The CRF250L Owners thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by joec63, Sep 4, 2012.

1. SAPB

SAPB Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've only been riding for 46 years.
  2. SAPB

SAPB Long timer

Oddometer:
    I had to wait nearly 12 weeks after putting 10% down for the 2nd one my dealer got. I missed the first one.
  3. Lost Roadie

Lost Roadie High-Tech Meets Low Class Supporter

Oddometer:
    Lake Isabella, CA USA / Mai Chau, Vietnam

We waited months after being on the list waiting for our LRP...

Go get yours if you can, if one dealer has one and one can't get one why should you wait?... :evil
  4. Ed@Ford

Ed@Ford Long timer

Oddometer:
    I paid no extra shipping on mine from the dealer in Maumee Ohio (Toledo).. What they do to save shipping costs is to wait till there is a full truckload of bikes coming from Honda to them. Oddly, Honda does not charge them shipping when done that way. If the STORE has to make a special run to the warehouse...then they add shipping. Therefore, it might take a week or a month to get their "shipment".
  5. Ed@Ford

Ed@Ford Long timer

Oddometer:
    Darn...beat me by 3 years
  6. Krono

Krono Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That strange .. here (in Switzerland) they cant sell them.
    All Honda dealers stay with them in shop, although they had high expectations with this model.

Not expensive enough i guess :D

What is cool is im only one in town to ride one, and other riders keep asking me if it's a 50 or a 125cc :rofl

L
  7. Ed@Ford

Ed@Ford Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yup...not $$$$ enough...not a BMW or Ducati
  8. Harcomo

Harcomo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got any close up pictures of the Tusk risers mounted on the 250L?
  9. trainman

trainman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I guess it just depends where you live, here in Texas they are available and I had no problem in getting one and didn't have to wait. Here in the DFW area after visiting different dealers and looking at the bike, sometimes they would have one and then at other times they wouldn't, but if I wanted one they could get one pretty quick if I was a buyer. Since I have been buying my bikes from the dealer in Georgetown, Texas (by Austin) when I called them they said that they just had sold the one on the floor, but had another in their warehouse and could have it ready by tomorrow. This is a mega dealer and said that sales we good on this bike, but they were available from Honda at their local distributor at the present time so how many did I want. I think what you will find is that dealers in general have to submit to their manufacture on how many bikes (models) they want for that selling year and that's what bikes you will be allowed from them. That is if your planing potential is 12 CRF250L's for the year, that's what you are going to get, 12. This is why some dealers will deal better then others, because they know how many they will get from Honda, if you under estimate sales on said bike you will probably hold your prices higher. Remember this, the bigger mega dealers can twist Honda's arm a lot more then a small low volume dealer can, the result is more of the popular model bikes for him, thus he can get some of Honda's over runs where others dealers can't. Remember the whole world is running on projected sales.
    John
  10. trainman

trainman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm not good a posting pics, but if you will e-mail me direct I can send you the pics, or if someone would be kind enough to post them for me I can e-mail them to you, thanks.

John
  11. dangerdawg

dangerdawg NooB

Oddometer:
    Get yourself a free Google Drive account. You can store up to 5 Gigabytes there for free. Upload yours pics, set them to shared, copy the link and paste it here. Your pics stay there "forever", that is they don't get deleted after 6 months or a year. (very annoying to read a 1 year old thread and the link to the pics is broke)

Riding for 43 years here too...
  12. SAPB

SAPB Long timer

Oddometer:
    2 years riding before I had a license on friends bikes off road. I had a way of fiddling and making them run better, so they let me ride. Aren't bikes great!
  13. EEKAMOUSE

EEKAMOUSE Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Finally got the Easton bars and zeta hand guards on
  14. EEKAMOUSE

Oddometer:
    Won't let me post pics now will try later
  15. siyeh

siyeh unproductive Supporter

Oddometer:
    hey I resemble that remark

started riding these dangerous motorsickles when I was 10 years old

and that was 1968
  16. DirtyBlackIrish

DirtyBlackIrish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am excited to see how they turned out! How do they feel height wise? You get the 1 3/8 or the 1 1/8? :clap
  17. EEKAMOUSE

Oddometer:
  18. SAPB

SAPB Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, so when you get to a certain age, you can withdraw from an IRA at reduced penalty, and avoid monthly payments totally, then proceed to use up your children's inheritance. My personal record for most bikes owned at once was 4, most recently it was one at a time, until the LRP made it 2. Funny, since I got the CRF, it's the only one I've used, but if the weather was better, probably a different story. No place to ride legally at faster than what the CRF can do anyway, so why not keep it simple.
  19. EEKAMOUSE

Oddometer:
  20. DirtyBlackIrish

DirtyBlackIrish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oh hells yeah!!! I like it so much! Good job. Do the handguard turn signals light up like running lights when not blinking? How does the handlebar height feel?

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap