For Winnipeg and the surrounding area!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by BOBMUNZ, Jun 6, 2009.

1. jimtoe

jimtoe Dream'n of a Dream

Oddometer:
    The Peg 2 seasons short summer & long winter
    Carl am I going to have to send my baby Versys out to teach you how to save your front tire tread. Not only do you save tread, the bike stays much cleaner as less road grim sprays on bike bottom.

You may experience facial pain though with the constant ear to ear grin. :D

Hey were is the ADV sticker. No wonder the wheel won't lift.:jjen
  2. Tothelake

Tothelake Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So far from my count I have the following participants........please let me know if I've missed anyone

rugbyrtcwka
    backroader - valve adjustment
    jimtoe
    2whlrider
    silencejinn - doo, sprocket
    mark96
    pifflemaster - graciously offering special tools
    markII - doo
    calan88 - to demonstrate wheelies on his new Super Tenere:clap
    tothelake - doo, host

The weather I ordered is looking good and apparently the mosquitoes are 2 weeks away, so the plan is ready to go:freaky
  3. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider

Oddometer:
    Makes me sad I don't have a KLR. No doo for me. So sad. I do however have to put gas in the DR.
    Lyle
  4. Tothelake

Oddometer:
    Does that mean you're going to make the trek to Grande Pointe? I'm sure we could find something to turn a wrench on with the DR:evil. Too bad our beloved government will be boosting the price of gas another 2 1/2 cents + GST that day.
  5. DrydenRider

DrydenRider Sun Seeker

Oddometer:
    I am in the market for some new gear and am looking at the Klim Latitude jacket and pants. It is expensive but top quality.

The trouble is finding a dealer that stocks it. Lots stock the winter gear but not the summer.

Anyone on this forum know of a dealer in Canada or the US within a reasonable distance who stocks the Klim summer motorcycle gear.
  6. Tothelake

Oddometer:
    I had heard that Winnipeg Suzuki on Waverley had Klim gear. 1 888 418 0231 is their toll free number. Good luck! I also noticed that Dualsport Plus had Klim gear on their website. They were great to deal with for my KLR parts.
  7. BackRoader

BackRoader Life Is A Hiway, Ride It.

Oddometer:
    I settled on a Olympia Jacket and will get the pants later on in the season. Much cheaper than KLIM, saving the cash will go towards the Insurance payment.....:rofl
    Garth, Wildwood has the Olympia Gear...why don't you ride in on the 16th and test out the BMW's, the gear and ride with us, as we are heading to the IceBreaker, late Wednesday afternoon. (2Whlrider, Dave, can confirm departure time)
  8. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider

Oddometer:
    Looked at KLIM in the States. Nice gear....BUT! You have to be shitting me? $$$$$
    Looking for a good mesh jacket for the summer. Olympia have anything Greg?
    Also.....me pretty stoopid.....what's the best/easiest way to get chain oil/road grime off my wheels? HCL?
    Wont be with you this weekend.....honey do list just too long. Headed to YQT next weekend. Hope somebody will be home.
    Lyle
  9. BackRoader

Oddometer:
    I believe I saw a mesh pants and jackets at Wildwood.
  10. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider

Oddometer:
    I have a mesh jacket. It's UGLY! But, it works. Next time I'm in the 'peg it may get replaced. While on the subject of UGLY, I do have "that" suit......
  11. on-off

on-off Six String Slinger

Oddometer:
    Got some money burning in my pocket about 6k. I'm looking at cruisers a bit,then there is the new Honda 700 dual sport,a used BMW 650 online,a Versey, a Suzuki 650 DR, a couple of used KLRS.

Remember I have a in-seam of about 29",what do you guys or girls think I should consider? Feel free to send me links or ideas{I deleted my fb account}.
  12. DrydenRider

DrydenRider Sun Seeker

Oddometer:
    Heading to Alaska this summer and I want to have gear that is gortex and waterproof from the outside not via a liner. Also do not want just a shell like the Klim Traverse or Aerostitch Darian Jacket. The only 2 that meet that qualification are the Aerostitch Roadcrafter or the Klim Latitude. Both are about the same price but i think the Klim is better. I have a couple pairs of Klim mesh pants and the quality is incredible.

I would want to buy in Canada but the price difference is incredible. In Canada the whole gear would be $1500 after delivery and tax but in the US it is just over $1000. If I can get it in Minnesota there is no sales tax on clothing of any type. I think I am going to just rent one of those mailboxes and order it and pick it up after June 1 when the duty limit goes up.

I will actually be in Winnipeg on the 16th but will be at doctors all day getting a new eyeball so will be in the car. Plan to come into town on the 15th.
  13. BackRoader

Oddometer:
    There are lowering kits for most bikes, so pick your bike and check to see if there is a kit.
    My first choice: KLR's are the least expensive of all to purchase, operate and farkle....
    2nd, the DR,
    3rd, the BMW
    Keep in mind the style of riding you do most.
  14. BackRoader

Oddometer:
    Do you want to get the "old eye ball all blood shot" on the 15th before you have your surgery??:rofl
  15. DrydenRider

DrydenRider Sun Seeker

Oddometer:
    Ha ,ha, already had the surgery this time it for the rebuild. Will take most of the day but could be up for a beer the night before.
  16. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider

Oddometer:
    If you want to head to MN to shop for a jacket etc, let me know when. We can just wear the stuff home!
    Lyle
  17. SoSlow

SoSlow Having fun

Oddometer:
    Did a quick run out to Headingley this evening, grabbed a burger from Nick's, and spent a little bit of time on the Perimeter before heading home.

Ah, bliss.

Taking classes at U of M this summer, looking forward to a 30km ride twice a day, it's going to be great! :D
  18. jimtoe

jimtoe Dream'n of a Dream

Oddometer:
    The Peg 2 seasons short summer & long winter
    Add 2k more and I have a Harley Sportster which is already well farrkled will fit your inseam well.
  19. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider

Oddometer:
    Thought you'd sold that H-D? 1200C is it not?
    I have something of yours. Nest time I'm in the peg I'll bring it along.
    Cheers
  20. on-off

on-off Six String Slinger

Oddometer:
    Mr.Versey thanx but no thanx,a 12 sporty would go like snot! But too many pesos and they ride like a gyroscope. My"friends ALL drive Harleys"JaniceJ but it's too much history and not enough comfort or handling for me. Saturday I'll test out a 02 Magna,and two V-Stars....we'll see?