rnickymouse failure Mulholland fest

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by wiseblood, Jul 31, 2012.

1. car94

car94 What's this Box for?

Oddometer:
  2. slide

slide A nation with a future

Oddometer:
    Blaming the photogs for crashes is like blaming the bad food you got at a restaurant on the tablecloth.
  3. G.Kennedy

G.Kennedy ...

Oddometer:
    that my whole point you douche :clap. I am going slow enough to see the turd who just biffed and/or is coming at me in the wrong lane.

Like this, which is actually unavoidable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5aHCXJhY_Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

If you guys want to see lots of high speed footage from the SoCal canyons. Looks up Johnny5sworld or Adeysworld in you tube. These guys write the book for getting in done. They never cross the yellow line.

As your sig quote says "Ride your own ride":deal
  4. car94

car94 What's this Box for?

Oddometer:
    Another testi one from Ca!:rofl
    I thought all you Cali hippies were laid back! I guess all the smog and traffic and the desert must not be that relaxing!:freakyRelax Francis its a Joke! Just like those chicken strips on your tires that they can see from the Moon! :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl BAM You see what I did there. Just when you thought I was being nice KaPOwie :eek1 I nailed you again!:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3
    My ride involves picking at perceived weakness in others because I am insecure in the fact that I am Awesome! I mean, I know, I am, but I sometimes lash out for no reason, at others just to make myself laugh even though others find it disconcerting and mean spirited. Your pants are funny looking also!
  5. G.Kennedy

G.Kennedy ...

Oddometer:
    Hey. Have you ever seen the movie Cars. You know that animated one for children. Call me crazy, but you just quoted 5 lines from that movie ..... And I don't think you were even trying.

Really you should watch it. My 3 yr old loves it.

(and the clapping jumping guy in my first post ..... It means I am joking.) Douche.
  6. eatpasta

eatpasta Lawnmower Target Supporter

Oddometer:
    This thread just get dumber and dumber..... jeez

C'mon! More vids before it gets kicked into the basement!!

:ddog

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OY9D4NPj7D0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  7. wiseblood

wiseblood This checks out Supporter

Oddometer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q1UYkrxFls4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  8. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    this one looks like brand new bike....brand new tires....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qX9jUWRqr-4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  9. RxZ

RxZ Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer:
    I've always liked the white CBRs. Very nice looking bike. Too bad about the crash though.
  10. daveinva

daveinva Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I'm guessing that braking in a turn at that point is bad...
  11. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pics or it didn't happen!:deal

I don't think anyone "blamed" the cameraman/woman. Just said they were a distraction.
    I'm kinda surprised the law doesn't tell them to hit the road as they would be considered an "attractive nuisance" standing, and parked on the side of the road, some riders parked right on the damn white line in some cases. WTF!
  12. eatpasta

Oddometer:

well it WAS a gorgeous bike.....

:dunno
  13. slartidbartfast

slartidbartfast Life is for good friends and great adventures Supporter

Oddometer:
    Southern Louisiana or Southern England or ...
    Someone who "gets it"!

I admire the photographer's entrepreneurial activities but they are in denial if they think they and the other spectators (vultures) are not part of the problem.

The bikes that got hit by people spinning off the road should have expected it IMO, as it seems obvious from the videographic and road-surface evidence that the inside of that curve is as dangerous as the outside when drivers and riders are trying to show off.
  14. G.Kennedy

G.Kennedy ...

Oddometer:
    Same as above. But learning how to embed. GoPro footage of the Snake.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5aHCXJhY_Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5aHCXJhY_Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
  15. fast4d

fast4d Long timer

Oddometer:

looks like he used the rear brake too.
  16. KX50002

KX50002 NooB, my ass

Oddometer:
    Looks and sounds like he was on the throttle, not the brakes.
    Just needed more throttle, and more countersteer... Flattrack style!! Get that tire spinnin and driving you through the corner, you'll be fine!
  17. Scalpel 3000

Scalpel 3000 Proficient Scootering

Oddometer:
    If I see a hot girl on the side of the road, get distracted, and crash my bike, I don't say "It was her fault! Look at how she's dressed!" :huh

It's my job to keep my focus on the road.

I could understand blaming them it these guys were standing on the side of the road with strobe lights and air horns, but they're not, are they? If a crowd of motorcycles, riders, and photographers is too much for my "focus" to overcome, I should either slow down a bit, or take up stamp collecting instead.
  18. iyaoyas98

iyaoyas98 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wrecked into the back of a car staring at some tits in a white T-shirt one afternoon. She ran over and gave me a hug when I told her it was her fault. :lol3
  19. duck

duck Banned

Oddometer:
    That's what I thought too. Went back and looked and his brake light goes on right before he biffs. Maybe he pulled in the clutch and the engine rev'd a little.

Either way he's a doofus. That poor bike.
  20. wiseblood

wiseblood This checks out Supporter

Oddometer:
    Pictures, or it didn't happen. :deal