2013 ama supercross

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ADK, Sep 12, 2012.

1. BADDAD

BADDAD " Bitter Clinger "

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  2. ct-ktm

ct-ktm Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think everyone will be chasing RV..
  3. Goofy Footer

Goofy Footer Long timer

Oddometer:
    The season is a long ways off but I figure a lil thread bump with Ms Supercross 2013 couldn't hurt

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qv1r8PhRK48?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qv1r8PhRK48?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  4. AZ Air Hd

AZ Air Hd Air heads R 4ever!

Oddometer:
    How about Taylor Robert? Now that he has proven him self at ISDE in Germany - Big time!
    7th overall & beat Brown, Mullins, Casselli, Abbott etc, etc... Very Fast & only 22 y/old.
  5. PTRadam

PTRadam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How'd I miss this thread popping up? I think that Villopoto will be the man to beat. I'll be rooting for Barcia too. He consistently pulls holeshots and he will have zero thoughts about mixing it up with the established 450 guys. Dungey will have to either get better starts or learn how to pass agressively.:deal
  6. Goofy Footer

Goofy Footer Long timer

Oddometer:
    .[​IMG]

At Milestone MX
    <object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6G2Sq2pU4lU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6G2Sq2pU4lU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  7. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    If Joe (Coy) Gibbs loses all his riders will he get smart and drop Yamaha???

If Davi Millsaps moves to Suzuki will he join Bubba's team?

8. Goofy Footer

Goofy Footer Long timer

Oddometer:

Brayton went back to JGR and the Yamaha
    http://motocross.transworld.net/1000135801/features/american-honda-thanks-justin-brayton/

Davi is racing for Rockstar Energy Suzuki. Both he and Stewart are riding the same bikes again but on different teams.
    http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/22/15.../Millsaps-to-Rockstar-Energy-Suzuki-2013.aspx
  9. shocker4her

shocker4her When I am King

Oddometer:
    I would not count Stewart out. James is back on a good bike and I think he has something to prove. Just look at what he did in the beginning of the outdoors on a bike he never raced before and remember he was not getting paid to race those outdoor races. RV, Reed and even Dungey will all be up there. As for Barcia I think he better just keep his nose clean before he pulls the crap he does. Canard could come out swinging and that would be great for the sport.

I would be surprised if a Yamaha makes the top ten unless it was a 2009 model.
  10. DualSpaz

DualSpaz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What ever happened to Jason Lawrence? Is he still in jail? I always had high hopes for him, being from the same small South Jersey town as 8 time enduro champ Mike Lafferty.
  11. spdjnky

spdjnky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to the Monster Energy Cup this weekend. They changed the track this year. Looks killer.
  12. AJxr

AJxr #395

Oddometer:

stewbag going to run?
  13. Goofy Footer

Goofy Footer Long timer

Oddometer:

Here is Carmichael talking about the track..... Joker Lane and Split Start??? I'm amped for this

<object height="480" width="853">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SO-r-BZkno0?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="480" width="853"></object>
  14. ADK

ADK .

Oddometer:
    i'm going with no. :deal :freaky
  15. spdjnky

spdjnky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I haven't seen any where that he is for sure riding the Cup. I am not a huge fan of his but would hope he would be there anyways.
  16. spdjnky

spdjnky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I believe he is talking about the track path/direction change entering back into the stadium after the start gate area. I could be wrong though.

17. Beez

Beez Given to fly

Oddometer:
    Not sure if I understand the Joker Lane for this race? I've only seen a Joker Lane used in RallyCross and it's a short-cut that gives the driver an advantage. In the Monster Cup it looks like the Joker Lane makes the track longer so it's a disadvantage or did I misunderstand Ricky's explanation?

Either way the riders will have to be strategic how they use it.
  18. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    Stewart tweeted that he is not riding the Monster cup....getting ready for the sx season.
    Joker lane is a slower lane that you have to take 1 time so will be a strategy game from the way I got it
  19. Goofy Footer

Goofy Footer Long timer

Oddometer:
    That is how I understood it too. Every rider must ride through the Joker Lane at some point in the race. The Joker Lane is slower than the main track. So.... the intriguing decision is when does the rider take the slower Joker Lane?

Would you follow the leader into the Joker lane and give up the potential to grab the lead yourself?

The joker lane IMO will increase passing and racing action which is fun for us, the fans! :beer
  20. PTRadam

PTRadam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Race is streaming live FOR FREE on Monster site and Facebook. Sweet for people like me without the Speed Chanel!