World of Tanks

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by OConnor, Jan 29, 2012.

1. SkidMarx

SkidMarx Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was having the same problem with the 25/2. 100% crew camo, net and binocs should have made it an invisatank, but It just wasn't working out that way. I switched my commander from 100% cammo to sixth sense with a secondary in recon and it helped quite a bit. I put camo paint on it recently. I feel that makes up for the missing cammo skill on the commander.

With 6th sense, I discovered 1 of my problems. I was exposing myself too much when shooting. With the decent rate of fire of the 90mm the and the camo net reset time, I was exposing myself every 5 seconds.
    I relocate more often now, and have slowed down my rate of fire for the most part. I also move back farther from the bushes so that they don't go invisible when I shoot.
    If it's a city map, I just drive around and blow shit up. :D
  2. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    graphics is at min. i turned antialiasing on at 2x and triple buffering was already on. are those the two you are talking about?
    I'm running a laptop with integrated card. 8g of ram though. thought that would help
  3. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    Sucks having the frame rate drop into the single digits. I was hoping to upgrade my processing power, but look like I have to invest in a TV to appease the wife and children first. My ping took a huge shit with 8.1 too.

I have 6th sense on a couple different commanders, but I have no idea how it works. Is that when the aiming ring turns black and points off to where a shot comes from?
  4. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:

no, when you are detected a little lightbulb shows up in your headsup. I have it on my T34. a tank which absolutely does not need it
  5. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am just now getting the perks on my crews....I always just bounced them when I got a new tank. So far I have a bunch that are about 80-90% to their first perk, and 3 with the first perk finished. I do think that the 6th does help me, but as far as the others is there a way to "tell" when that perk is actually doing something....I mean you get the little lightbulb on the one, but how do you really know you are actually getting something.

For grins I did recon on one of my tanks and I don't think the view range on the main page went up....I know kinda stupid questions....I guess you would call me a casual player....I do play the game a lot, but have not really looked into all the little stuff that would make it better to play....like the skins for the tanks.
  6. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I really like it....I have it on my Tiger and JS crews....I find it to be very helpfull....but that is the only perk that I KNOW does somthing....how do you know what the others do?...do they have something like the lightbulb?
  7. Hodag

Hodag Native

Oddometer:
    i like it also
    have it on my tiger, vk-p, and gwpanther

really nice on the spg
  8. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    I don't recall ever seeing a lightbulb. Hmm.....
  9. SkidMarx

SkidMarx Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think he's talking about draw distance and Object LOD

Go here to see what everything does and some great suggestions
    http://www.worldoftanksguide.com/guide-game-settings.shtml
  10. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    About bloody time; I've been waiting to buy a Churchill. I'm a bit wary that they didn't specify the discount percentage for that vehicle...

KV-1S is weeping though...
  11. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    It will also appear in the bottom left corner where it shows you tank damage - a little lightbulb lights - you can see it grey'd out when you don't have it

I personally find it very useful no matter the tank - because if I'm being harassed by artillery it lets me know when I'm clear to come out of cover and make a move.

:freaky
  12. UngaWunga

UngaWunga Mosquito bait

Oddometer:
  13. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
  14. Smithy

Smithy Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer:
    Time to exercise the KV-3 for some credits, then.
  15. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    Speaking of TDs, I just remembered that I wanted to mention this. Last night, I was rolling in my T28 and met another T28 head on.

I fired my first premium shell since beta. It bounced. :dhorse

The next shot was AP at the same spot. Penetrated for full damage. :cob
  16. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    I've noticed premium shells bouncing more these days.

Even the HEAT rounds in the SU26 get the message "that one bounced" how does a HEAT round bounce?:huh
  17. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    Sold my 3601 and bought the PzIV Shturm premium.:evil
  18. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    hopefully I can get some play time with the kv3 for the bonus. long way to go to the next tank
  19. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    well, is this normal?

At Live Oaks, I was the only one to go towards the bridge, A13 vs B-1 I got tired of no artillery support or any assistance to take the heavy down, so I went past him to their cap and took out their arty and captured the base...

why was everyone else patting themselves on the back saying what a good job they did? I guess if they didn't keep the rest occupied by catching their rounds then I wouldn't have succeeded, but still.

Btw, I am BigBird928 on WoT.
  20. Mambo Danny

Mambo Danny I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    Sometimes we just don't really realize the work others do.

You can really check to see if your team was keeping the enemy engaged by the end score report by putting tanks in order from highest to lowest XP earned (while also taking a look at damage amounts and kills). It's a pretty fair report of how 98% of the tanks in the game contribute to the overall effort since damage done to higher tier tanks is weighted heavier for lower tires. It's not uncommon to have a tier 9 earning the most XP in a tier ten pub battle.

Yeah, pubs these days are about as bad as they have ever been, so at that tier I'm sure you had some real fucktards... so it is kinda normal for a flank to be unguarded. And you did the right thing by doing what I call "negating" a very slow tank (like that B1). Likewise, not every enemy T95 needs to be addressed to win games - I 'negate' poorly placed ones and just go (sometimes far) around them to cap or do whatever.

So your teams had arty - with enough arty both teams can, and often do, run for the city and ignore the bridges... so it could have been a calculation on their part that the enemy wouldn't be taking the bridges either. Without the end reports and such, it's just too tough to say it was all normal due to dickbag-gery, or due to tactics.