Follow me as i braaaap and cook around the world!!!!

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by crestedbutte-rtw, Oct 20, 2011.

1. crestedbutte-rtw

crestedbutte-rtw PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Oddometer:
  2. Shibby!

Shibby! Long timer

Oddometer:
    Haha.

Rocket from the Crypt was in town recently.
  3. crestedbutte-rtw

Oddometer:
    DAY 366-371
    11/4-8/2012
    PUNTA DEL DIABLO
    I DID NOT REALIZE HOW MUCH I NEEDED AND WANTED SOLO TIME!! Haha Sounds crazy but since I got stuck in Bolivia I have been with someone either traveling, staying at their house, or just hanging out with; which I am not used to. Don’t get me wrong it has been awesome and has saved my ass being able to stay with people and make such awesome friends. But I need some Fletcher time and this town was perfect for this, there has been nobody in town for the whole week since it is off-season. I have had time just to chill, go for massive walks, go swimming (freezing my … off). On the 5th I had been gone gone from Colorado for one year and I sat at the beach and drank whiskey.. perfect day.
    I had dinner at a little hole in the wall, the owner and friends were awesome.. He told me they had shark which is the known dish of Diablo.. He said he would feed me till I was full.. (I did not believe him)
    I had my first plate which was awesome and so tender, he then asked if I wanted me?? Ugh yeah of course and he made me a whole second plate!!!! I love this place, I just hung out for a beer and a chat..
    I did a 7hr walk and barely saw anyone.... although on the way home I walked around the point to see 12 dudes playing naked soccer.................

THESE NEXT BUNCH OF SHOTS ARE FROM MY 7HR WALK
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Like I said off season not sole on the beach my own private walk...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    DECIDED TO KICK THE SHIT OUT OF A ROCK AND TAKE A CHUNK OUT OF MY TOE
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SUNSET DIABLO STYLE
    [​IMG]
    SHARK DISH ONE
    [​IMG]
    SHARK DISH TWO.. SECONDS??? YES PLEASE THANKS FOR ASKING, I LOVE THIS RESTAURANT
    [​IMG]
    THE DINNER SHACK
    [​IMG]
    THE VERY FUNNY AND AWESOME OWNER
  4. crestedbutte-rtw

Oddometer:
    DAY-372
    11/9/2012
    Loaded up the bike pretty fast and headed North toward Brazil; I passed my road and kept going 3km’s to get gas and a snack. I got onto a dirt road and headed down it for 100+km’s it was a nice road just fast dirt cutting through the country side. I landed onto a paved road and rallied that for another 100km’s or so and stopped for something to eat and drink. Two nice Ninja 600’s pulled up and were talking about the motorcycle meeting, one of the largest in South America going on this weekend in Melo (where I was headed). I raged for another 100km’s or so and found a nice pull off over looking farm lands and rolling hills of Uruguay. I was about 8km’s out from Melo and started looking for Marcelo’s farm where his brother was going to meet up with me.. I saw it and pulled up; Pablo, Luis, and their 12 dogs came to meet me at the gate. I pulled in leaving the bike in the barn took off my upper protection and walked out of the barn.
    “Do you know how to ride a horse?”
    “ ugh… yeah sure I do….”
    “Cool lets go..”
    “Shit”
    So we saddled up and we were off, they were laughing at me cuz I looked like a noob.. I started laughing saying I hadn’t ridden since I was a kid.. haha We all had a good laugh as I struggled to ride a crazy ass horse, who didn’t speak English, with me on the back pretty much pissing it off and killing it hahaha. I was still wearing my Klim Pants, just bouncing all around.. haha We rode about 10km’s through fields, creeks, dirt roads, and lots of gates; until we arrived and handed over the two horses Pablo had been trailing after his horse to his friend from another farm. Lets talk about horses.. where the hell is the kill switch and or Breaks!!! F-ing hell, this thing is crazy…. Hahaha We then rode back another 10km’s back to the house.
    As we get back I realize I left my nice sunglasses at the river and we grab the truck and rally back to get them and lucjkily found them. I met their dad who is a super nice guy, although we have a little trouble communicating with my horrible Spanish.. haha We sat out drinking some beers and of course having Asado which consisted of a massive Veal Chop…so so Good

DAY-373-374
    11/10-11/2012
    FARM LIFE, FARM JOE STYLE
    I woke up crushed, my back was all locked up and my stomach feels like I did a thousand sit ups.. We headed into town to grab some oil so I can do and oil change and change my spark plug, she is starting to run off again, I hope it is that she is just running super rich since she is still kicking out a lot of black smoke.. They said usually there is like over 2,000 bikes come to this meeting every year, well it is dumping buckets of rain and we only saw maybe 200 bikes and no bikers… although did see a busa, couple liter bikes, Harleys, and a lot of beers.
    We took an easy rainy day on the farm just eating a lot and finished it off with another Asado.. ugh I have eaten so so much since being in Argentina/ Uruguay.. it’s all I do I think. So when I was with Marcelo he showed me pics of him killing and butchering sheep!! I want to do that I told him he laughed and said I probably could at his brothers farm. Pablo told me to wake up by 7:30am to milk some dang ol’ cows!!!
    [​IMG]
    MAKING MY WAY
    [​IMG]
    SHREDDING
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    WELL THIS IS A DIFFERENT VIEW
    [​IMG]
    AT THE WATERING HOLE
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I THINK I BROKE IT
    [​IMG]
    ASADO!!!!
    [​IMG]
    OSTERICH EGG
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    HARDBOILED
  5. crestedbutte-rtw

Oddometer:
    DAY-375
    11/12/2012
    YOU MAY WANT TO SKIP THIS ENTRY IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO SEE OR READ ABOUT A LAMB BEING KILLED
    If your not a fan just skip this one..Fletch

I woke up at 7:30am and headed to find Pablo, he pointed me toward Luis’s room. He was already out milking the cow’s, it took me a few tries but I finally got the milk flowing. I walked around and collected 20+ eggs from all of the hen houses and then Pablo and me walked into the fields. As we were walking, Luis rode by on a horse and started chasing through the sheep and cows. Pablo showed me the natural well and then we caught up to Luis as he was tying up a three month lamb and jumping onto his horse with it. We walked back to the barn, sharpened up a knife and hung the lamb.
    Not going to lie I was a little nervous, never killed an animal first hand; alright I wanted this put up or shut up… I was ready knife in hand and I walked into to the gated slaughtering area. I was instructed what to do, hold the head, knife was placed in the correct place, and just need to push…. Alright Breath and push.. nothing alright push like a man and there it went. Crazy it was like the movies you could have the blood bubbling and the lamb gasping for air, with one more slice it was over and she was day. The nerves were still making it kick around I thought it was still alive but it turned out to be the nervous system. Luis took over and showed me how to skin it and break it down.
    I changed my oil and tore apart my bike, once again. I checked the spark plug, shit what the hell it is running lean!?!?!?!? Well why is it smoking like that?? Huh weird. It is also leaking coolant out the back fender where the run off hose is. I put everything back together and now it is smoking a more white smoke. I packed up my gear and headed into the main house for my veal dinner!!! They had done a braise with it which had made it incredibly more delicate, I had three servings it really was just that good!!!! Such an incredible experience to get to go from field to plate with in one day..
    I headed to bed knowing I had a good day of riding tomorrow.
    [​IMG]
    COLLECTING EGGS!!!
    [​IMG]
    NO BIG DEAL JUST MILKING A COW IN URUGUAY
    [​IMG]
    SHOWING ME THE NATURAL WELL
    [​IMG]
    LOCAL URUGUAY BREED- BADASS DOGS
    [​IMG]
    WALKING OUT TO PICK OUT OUR LAMB FOR DINNER
    [​IMG]
    LUIS ROPING THE LAMB
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    HEADING BACK TO THE BARN
    [​IMG]
    HE IS JUST SHARPENING HIS KNIFE ON A SMOOTH STONE WITH WATER NO BIG DEAL
    [​IMG]
    JUST BOUT GO TIME
    [​IMG]
    NO TURNING BACK, LETS GET DINNER
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]\
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    MY JOB IS DONE, TIME TO LEARN
    [​IMG]\
    START OF SKINNING
    [​IMG]
    ALMOST DONE
    [​IMG]
    DONE WITH SKINNING
    [​IMG]
    DONE WITH GUTTING
    [​IMG]
    ALMOST DONE WITH BUTCHERING IT

Then we jumped on horses and headed out to check on the Prego Horses and their baby's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    PREGO'S AND NEW BORNS
    [​IMG]
    NEW GOOD FRIENDS, THANKS FOR SHOWING ME THE GOOD OL' URUGUAY FARM LIFE!!!
    [​IMG]
    MY LAMB DINNER!!!
    Hope it was not too gnarly for you guys, it was just an incredible experience I wanted to share with everyone.. I don't hide anything from my travels..
    Fletch..
    More updates coming
  6. crestedbutte-rtw

Oddometer:
    DAY- 376-377
    11/13-14/2012
    I woke up and drank some coffee with some fresh milk and geared up. I said my goodbyes and headed off to ride through the country side of Uruguay!! I had an incredible time and experience with them at the farm, such an experience I never thought I would have…
    It was a nice drive cutting through nothing but farm land and never seeing any cars except for farm vehicles. I pulled into Salto Uruguay on the border where there are a massive amount of hot spring baths pr Thermals as they call it. I rode it and it was like Disney World for hot springs, I found some camping for 6 bucks which is expensive but cheap for Uruguay; hostels start at 18 bucks…. Haha
    Knowing I had a huge few days coming up I hung up for an extra day taking in the hot springs, going for a nice little hike, and catching a few sunrises and sunsets.
    [​IMG]
    last nights sunset while sitting in the barn having a beer
    [​IMG]
    GOOD OL' URUGUAY FARM LAND
    [​IMG]
    SUNRISE ON THE BORDER
    [​IMG]
    SOLID STRUCTURES DOWN HERE
    [​IMG]
    WHATS FUNNY ABOUT THIS SIGN FOR HORSE RIDES?
    [​IMG]
    WELL SUPPOSEDLY YOU GET TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF DONKEY'S WHILE ON THE TOUR.. HAHAHA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    GOODBYE URUGUAY
    :clap:clap
    A FEW MORE UPDATES TO CATCH UP..I BE A SLACKING HAHA
  7. crestedbutte-rtw

Oddometer:
    DAY378-380
    11/15-17/2012
    Won’t lie my mood has been a little off, with my bike not running right for over 4 months now; it slowly starts to get to you.. This is probably the most off I have felt since starting my trip, which is weirdly good; because without the low’s you do not get the great ultimate highs.
    Woke up and packed up the bike around 7am and got on the road. Got to the border and again I have to say Argentina has the stupidest and dumbest borders ever haha. They get you to get stamped in, while checking all of your bike papers and writing it into the computer, tell me I am done. I ask for my permit they say “Oh you have to go over to the permit office, um okay so why did you need all of my bike paper work?? So I then go and get my paper work and they tell me I am done, so I get on my bike wait in line and go to leave immigration into Argentina.. No the army guy says I need another piece of paper so he sends me back into immigration. I show them my bike permit and she gives me a small piece of paper saying I am okay to go into Argentina finally.
    I got to a gas station and needed another Argentina map do to the last one getting shredded and then flying out of my map holder haha. As I was getting back on the bike a guy rolled up on a bicycle, he was German and wanted to chat for a bit. We talked about his trip, which he had done a lot of bicycle trips all over the world as well as one or two trips on his bmw.
    I got on the bike and headed for Cordoba about 650km’s away, it was pretty straight and not too much to see. Although crossing from Paraná to Santa Fe I got to go under the river in a two mile tunnel. Super cool!!!! I like tunnels!! I stopped for some back up oil and food; it is starting to burn oil a lot again. I was on my way again the ride was pretty straight for, what I mean is a freaking straight road not really many turns. I pulled into Cordoba around 6pm or so and found a hostel, that is the longest I have ridden in months and I defiantly felt it. I was planning on going to Mendoza tomorrow morning but I think I may let the bike and myself rest a day.
    Walked around the city for the day taking it easy taking a few pictures nothing to crazy.

DAY-381
    11/17/2012
    Went to get the bike and met 4 other adv riders who were from Argentina and were doing a weekend loop. The first 200 km’s of the ride toward was radtastic!!!! Super twisty and had me wishing for the ol’ CBR the whole ride. I had to stop for some food and add oil. Weird haha.. As I was riding the next 60km’s or I passed a Versys and a small Honda riding together. We kind of stuck with each other until the next town where I needed to find the route 20. They stopped and pulled up when I was looking at my map and told me which way I needed to go. Awesome thanks!!
    I raged for awhile and never found my road before I knew it I made it to a small town and realized they had taken me on the completely wrong road. I pulled into a town got gas and talked with a local trying to figure out if I should take this country road back up to the road I was original looking for but it was a 100km out of the way. Or do I take the highway… After talking to one more local I decided to rage the back roads and go for the route 20. The road was crazy twisty had to slow it down and stop raging so hard haha. Tons of potholes and gravel on the road. I finally popped out with one sketchy moment raging the twistiest just took a twisty to fast and kicked out a little too far but held it through strong. Just a little puckered haha...
    The rest of the way was super straight and I was fighting to stay focus. I pulled into Mendoza and found a place with safe parking with in 10 minutes super stoked on that and not getting lost.

LOTS OF SHOTS WHILE RIDING
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    THATS AFTER I POOPED OUT OF MY 150KM DETOUR.. THANKS DUDE ON VERSYS.. HAHAHA NO BIGGIE
    [​IMG]
    NOT STOKED AT THE MOMENT
    [​IMG]
    BUT THEN I REMEMBERED I GET TO RIDE MY MOTORCYCLE EVERY DAY!!!! STOKED AGAIN HAHA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    LONG STRAIGHT ROAD
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ROADKILL!!! YES I AM BORED ON THIS ROAD.. WHAT CAN I SAY I AM ADHHHHHHHHD
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    MENDOZA AFTER I DROPPED MY GEAR OFF
    [​IMG]
    THIS MADE ME LAUGH THE FISH LOOKS LIKE HE IS GETTING A SURPRISE BY HIS PASSENGER HAHAHA
    [​IMG]
    DOPE BMWER SITTING ON THE SIDEWALK...

THANKS FOR FOLLOWING ALONG, HOPE EVERYONE WHO IS ENJOYING THANKSGIVING HAS A BADASS MEAL AND TIME!!!! SOMEBODY HAVE A DEEP FRIED TURKEY AND SOME PBR FOR ME HAHAHA
  8. WhorehayTheBarbarian

WhorehayTheBarbarian Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great adventure!!!

the lamb scene was rough but its something I have allways wondered if I could do. Hard to eat meat our whole lives without having to do the dirty work...

Thanks for showing us the world.
  9. crestedbutte-rtw

Oddometer:
    Yeah Defiantly the first time I have ever been that Hands on from grass to table... Very interesting and very intense haha..

Thanks for following me around the world.. much more to come over the next ....years.

Fletch
  10. Manolito

Manolito Patagonia guide

Oddometer:
    Fletch, when do you think you'll be aproaching to Ushuaia ?

I live 375 miles north from Ushuaia, and would be nice to invite you a beer
  11. crestedbutte-rtw

Oddometer:
    Would love to grab a beer and maybe a ride!!
    Not sure when I will get down that way, will PM you when I get closer, guessing around Christmas or so; I am in Santiago working on the bike again at the moment.

Fletch
  12. crestedbutte-rtw

Oddometer:
    DAY 382-385
    11/18-21/2012
    MENDOZA

Mendoza was nice, not my all time favorite but still very nice place. I stayed for 5 nights, I walked around a lot just taking in all of the nice parks, plaza’s, and markets. But I was ready to get back into the mountains and to go to Chile. Met some nice people had a few beers, I did decide not to do a wine tour, one very expensive but also I have done them before so not a lot of interest.
    I did a lot of catching up this week on my writing and picture editing. Cooked up a few good meals and had some good whiskey. Planned out my route down to Patagonia taking the Chilean side as far as possible, and then cutting over to Route 40.

DAY-386
    11/22/2012
    THANKSGIVING!!!
    Let’s shred for Chile!!
    The bike all day was dogging with no power on the climb up toward the border, but was not using any coolant do to how cold it was but still burning oil. As well as the suspension going which I will have to get rebuilt again in Chile before I make my run for Patagonia, my Clutch may need to be changed out do to kept skipping, super not to stoked on the bike or all of the work and money I just spent for nothing in BA.. But that’s traveling and letting random mechanics work on the bike, but that’s what I get for not knowing enough about my bike. Although I have learned a lot but still have oh so much to learn ahahaha
    Okay enough griping today’s riding even with the bike not running awesome still had me smiling and the heart screaming “fuck yeah!!!” So nice to be back in the mountains oh how much I have missed them!! I started riding in and they were small but I was stopping for pictures and the higher I went the larger they got. I stopped at the base for gas and talked with a couple if nice Argentinean BMW and Harley guys before heading on. I passed an old Sled (Snowmobile) and had to turn around for a picture then decided to stop for some food and to take a break. The road was awesome super twisty with incredible views and massive tunnels some over 2 miles.

I pull up to the border and there was a massive lineup of cars waiting, so of course I rode passed all of them toward the front of the line. I jumped off the bike and walked up to the police asking where I can park and where to go to get the show on the road. The police were actually really helpful and awesome, they told me to skip through and go and park in the back area. So I walked back to my bike and the guy who I had just passed gave me a thumbs up and waved; but as I got back to the bike there was a guy standing there checking it out. I smiled and said hi… You always run into people wanting to chat and find out your story... yeah not in this case......... (This is the first time this happened to me)..
    “Do you think your special” –Old Man
    “Ugh what”
    “What gives you the right to skip in front of everyone, just because you’re on the bike?”
    “Yes and I just got waved through by the cops, So obviously it is not a big deal”
    “Oh so you’re just going to go and skip more people?”
    “Yes yes I am, have a good one, great talk”- haha
    “Figures so common of you guys”
    So then I headed in and a police gave me a walking escort to a safe parking area for me to leave the bike and do my paper work. I walked in and was standing in a massive line; a guy who had helped me outside walked up grabbed me and told me to follow him. We skipped the line; he gave me some papers to fill out, and then walked me into the auto area where there were no lines. As I was standing there filling out the paper the old man was back!!!
    “You think you can just skip everyone!” Old man
    I was over him at this point...
    “Whatever you say”
    “You think your special”
    “The cop gave me permission, go yell at someone else”
    “You guys think you can drive however you want just because you’re in Latin America, would you drive like this in Colorado?
    “Yes”
    And then he turned to the immigration officer and told him I had skipped the line out side
    “The police waved me through go yelled at them”
    He then walked and whispered something else into his ear and walked away... Just in time to walk outside and watch 5 other bikers skip the line and park their bikes and walk inside, he walked away pissed... hahaha

I filled out my paper work and smashed through quickly, walked outside to get checked out. (I had been warned they x-ray all of your bags and so on) I was a little worried since I have my full Knife kit, Bear spray bottles, and a bunch of muscle relaxers from y friends Sister who is a doctor (due to an old injury flaring up.
    The first lady walked up asked me to open all my bags and show her everything. You serious all of them? Then we opened my tank bag, she moved my hat and then pointed at my duffle, I opened that she saw my dirty boxers on top and said I was good to go… hahaha
    The next guy came up and shook my hand looked over the bike asked a few questions, and then asked about my stuffed animal. Animal from the Muppets that is Zip tied to the front crash bar. He said I was all done, but then caught his eyes on my other crash bar that has Rabbit ears zip tied on that Pablo gave me for good luck. He asked if I had the rest of the Rabbit in my bag?? I thought he was joking, he was not. I told him they were good luck; oh cool I need you to take those off. I cut them off and went to hand them to him... ugh no thanks he pointed at the lady who had done the first search, she put out her hand with her head turn.. hahah not stoked I put them in her hand and she walked to the trash barely holding them..

I was off again and was so stoked pulled off at the first ski area took a few pics and then headed down. There was this one section of 30 switch backs broken off in two stages dropping over 1000meters or so. 3,000ft or so. So much fun and smooth, the views were incredible. I love the mountains it is just where I belong I think. The rest of the ride was smooth, until I pulled into a toll booth with no Chilean money. They would not take Argentinean peso, they would take a US dollar I didn’t have one. So I just sat there arguing with the lady, the guy behind was nice of enough to offer and pay my toll. I pulled off at the next stop to find an ATM. As I pulled into Santiago my direction I got off line were wrong, I also asked a cop and after a long time of explaining they realized I had no idea, so they told me to follow. They kicked their lights on and we headed off, got me on the right road and waved me through. I stopped after awhile after I had passed through Santiago. Finally after a phone call and a lot of driving in circles I was (A) wishing I wasn’t such a bad ass/ idiot and used a GPS hahahah (B) new better Spanish I finally found it with a quick riding down a sidewalk and going the wrong way on a street I made it to an awesome Hostel with safe huge amount of parking for bikes called Ventana Sur Hostel, also one of the cheapest one’s in Santiago. On a top note also just got voted tope three hostel in South America by hostel bookers.
    I had been lost in Santiago for almost two hours haha.. Pulled in met great people and walked to the grocery store to find something Thanksgivingish. I bought a chicken, can of corn, beer, and M&M’S haha
    Happy TURKEYDAY EVERYONE!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    HEADING INTO THE ANDES
    [​IMG]
    THROWING DOWN A SIDEHILL ON NEXT YEARS POLARIS RMK PRO FOR MY CB HOMIES
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    RAD CLOUDS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    START OF THE ANDES
    [​IMG]
    INCREDIBLE VIEWS ON THIS SMOOTH ROAD
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    CHILE IS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THIS 2+MILE TUNNEL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ON THE OTHER SIDE
    [​IMG]
    AVALANCHE TUNNEL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    WELCOME TO COUNTRY 14 WITH ME.. THANKS FOR RIDING ALONG!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    WELCOME TO CHILE MY FRIENDS
    [​IMG]
    FOR SET OF THIRTY SWITCHBACKS DROPPING DOWN 1000 METERS
    [​IMG]
    SECOND SET OF SWITCHBACKS
    [​IMG]
    YUP, IT OFFICIAL I AM JUST HAPPIER IN THE MOUNTIANS!!
    [​IMG]
    ANIMAL ON THE OTHER HAND NOT SO STOKED TO BE BACK IN THE ALTITUDE
    [​IMG]
    ONE LAST SHOT OF THE ANDES FOR NOW
    [​IMG]
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
    :clap:clap
  13. rawdog

rawdog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Stunning pics!! :clap:clap
  14. Shibby!

Shibby! Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sweet dude! Keep it up!

I'd tend to the bike before it becomes a bigger issue though!
  15. crestedbutte-rtw

Oddometer:
    Thanks Quinn, no no I agree just needed to make it to Santiago, have a hook up here. Looks like I blew the head gasket, getting the valves checked again, found a offroad guy to rebuild the front and back suspension.. oh yeah both smashed hahaha.. but he is doing it for pretty cheap hook up.. Will be headed to meet up with Nick in TDF for Christmas.. here in a week or so.. Found an awesome hostel for cheap in Santiago where they have good place to work on the bike..
    Talk with you soon brother

Thanks man, I have been trying to take it more serious with the pictures lately and am very happy how it is turning out!!
    Thanks again!!
  16. crestedbutte-rtw

Oddometer:
    RODEO!!!
    Quick jump back to the farm Days:
    On Sunday we jumped into Pablo’s VW truck and headed to the school which is also the rodeo grounds. We arrived and there was a lot of people standing around a massive field with three poles near the crowd and al the horses at the other end in a coral.
    We were right next to the gate and watched as they brought three horses down, two guys and their horses to each wild, angry, pissed off horse.. They would literally drag it down the field and then pull it to the post tying it up and quickly through a blind fold over the eyes to keep it semi calm. Half the time thought they would just go crazy rolling on the ground and pulling, if they did lay on the ground and would not get up. All of the cowboys would start to kick or whip it until it would stand up kind of sad to see.
    It was awesome to witness and experience, the rider would jump up on the horse and try to stay on while started to kick and get ready. One guy would pull the rope and horse was free; as he was leaving the post another guy holding the blind fold would pull it off as it the horse started it’s run. Then the horse would sprint as fast as it could kicking and bucking his way down the field. Two horsemen would chase after him on either side of him and try and grab him off of it. This was a very funny part of it, the guys would grab the riders off sometimes pulling them onto their horse; but most of the time the rider ended up on the ground. Sometimes they would pull the rider off, but not being able to hold him dropping him at high speeds to face plant onto the ground. Other times the riders would just crash to the floor, the horse would land on them, they would drag down the field, and other times just bucked off. There were three really good carnage wrecks, first one the guy was close to the fence (which is just a three wired fence) and he came smashing into it and all of the spectators went running and screaming, but he stayed on the horse and nobody was hit… Next was a guy who stayed on the horse as it straight lined it back toward the coral, The horse never stopped and blasted through the wood fence as the rider came crashing off..
    The last was one of the last rides of the day, a young man was riding awesome as he headed down the field when the horse took a hard left and was T-Boned by one of the other horseman there to help. But instead he ran over the rider and his horse then body slammed the rodeo rider. He got carried/dragged off but was okay at the end of it.
    [​IMG]
    NICE RAINY RODEO
    [​IMG]
    GOING TO GET THE HORSES AND GET THE RODEO STARTED
    [​IMG]
    TIED AND BLIND FOLDED WAITING FOR A BRAVE RIDER
    [​IMG]
    NOT STOKED AT ALL
    [​IMG]
    AND IT HAS BEGUN
    [​IMG]
    YEEEHAW
    [​IMG]
    MAN DOWN
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    GIT N' SOME
    [​IMG]
    ASADO.. AGAIN AND AGAIN..
    [​IMG]
    THIS IS WHAT GETS THE HORSES KCIKING
    [​IMG]
    THIS IS WHAT SUPPOSED TO KEEP THE KICKING HORSES IN....
    [​IMG]
    WERE BACK AT IT
    [​IMG]
    IN UR FACE
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    HOLDING TIGHT
    URUGUAY RODEO!!!
  17. Manolito

Manolito Patagonia guide

Oddometer:
    I'll be here for Christmas, then i will be going north.
    if there is something I can help you with, just PM me.
  18. crestedbutte-rtw

Oddometer:
    Awesome, would love to know of a few good camping spots and to grab a beer with ya. Will be down there around the 20th of December I am guessing..
    Fletch
  19. Polaris01

Polaris01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Fletch

I'm posting this from way back on day 90 which is as far as I've read into your RR so disregard if you have it sorted out ..

I dunno, I googled your levels too and they look OK to me..
    One thing tho..as a firefighter I spent days/weeks/months on end wearing heavy protective hot turnout boots that are not dissimilar to my current dualsport AlpineStars (not sure what you're wearing for boots)
    I developed bad plantar fasciitis from the steel soles and general stiffness of the lower boots.
    Could hardly get down the stairs first thing in the morning and my feet and shins would swell.
    The pain would radiate from the bottom of my feet in front of the heel bone.

Oh yea, and walking on a sandy beach barefoot REALLY made it worse :/

Got a promotion to a white helmet, got out of my bunker boots and my feet eventually cleared up.
    Hot weather plus boots all day, some anti-fungal powder wouldn't hurt either.
    Some non-prescription anti-inflammatory ie ibuoprofin can't hurt to try.

You never know, but changing footwear could be worth a shot.
    Takes more than a couple of weeks to clear up with different footwear, that's why mine was chronic as long as I wore my boots.

Really enjoying the report, thanks for doing this for all of us!!
    Cheers
  20. Shibby!

Shibby! Long timer

Oddometer:

This reminds me of my boots during my trip.... :puke1 Worse yet on the CDT ride where we rode 6 hours in the rain with soaked feet AFTER many very hot days. Those boots could kill!!

Also reminds me to throw them outside this winter. I heard long durations of ultra cold (freezer/CDN winter) will kill the bacteria...

I slept sound at night knowing nobody would come within a 100 ft radius of my bike and tent with the stench coming off me after 2+ hot days of riding with no shower and clothes washing...

Talked with Nic via e-mail a bit Fletch. He sounds like he's having a good time. Still totally jealous of you guys! Ironically enough I spent last X-mas with Nic in Belize, New Years with both Nic and David! So much can happen in a year as I'm sure you're aware!