Triumph Tiger 800

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by ScrambDaddy, Jul 12, 2010.

1. briansoren

briansoren Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have the Diablo. See post #15054 for a picture of it. Great bag! Doesn't get in the way when standing on the pegs and keeps the water out when you seam seal(included with the bag).
  2. internalcombust

internalcombust What a blast!

Oddometer:
    I do. Love it. Great fit and very functional. It has held up well too. Not waterproof.
  3. fullmonte

fullmonte Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer:
    You can get rolls of this on Amazon in various sizes and it works pretty well.
    [​IMG]
  4. Mr_Chris

Mr_Chris Get away, evil car!

Oddometer:
    Ermagerd. No toilet paper dispenser??? What is the bloody point then!
  5. flyinfuzz

flyinfuzz 2 Quarts low

Oddometer:
    Just wondering if anyone has had any problems after lowering the tiger : massive dragging parts, changing the steering, riding two up and such.
    I sat on one at Kingsport cycles in Kingsport , Tn and fell in lust. It just needs to be 1-2'' lower for me to be confident at stops. It could be the feeling of a new bike ,but I have had to lower my DL 1000 and KLR 650 also.
    Out of the Triumph dealers I have been to these were the most helpful , knew the bikes and had a good selection. If you are in the area drop by and visit. :deal
  6. advtenn

advtenn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thats where I purchased my "XC". Did they have the seat adjusted to the lower setting?

I would not lower the Tiger. The kickstand drags fairly easily already.
  7. doxbike

doxbike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I lowered the rear about 2" with http://www.soupysperformance.com/tiger800.html. and the front 18mm-handles great.
    Their adjustable kickstand is necessary or you'll need one from a Roadie. In either case, you'll need to increase the size of the ss foot print. I had a piece welded onto Soupy's (should come that way:kboom)
    Still handles like a slot car. I don't drag parts as I move my ass off the seat a little if I'm hitting the twisties hard.
  8. flyinfuzz

flyinfuzz 2 Quarts low

Oddometer:
    Yep checked the seat. I am just a short fat ff :lol3:lol3 . Was really impressed with the people at the dealership.
  9. blacktiger

blacktiger Tigers R great.

Oddometer:
    The other thing to consider is setting your sag correctly. The bike should sink by around 1/3 of total suspension travel with you sat on it. That's 65~70mm on the XC. I'm not that tall at 5'10" and 30" inseam but I can flat foot my XC.
  10. fbj913

fbj913 Adventure Aficionado

Oddometer:
    I have that on the frame down by the pegs. It works ok, I wore through it pretty quick. I just need plastic frame guards.
  11. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    Really ? Damn I guess I need to play with my sag because I'm the same size as you and I can't flat foot my XC.
  12. fbj913

Oddometer:
    I'm 6'0 ft with boots on, 32" inseam (without boots). I can't flat foot my XC. You also have to remember that sometimes you will have more weight with gear, luggage, extra rider... I set mine as stiff as it goes and ride like the wind... :dllama During July- September I rode my XC with the rear shock blown out, I still couldn't flat foot.
  13. pm9654

pm9654 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Really interested in these lowering links, since that's one of the things that hold off me buying one of these bikes. Everything fit ok, is it fairly easy to do? And how low is the seat height now?
  14. flyinfuzz

flyinfuzz 2 Quarts low

Oddometer:
    Hell if I sag any more I'll have soft parts dragging the ground :rofl:rofl. But I thinkk that was part of the problem , the bike didn't settle any when I sat on it . It was just out of the crate so they may have just put it on the floor as is . Looked like a nice deal on a blue Roadie ABS .
  15. browneye

browneye PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer:
    I don't get it...why do you need to flat-foot any bike? :dunno
  16. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    +1
  17. fbj913

Oddometer:
    you don't. ground clearance is way more important to me!
  18. Dirtysouth

Dirtysouth Stud fee waived for noobs

Oddometer:

I never understood this either. A lot of people pass over some great bikes because they can't flat foot at a stop. All I need is to be able to put one foot firmly on the ground and I am good, but there again I sit at stops checking my mirrors, with my hands on the bars, clutch pulled in and the bike in gear ready to go in case it doesn't register with "princess" that she needs to be stopping instead of going. :lol3
  19. Dirtysouth

Dirtysouth Stud fee waived for noobs

Oddometer:

I never understood this either. A lot of people pass over some great bikes because they can't flat foot at a stop. All I need is to be able to put one foot firmly on the ground and I am good, but there again I sit at stops checking my mirrors, with my hands on the bars, clutch pulled in and the bike in gear ready to go in case it doesn't register with "princess" that she needs to be stopping instead of going. :lol3

You don't need to be able to flat foot any bike, just make sure you put the correct foot down at a stop. Been there done that. :D
  20. bluesman

bluesman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hear hear. I ride XC and I am 1m69cm tall..or...short? :)
    Before that I rode DR800 that was even taller with DYI suspension mods.
    The only time I had problems with XC height is when I was riding for 3500 km with pneumonia (because I am dumb idiot) and felt so weak, I could only ride bike.
    For me lowering adventure bike defying very principle it built on.

But if you are 1.54 like one of my friend (and GREAT long distance traveler) - no choice. He had to lower even Deauville 700 to just be able to stop on his own.
    But flat-footing is not needed for riding normally for sure.