World of Tanks

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by OConnor, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:

you sure they weren't taking a nap in preperation for their dirt nap? :deal That is a long time to admire the shot. :lol3
  2. Theaty Hannington

Theaty Hannington Long timer

Oddometer:
    I completely agree. I still personally enjoy arty a ton. Also players are not as arty safe as they used to be. :D

For me, I enjoyed the T21 a ton. Switching to the less agile and stock T71 was amazingly painful - my least favorite stock tank yet. Elited, it's sweet, but auto-loaders are a different beast. Took me a couple hundred battles in the AMX12t and T71 before I found a strategy that usually works well for me -- typically top 5 damage when in any tier. I know you got the Chinese auto-loaders, but from what I've seen those play rather differently. Maybe not though, never tried them myself. :deal
  3. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am actually trying to play it like you do with the ELC AMX... :lol3
  4. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    One of the tricks I've found for the T71 is to do what you need to to stay alive as long as possible, aka, don't suicide scout.....the deeper into the battle you can go, the more dangerous you become to the other team. The BatChat plays the same way.
  5. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I play most of the light tanks this way...then I am that sneaky little fucker that will come up and take that last 200hp away....and then zoom off.....all the while arty is yelling SCOUT.
  6. UngaWunga

UngaWunga Mosquito bait

Oddometer:

Autoloaders are the cleanup crew. Let other tanks do the damage and distract, then zoom in to clean up.

Or sit in the bushes and snipe. That top gun penetrates well, and is very accurate. You can really annoy players by zapping them for 150hp every few seconds.
  7. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    IMHO, a T71 with a set of binocs is one of the most dangerous passive scouts in the game......and then it can become one of the most dangerous active scouts in the game, especially with the new accuracy model.
  8. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    I'm trying to get the hang of the 1601. It's not really fast enough to suiscout, and it seems while I'm hiding in the bush (camo,binocs) everyone can see me anyway. Most battles I'm with 4 other scouts too:huh

Played the Leffer a bit last night. Even at tier 5 it is still very effective. I switched servers and found that the battles on West seemed to get better MM and teams than I got on the East.

I sold the Priest again, have a slot open and was looking at which line I wanted to go. I'm not a light tank fan. Arty has been gutted, so it's not as much fun to play in higher tiers. Maybe they should intruduce cluster munitions for higher tier arty:evil
  9. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    Leigh and Ed brought me over to East for platoon yesterday. I kept playing after they left. Should have gone back to west.

Solo win rate was like 22% - and for the same interval, I pulled huge efficiency and WN7 results. It was sheer stupidity.

Oh yeah, Chaffee > T21 > T71. Sold the T71 a couple days ago. On-the-move accuracy is what did it in for me.
  10. UngaWunga

UngaWunga Mosquito bait

Oddometer:
    smooth ride on the driver works for me...
  11. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    My driver has smooth ride. Accuracy is still garbage.

Chaffee can autoaim @ full speed and score better than a 75% hit rate at 100m. Meanwhile, T71 clips out @ 50m with 2 hits. Scouts that can't anti-scout just don't do it for me.
  12. Theaty Hannington

Oddometer:
    Yeah, if I do sell the T71 it will be because of the bouncy ride. The tank is too physically short to be a stable firing platform while moving.

I definitely do the long distance sniping in the early match to stay alive until...

...zooming into to help team mates mop up outmatched and unsuspecting enemies that I know aren't supported by any long distance snipers. :evil

The T71, for me, is a support tank that plays almost exactly the same as the T21. Snipe and stay alive, then finish them. Look for tanks that have been cut off from their team.

The ELC AMX, on the other hand, is a mobile coup de grace machine - some early match sniping followed by some mobile derping to the back of unsuspecting tanks. And then doing this: :rofl.

So true: Stay Alive. You are the #1 threat if there are only five tanks left on the other side. Everybody tells me that the T71 is the best trainer for the BatChat25 in the game. :norton

I haven't got the Chaffee yet, but it certainly seems from afar like this hierarchy is true for my playstyles as well. Once I get the T69 I'll get a Chaffee, but I want to grind through the rest of the XP on the T71 first. :deal

I have not been effective at passive scouting in it for three reasons: I'm usually with tanks who have the same view range as me, I'm not terribly great at passive scouting, and that gun is so effective at any tier that it seems such a waste to me to take that gun out of the game. However, now that you bring it up, it is clear that with Coated Optics, Recon, and Situational Awareness, this would have a 460m view range while moving, and with Binocs it would be 530m while still. :eek1 That is good. Maybe I should try it like this sometime.

By the way, Sam, since you started this T71 discussion, I play the tier 6 AMX 12t the same way: snipe from afar before zooming in to support/mop up with team mates. 7mm and I played 4 or 5 rounds in the 12t last night like this (While I was drinking wine made from the grapes he grew) and we were rocking it. One round I ran out of shells and we both had 1500+ damage (In the T71 it would've been 2500+ damage each, probably) which was good enough for fourth and fifth on our team in a tier 9 match that we won because us two shut down their push from sniping so fast. :freaky

My main advice: Stay alive and don't get caught alone. I snipe then support, but MN_Smurf's tactic of Passive Scouting is effective as well. Both require you to stay alive and have friends around. :deal
  13. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I enjoy my ELC...I have had it as of day 1 when they gave it out with the 100% crew IIRC.

I play it so many different ways...sniper, fast attack zoom in hit zoom away.

I always make money in the thing....unless someone gets lucky. Not sure about the 12t...had it before the change, and did not like it....might give it a go again.

I have yet to play an autoloading tank.
  14. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:

Thank you, that is kindof what I am going for, I just have to learn routes and to read the map better.
  15. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Posted on July 2, 2013 by Silentstalker

Well, I am sure a lot of you have heard already, so… the 8.7 open test starts this Thursday (unless something happens that is)

- T57 Heavy nerf? “Will nerf, if needed. If not needed, I won’t nerf.”
    - there is exactly one difference between Chinese tanks 111 and 112
    - according to SerB, autoloader tanks didn’t break the battle balance
    - Object 263 has subcaliber shells instead of HEAT shells, because the developers haven’t found historical HEAT shells.
    - tier 8 heavies fighting too often in T9/10 battles? “How terrible…”
    - SerB wants to have a close look at Churchill GC and reduce its tier by 1
    - Japanese top arty will apparently have a short range 300mm caliber gun, Chinese top arty has not been found yet
    - it’s possible that the VK4502 Ausf.A and B will be united as one tank in the future (specifically, both will become hull options for the VK4502), developers already started to work on this feature
    - as a part of the aforementioned feature, it’s possible that the T-50-2 hull will return as a T-50 hull option, IS could recieve a streamlined frontal armor as its second hull option and the US T23 medium might appear as another tank’s hull option also
    - removing of the top unhistorical Panther engines apparently does concern other vehicles on their bases (Jagdpanther I and II), they might get an improved terrain passability, “if needed”
    - the fire damage is tied to the projectile it was caused with. In other words, if someone sets an enemy on fire and that tank is spotted by someone else, the fire damage that “ticks” while the vehicle is spotted will not count towards spotter’s XP
    - regarding the hull module impementation (as mentioned above), Centurions and Panthers will most likely not be unified as one vehicle…

But…

Okay, you will like this:

- there is an idea (SerB emphasizes, just an idea) to actually push the E-50 to tier 10 (and to unify its hull with E50M) and make the “Turbopanther” a new tier 9 (SS: apparently a GT101-equipped Panther is meant – for those who don’t know, GT101 is a JET turbine, hehe)

- one of the hull module variants for Panzer IV is one with additional side armor (“schürzen”)
    - SerB is thinking about implementing visually different suspensions (for example narrower tracks)
    - visual implementation of camo net is complicated, according to SerB, the developers haven’t figured out how to implement that yet
    - premium tier 8 Centurion is highly unlikely
    - apparently, the leaked tier 7 T-44-122 will be a Soviet medium tank in the 8.8 second medium branch (SS: interesting)
    - Panzer 38H (“Micromaus”) at the bottom of the team all the time? “How terrible…”
    - SU-152 152mm gun has higher damage than the KV-2′s one, because “it uses different shells in the game”
    - Q: “How much money would I have to bribe you with to return the 122mm gun to SU-26?” A: “For that you don’t have enough”
    - Q: “And if all the SU-26 drivers pooled their money together?” A: “Even so it’s not enough”
    - the camo factor in 8.6 still does depend on whether you move or not, no matter how little you move
    - Q: “M48A1 is underperforming?” A: “Don’t see its pluses? Don’t play it.”
    - limited MM spread is applied only to tanks with weak guns
    - under equal conditions, fallen coniferous trees do not give better camo bonus than fallen trees with leaves, but under some circumstances, they might (if their silhouette is big enough)
    - the developers considered a mode where each side would have more than one base, but it was rejected, because it’s too complicated for players
    - 15 vs 15 random format was selected, because it was considered optimal, when it comes to server load
    - basically, if I understood this comment correctly, SerB thinks that the Gaijin’s plan for War Thunder to unify ships, tanks and airplanes on one map is BS.
    - the beginning of the shell trajectory curve lies in the axis point of the gun, the position of this axis can change, depending on the turret rotation
    - the shell accuracy is not influenced by the level of zoom in the sniper mode
    - SerB states that in this situation, there is no camo bonus difference between both cases, but if the tree is small and has a complicated shape, it’s easier to be spotted because one “tank visual checkpoint” (SS: for explanation, see wotwiki, spotting) might not be covered by the tree
    - the abovementioned mechanism was not changed for ages, but it might change (not anytime soon), if the developers decide to implement bonuses for only partial vehicle cover
    - Foch 155 needs nerf? “Don’t play Foch 155. Or vice versa – play it, noone will mind”
    - T-44 needs buff? “Don’t play T-44″
    - PVE contant is not being worked on at this moment
    - China is the only WoT region, in which it is required by law for the game to force players to take breaks (even by bans)
    - if I understand this correctly, it’s theoretically possible to build a Maus branch with VK4502P and Maus prototypes on tiers 7-10, VK100.01 would be typical tier 9
    - premium tanks will not be rebalanced (as a whole category) and they won’t be hardcapped per battle

Link: http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/07/02/2-7-2013/
  16. Theaty Hannington

Oddometer:
    Keep teasing us, Serb! I've been waiting since open beta for Japanese tanks besides the lend-lease chi-ha. When I see them, then I'll believe them. :deal Well, I'll believe and buy a bunch more garage slots so I can get them all. :D
  17. Rafiki

Rafiki Some Dude

Oddometer:
    My T95 and I are liking 8.6.........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    For the love of god, make it stop...

[​IMG]
  19. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    I like the 4502(a). 70% of the time I can make it work well. 30% of the time I am a miserable failure. Had me thinking about getting a Lowe for a while. Then I realized the 4502 is already a Lowe(ish) and I saved my money.

I one shotted an SU-122-44 (premium russian td) with the T95 yesterday. I didn't do much damage with it though otherwise. Imma get on the west server tonight for a bit and see if I can improve my numbers.
  20. Theaty Hannington

Oddometer:
    West Coast is best coast. Even in video game servers. :deal