Tubeless tires on tube rims?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Lapchik, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Lapchik

Lapchik Professional Neurotic

Oddometer:
    Well, I just got my Kenda K761 tires today, website said tube type, and the sticker on the tire says tubeless. :kboom Well, the CRF250L has tubes. I can't send the tires back, and don't care to lose money and time on selling them to someone else. Is it possible to put tubeless tires (with tubes inside them) on tube type rims? What are the issues that arise from that?
  2. ParaMud

ParaMud Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do it with tubes. Works fine.
  3. MadM

MadM Dreamer Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1 I am using Tubeless K60 with a tube in them on my bike for the last 6000km and ther is no problem at all!
  4. kubiak

kubiak Long timer

Oddometer:
    i used tubless tires on tube type rims for decades with no problems. with a tube of course!
  5. Bogfarth

Bogfarth Fridge Magnet Safety Tester

Oddometer:
    I have Michelin Commander IIs on my V-Star 650, which has spoke rims. On the sidewall of both tires is a little note for the literate mechanics: On Tube-Type Rim, Fit Tube. This applies to all tubeless tires. :deal
  6. Endurodude

Endurodude Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've run tubeless tyres with tubes ever since buying the bike 3 years ago. No problems at all. In fact, the bike came with tubeless tyres as OE from BMW! I ride an F800GS.
  7. viverrid

viverrid not dead yet

Oddometer:
    If a mechanic needs to read that, literacy is hardly his problem! But yeah some DIY somewhere saw that the tire said "tubeless", tried running it without a tube, and then sued or at least complained.....
  8. Thorgrim

Thorgrim Used'ta could

Oddometer:
    I'll admit to being a fan of running tubes in tubeless tires with at least two tire/wheel locks. Of course, I think double-bagging-it is a good idea at times.