RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by BoochZilla, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Ironmanmatt

Ironmanmatt Village Idiot

Oddometer:
    I live right next to the "You are Here!" sign.
    Sorry, guys, the other day I recieved both a Defender Jacket and pants. My measurements fell into large size for both...104cm chest and 94cm using the Revit chart. So, my angst comes when I pull both liners out. I'm using all the adjustments on both jacket and pants to make them fit better with the liners out. The jacket fits very well regardless of liners in the shoulder area. I'm not sure I can wear a medium with the liners in and the shoulder area could be tight. My current Olympia jacket is very american fit but I'm more lean and went with the european cut where possible. I guess I'm just second guessing myself since I'm not able to try both on and decide.

Is this just the way the world works with interior liners regardless of the brand and style?
  2. Parx400

Parx400 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Unless you have two set ups its going to be loose with them out and tight with them in. I think Rev'it is spot on when it comes to this though. My sand XL jacket is tight with the liners in and pretty good out. I should have gone with a 2xl jacket but oh well.

I have a 3xl off track revit jacket I use in the winter now with all the liners in plus a huge back support. I use to wear it over body armor but it works great in the winter since its so big. I can put lots of layers on under it. The off track vents pretty bad. The sand works way better.
  3. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
  4. RevZilla

RevZilla Best on Two Wheels!

Oddometer:
    Hi Ironmanmatt,

In nearly any jacket, the size is going to change some from liners in vs. liners out, especially in the case where there are two liners to drop (LTD) like the REV'IT! Defender jacket. The take up snap on the forearm and the strap at the bicep will help ensure the armor stays in place in the event of a crash. The waist adjustment could be longer, but at least it will help take up some of the excess material in the torso. The up-side is, you are likely only going to take both liners out when the weather is warmer and having the extra room for air to circulate isn't a bad thing. If you can snug the arms up enough to keep the armor in place and always attach the jacket to the pants when riding, you are not compromising any safety. It might not emphasize a svelte figure as much, but these are the trade-off's with any LTD jacket system. The determining factor could be which season is more important to you? If you plan on riding with the jacket more in the colder months with the liners in, then it sounds like you have the proper size. If you don't ride much in the colder months and will be mostly rocking the Defender with no liners, then you might consider going one size down.
    There aren't many jackets out there that can compete with the Defender in terms of temperature range, but the 2 LTD do change the way the jacket fits depending on liner configuration.
    If you have any additional questions about fit or function, please let us know. I hope this response helps some!
    Cheers,
    Ali
    TeamZilla
  5. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hi Levain,

We haven't done any internal testing on the Alpinestars Tech Heated Gloves, but know that Alpinestars gloves are quality made and have a great fit. Like any heated glove, these will work best with a heat controller that will allow you to regulate temperature. As compared to some of the Gerbings heated gloves, these have much better dexterity.
    Another option several of our staff members have used is the Powerlet Heated Glove liner that has a very low profile and is easy to fit under your current winter or waterproof gloves. They also are recommended for use with a heat controller, but are less of an investment that any of the heated gloves on the market now.
    Cheers,
    Ali
    TeamZilla
  6. levain

Oddometer:
    thanks. do they use the same plugs as Gerbings or Powerlet? I have powerlet liners and their good, but clunky under my gloves. I'm a solid 9 in Held. What size would I be in the Astars? I might be your guinea pig:lol3
  7. Ironmanmatt

Ironmanmatt Village Idiot

Oddometer:
    I live right next to the "You are Here!" sign.
    Ali, thank you for taking time to respond. I think I'm good with things now.
  8. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hi Levain,
    The Powerlet and Gerbings both use a coax cable. It looks as though Alpinestars also uses a coax cable connection, so I would imagine they are compatible. The only thing to keep in mind is how much additional amperage you are adding to your controller and / or battery that might have an effect on performance or heat output.
    If you are currently wearing a size 9 in Held gloves, you will likely take a size Large in the Alpinestars Tech Heated gloves. Before you purchase, I recommend giving our Gear Geeks a call to confirm the proper size.
    Cheers,
    Ali
    TeamZilla
  9. montanaman

montanaman Traveler

Oddometer:
    I got a green/gray Cayenne Pro just in time on close out ! Love it so far. I wanted the matching pants but they are all gone.
    The sand pants come in a silver/black combo and I was wondering it the light color is close to the light gray on the Cayenne ? Also would they be a good compliment to that jacket?
  10. nikoktm

nikoktm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Stuck far, far away, who knows for how long.
    Hi Revzilla guys,

I want the Shuberth C3 World with the SRC system. Will be possible to deliver to Australia?
  11. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey Montanaman,
    Congrats on scoring a Cayenne Pro before they were all gone! They are still one of the better adventure jackets out there. As for matching a pair of pants with your Dark Green / Grey jacket, it's going to be a challenge. The Cayenne Pro suit was one of the few cases where REV'IT! used legit Dupont Cordura in the construction of the product. The colors used on that set up are somewhat unique. The Sand pants use the proprietary REV'IT! PWR|shell material that is a lighter grey than the Cayenne Pro. From a functionality standpoint, both the Sand or the Defender pants will match up to the Cayenne Pro with the dual LTD (liner to drop) system and connection zipper compatibility. I would suggest going with a black pant to mate with your jacket, as there is enough black in the Cayenne Pro jacket to have that pairing make sense. The only other pant REV'IT! made with the same grey as the Cayenne Pro was the Turbine pant, but those might be even more difficult to find that the Cayenne Pro pants.
    Cheers,
    Ali
    TeamZilla
  12. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey Nikoktm,

You are in luck, my friend! We now have the green light to ship Schuberth to Australia and New Zealand. Give our Gear Geeks a call to get a quote on shipping and availability on the size you need.

Cheers,
    Ali
    TeamZilla
  13. levain

Oddometer:
    I see Rukka videos are slowly going up?

As usual, great review. :clap

Not sure who's doing the internal testing, but it seems to get better and more thought out the more you wear it. Reminds me of my old Buell Ulysses in that way:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3

Good luck with the new brand:clap
  14. montanaman

montanaman Traveler

Oddometer:

I found a pair of the grey Cayenne Pro pant on the resale market. I am wondering if that grey is the same as the grey on my Green/grey pro jacket? Any idea? They call it "light grey" on the pants and just green/grey on the jacket..maybe they are the same based on your earlier comments?
  15. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey MTman,

Yes, the grey on the Cayenne Pro pants will match the grey used on your Dark Green / Grey Cayenne Pro jacket. Nice work tracking a pair down!

Cheers,
    Ali
  16. montanaman

montanaman Traveler

Oddometer:
    now I look forward to putting the whole suit to the test this winter !!
  17. dwenglis

dwenglis Long timer

Oddometer:
    any hands on experience comparing the new Lazer Monaco Carbon, the Evoline 3ST and the HJC RPHA Max?
  18. palosose

palosose n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi, my name is Pablo, I am new over here... I have a huge question, I have read that Revit runs small, however I do not know if it applies for boots... Anyway, I am in love with the Apache's... Normally I wear 8 (Nike and Adidas), but I am not sure what it must be the perfect size for me... Thanks and sorry for my english!:clap
  19. levain

Oddometer:
    Just placed an order. I'll let you guys know how much they rock soon:clap Now, get em on the brown truck. I have no patience:lol3:lol3:lol3
  20. rusic

rusic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    fresh :) sand 2

[​IMG]