Post Pictures of your CT90 / CT110

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by error cooled, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Indy21

Indy21 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Man, that's a nice, clean looking 90. I'll start saving up for something this year, too bad this will be long gone by then! There is a CT just waiting for me out there somewhere!!!
  2. Woodsrat

Woodsrat Gone ridin'

Oddometer:
    This one is about as clean as they come--anyone in the midwest wanting one ought to pick up on it.
  3. ferrix

ferrix Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    CT110AG has a list price of A$3490. It's a fair bit of money. Converted to U$ it will seem even higher, because our prices are always higher than yours.

But to give you an idea of where it sits in 125cc market, some other reputable scoots in this capacity include Vespa S for A$6,500 (probably the most expensive), Piaggio Fly for A$3,700, Aprilia Sportcity One for A$3,990, Kymco Bug for A$2,990 and Sachs Madass for A$3,550.

Edit: Second-hand posties registered for road use usually sell for somewhere between A$1,200 to A$1,800.

Edit 2: although if you fancy spending as much as you would on a Vespa, you can now get a custom postie from these guys: http://www.pmmc.com.au Their website is still under construction but I've seen some neat pictures from their range in a print ad... I think they are aiming to become Deus Ex Machina of posties and judging by what I've seen so far, they just might.
  4. Indy21

Indy21 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Aw man! I can't view fhe site on my phone right now but all you had to say was Deus Ex Machina to grab my attention! I LOVE the Deus styling and can't imagine what a customized Deus style Ct would look like but it's probably pretty bad ass.

Are these guys only selling in AU as Deus does? I'm in the States where we get nothing as cool as some of the Aussies do.

Edit: nevermind, I just noticed the .au after the adress. Dammit!!! >=\

Thanx.
  5. Indy21

Indy21 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I wonder if it would cost the same as buying a brand new one to just have, let's say, a early 2000's model shipped over seas if possible.

Meh. Oh well, it's not like I have money burning a hole in my pocket right now anyways.

The most I'm wishing for is that the newer street legal version of the ct sells incredibly well in AUS and maybe opening Honda's eyes a little more to branch out to other countries (SE USA in my case) then I will be on my way. Unless that happens anytime within the next couple of years I'll be hunting me down an older 80's version and keep it running for as long as I can. Unless that is a new 125 Ruckus is made for 2011.

I've got options. =P
  6. ferrix

ferrix Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Maybe if you pay them a few thousand extra they'd ship it to the US for you... sure, it would end up costing as much as some special edition Ducati, but hey - you'd have a distinction of owning the most expensive postie in the world :)

Speaking of Deus, I think they sold a few bikes to England and maybe to US as well - wasn't one of their bikes featured on Hell For Leather website?

But if it's any consolation to you, at least you guys are getting the SYM Symba which we don't get so far (it's been suggested we might, but nothing firm so far...). So you can satisfy your retro step-through cravings this way...
  7. pennintj

pennintj Down & Dirty Mechanic

Oddometer:
    For reference:

[​IMG]

While not a CT90/110, it's a pretty solid city cruiser. For those that don't know, SYM is actually one of the few good quality not-a-household-name brand bikes out there. I have a ton of friends that sell them with minimal problems.

They typically don't sell too well because of the shifting, and I've seen them marked down at "Fire sale" prices on Craigslist because someone bought one, then decided the "stomp shift" wasn't going to work.

I actually have a DYK Super Cub

[​IMG]

Which is not quite as nice, but still rocks.

-=Tom
  8. Twinsteel

Twinsteel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just listed the For Sale ad here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=540750

9. showkey

showkey Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]
  10. hugemoth

hugemoth Bad Motorscooter

Oddometer:
    Here's an updated picture of the 68 CT90 rat bike. Since it's going to be used mostly off road this year I put the skid pan back on, knobby tires, and a second headlight. The Lifan 110 manual clutch engine is still running great.

Q

[​IMG]
  11. Bar None

Bar None Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    hugemoth,
    Very nice, I would not call it a rat bike.
  12. helidude

helidude defy gravity

Oddometer:
    <table id="post11917592" class="tborder" width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="thead" style="font-weight: normal;">[​IMG] 01-18-2010, 06:42 PM <!-- / status icon and date --> </td> <td class="thead" style="font-weight: normal;" align="right"> #12 </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td class="alt2" width="175"> timk519 <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_11917592", true); </script>
    Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,050

</td> <td class="alt1" id="td_post_11917592"> <!-- icon and title --> Street Bike? Scooter? You tell me -
    <hr style="color: rgb(87, 87, 87);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> This was the challenge:
    [​IMG]

And this is the bike:

[​IMG]

Low-tech version of a GPS on board:

[​IMG]
    <!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> _____________

I met this guy last week...

His name is Alan Robertson, and not only did he do this "race' but he and his Daughter are doing a ride for charity to Newfoundland this summer.

Perhaps he may post the details here to interest contributions to the charity.

</td></tr></tbody></table>
  13. helidude

helidude defy gravity

Oddometer:
    NOTE, MODS: Please move this to proper thread location if it does not fit/belong here.
    Cheers, Helidude

Pass this on to everyone you know who would like to support a good cause.
    Thanks....

Allan & Julia Robertson
    ..............................................................................

Cross Canada by Cub (A Great Ride For A Great Cause)

This Vintage Honda Cub will travel across Canada, from coast to coast.
    Approximately 10,000 kilometres including return to Brampton!!
    Help support our cause. We are doing this as a Charity Ride to raise funds for Because I Am A Girl.
    Our goal is to raise $10,000 ($1 per kilometre).
    For more info and to donate: www.plancanada.ca/rideforgirls

This 1967 Honda C65 Cub was ridden from Vancouver, B.C. to Timmins, Ontario in 1971 by the original owner.
    After restoration in 2006, Allan Robertson rode it from Timmins to Brampton.
    In July 2010, Julia Robertson will continue the quest across Canada to NFLD and back to Brampton.

Owner/Rider: Julia Robertson (18 years old)

Charity: Because I Am A Girl (A division of Plan Canada)
    1-800-387-1418ext. 215
    www.plancanada.ca/rideforgirls

Sponsors/ Support: Classic Honda Powerhouse, Brampton
    Dad (Allan Robertson) and his 1980 Honda CT110
    Richard Love and his van

14. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    Where can I get one of those gas tanks?
  15. hugemoth

Oddometer:
    The tank is from an old Honda XR100 dirt bike.

16. Bladeforger

Bladeforger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey, Hugemoth:

What is the front clip from? And how do you like it?
    I'm looking for candidate front clips. Looks so far like the selection is CT90, CB125, S90, CL90, and SL125.

Oh, wait! I see in another post that it's from an XR100. Did the stem bolt up fine? Not too short? (I just have the frame and rear wheel so far....)

Keith

17. hugemoth

Oddometer:
    I had to add an inch or two to the stem. Otherwise it fit fine and it works very well.

BTW: I'm working on lowing the seat today because it was too high for my daughter. Had to remove the stock tank and make a bracket to hold the seat.

Q

18. Bladeforger

Oddometer:
    Just add an inch or two to the stem... you make it sound soooo easy. And I know it can't be that easy. I'm sitting here puzzling out how you'd do that. Weld (or braze, silver solder) on another piece of similar tubing and cut new threads??? Cut the stem in the middle (between where the bearings fit) and add a piece there??? Either one sounds fiddly, and the result has to pass through center of the bearings. Am I missing a simple solution here?
    Keith
  19. hugemoth

Oddometer:
    I cut the top few inches off the original stem from the leading link forks, cut the threaded part off the XR100 stem, then welded them together with an oxy torch. I lined them up with a straight edge, tacked them in place, made a good weld, then ground it down so the bearing race would slip over. No rethreading needed. It's quite easy if you have the tools.

Q

20. Bladeforger

Oddometer:
    A donor piece from the original stem... I like it! Thanks! :clap