triple are my other time wastes lol). I get the science from riding single track on the smaller bikes. I just never messed with it on the tiger till now. With the TOR exhaust and Offroad map, haven't really needed to alter the gearing, it already had a unique grunt; no problem keeping up with the 990 and 950's I regularly ride with.

I was just changing the chain and thought I'd play with it. And am glad I did. At the previous setup, with bags (justified on 90% of my tiger time) I maxed around 135-140 before I encountered a wobble (I think combo of tkc's and wind on the panniers). Could prob have gone higher but not without tire and bike changes. I haven't been able to open her somewhere "legal" since the new gear, we'll see. But honestly spend most of my time on dirt roads and tiny twisters, no need for such triple digits.

I was really shocked at the change from the axle position. There was a perceptible difference in handling from what seemed to be a small consideration. I turned the cams so the dots lined up and axel was as far forward as possible. That's what, maybe an inch difference? I noticed it when leaving my neighborhood on our one lane twisty road almost immediately.
  10. blacktiger

Oddometer:
    Shorter wheel base makes the bike less stable and able to turn quicker. Longer wheel base makes bike more stable. Hence drag racers with their extended swingarms.
    Don't forget, also, that by moving the axle up in its circle you're lowering the rear of the bike by 12mm or so.
  11. WVdyhrd

WVdyhrd mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer:
    Yup I like it. Ive rode her a while. Just really learning the different nuances of wheel/drive setup on pavement compared to the dirt riding I've been doing. Us ds kinda guys got it made. We get a lil bit of all the aspects of riding.

No special reason. I just walked in, through garage past my tiger,from a lazy fri evening and noticed this thread was quite and lacking pictures. So I thought I'd add one for no particular reason. She is recently bathed though.

[​IMG]
  12. Mudhen

Mudhen Foul Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This talk of sprockets had me poking through my old pics...found this one of my stock 48t sitting on top of the 53t I used to run on my rear...I think 16/53 was the widest spread you could go without dropping a link from the chain; my adjuster was just at the tipover point.

[​IMG]

Good times.

Edit:

Pic with it mounted on the wheel:

[​IMG]
  13. DC Chad

DC Chad Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Kinell i bet the front wheel was permanently hovering off the ground :D
  14. mustang

mustang Lurker Extraordinaire

Oddometer:
    nah, it was a steamer LMAO !:lol3:lol3:lol3:rofl
  15. Hatley Rocket

Hatley Rocket Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can finally throw my hat into the ring! I just picked up this '01 from a guy in Minneapolis yesterday. Now if it will only warm up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. WVdyhrd

WVdyhrd mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer:
    Welcome :clap IMHO you got the one from the fast year :lol3 wool is your Friend. She'll be more than happy to enjoy some cool air.
  17. kingofZroad

kingofZroad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's a cool shade of green.
  18. WVdyhrd

WVdyhrd mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer:
    Hey guys :wave went for a ride yesterday :ricky. Definitely chilly but worth it!!

Rt 3 to Whitesville, Wv

[​IMG]

Some dreamy twisties of a dirty variety

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Quick stop at Plum Orchard

[​IMG]

Met up with an old friend around Hawks Nest and railed over the mountains. I got us a lil distracted from inititial plans (muddddy but still fun)

[​IMG]

Blasted home. Poor girl's bath will hafta wait a day. By that point the water would have froze on her.

Before/after. Hard to keep em clean riding in WV :ricky

[​IMG]

(PS I also backpack, Etc and i own a lot of cold gear. But, I don't care what they invent. This time of year always makes me appreciate good traditional wool. Wet or dry, retains heat.)
  19. Carpenter_LV

Carpenter_LV Adventurer

Oddometer:
    One of last summer rides fully loaded
    [​IMG]
    And now in garage waiting for spring (12k mile servicing)
    [​IMG]
  20. T

T --------------

Oddometer:
    Nice pics WVdyhrd.. I luv WVA.

[​IMG]