Ever heard of Militec-1? Your 2 cents, please

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ACD, Oct 8, 2012.

1. ACD

ACD old nOOb

Oddometer:
    Militec-1 (made in USA) is sold in Brazil in 200ml bottles as a metal conditioner. It should be added to the engine oil, 200ml for every 4 liters, and should work for 20,000km. It is said to reduce emissions and fuel consumption, and improve engine performance with less internal friction, wear and corrosion. Everything except regrowing hair!

I searched the forum and this product is only mentioned as a lubricant for knives and guns, used in grease form.

I confess I have used it before, on my Kawasaki Z750. CanĀ“t say much about mileage improvement or long term benefits or shortfalls, since I sold the bike long ago, but I can tell you that the engine would sound and feel much happier, with a mellower exhaust note and revving easier, right after the first use.

Trying to collect some intel before using it on my GS.
  2. buickid

buickid A little bit of everything.

Oddometer:
    Oil additives are snake oil as far as I know. If something were so miraculous, you'd think the large oil companies would already be utilizing them. Save your money...
  3. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I used to add it to fork oil on changes to overcome stiction. Worked great for that.
  4. cat

cat Long timer

Oddometer:
    'snake oil'

'miltec'...sounds like 'milspec'...military tech....means it is snake oil. :1drink
  5. Riteris

Riteris Dessert Runner

Oddometer:
    A place many ADV Riders fear: The Nation's Capital
    How have we survived all this time without it?