RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by BoochZilla, Jan 21, 2009.

1. BoochZilla

BoochZilla Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer:
    If you are on Facebook.com check out our RevZilla page... we are always offering up moto-nuggets, sneak peaks at sales, deals, video and email.. with the occasional contest.

http://www.facebook.com/revzilla

BoochZilla
  2. viatormundi

viatormundi Citizen of the world

Oddometer:
    Dear Anthony,

I see your 2 cents and raise by 2 more :D

I understand your points but have some comments. If Revit designed a summer suit for absolute hot climate as you say, then why there is a water/wind proof liner for the Turbine pants but not the jacket? For me the wind liner is more important in the jacket than the pants since the upper body temperature is more important.

My other comment is about the summer suit concept. I live in the Spanish island of Mallorca in Mediterranean. In the summer the temperature can be around 35 C/ 95F but in the mornings it can be chilly around 20C/68F. In addition, the west side of the island is mountainous with altitudes of around 800m/2600ft. That means during the midday, a summer suit like Turbine is needed but in the mornings or at the high altitude the conditions change and a liner is necessary. Finally, Mallorca receives sudden summer rains and it is not fun to be soaked with rain while riding even it is summer.

As I said before, I like the suit but don't understand the point why the pants have a liner but not the jacket.
  3. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    I think the pant liner continuity argument as well as touring climate change are both valid arguments. Touche. :lol3

I will say that REV'IT! does a good job listening to its customers and dealers so I don't think its out of the question to see it available down the line.

I guess this is one of those where I am happy I wasn't locked in a room with the designers fighting the hung jury on this topic 2 years ago when they were conceptualizing the coat pre-production. lol

In the end I can see both sides. You make a couple good points, I just hope I shed some light on why they went the way they did on it.

Two Wheels Down, baby!

BoochZilla

4. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Hi all,

After an outcry from our loyal ADV following, we brought the REV'IT! Sirocco Mesh Jacket back from the dead for 2010 - after REV'IT! closed it out last year!

For those of you new to the Sirocco, it is an All Season, 3/4 Touring Length, has a removable wind /waterproof and thermal liner and has about 60% of the outer shell done in Dynax Mesh.

This Jacket has an extreme all season approach but is specifically suited to perform in hot weather while being protective at a very much upgraded level. It has Pro Life CE2 Armor standard.

It was originally brought into the states at $429, but we have a full sized stock and are selling the light-grey version for $379.

Shoot me a line with any questions. We are pretty fired up to have these exclusively at RevZilla.com.

<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pEh05FrFizs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

The REV'IT! Sirocco was also worn by Jack Broomall on his Philly - Anchorage, AK Adventure last Spring. Check out 2 Wheels 2 Alaska...

[​IMG]Two Wheels Down -

BoochZilla
  5. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Its been a long time coming, but we had to reshoot one of our most prolific and original vids on RevZillaTV the REV'IT! Cayenne Pro Jacket and Cayenne Pro Pants.

Part 1 is Application, Features and Fit

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3kSbBuJc518&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

We also know we needed to shoot a video of removing the liner system and the armor. Part 2 is the deep dives into the tech details and nitty gritty.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Izpo9OXN0hs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

For reference, this is the original video we shot way back in the day! (which was 10 months ago :lol3 )

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QtOBuNG-S-Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

Let us know if we missed anything. We know you will. I think we have come a loooong way and have had lots of fun along the way. And I am still wearing the same shirt.

BoochZilla
  6. rhicks

rhicks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bravo Anthony. Excellent re-shoot! If I had not already purchased a CP from you guys this video would have made me get out the wallet.
    Speaking of, I bought the Cayenne Pro a few months back and want to give a shout out to Patrick. He did a great job and even though you have excellent videos and great ADV support threads going ultimately he was the reason I purchased the jacket from Revzilla.

I just got back from a quick trip to Ouray, CO, and dealing with 98 degree temps I will be looking for a better flowing Summer jacket. That brings me to the Turbine. Maybe this was covered in an earlier post but does the SAS-TEC back protector fit in the Turbine and are there zippers for those that already have the CP water liner to use it on the Turbine?

Also, if you are keeping score add another +1 to the "For $379.99 it should have come with a liner" crowd.

Cheers,
    Robert
  7. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Hi Robert,

Thanks for the love on the CP vid. They were made with love. Our videos are starting to take on a life of their own. Did you see the customer service video? We were all sugared up on skittles that day.

Regarding the Turbine. It will be as bombproof as the CP but is meant to flow air. The Turbine takes a SAS-TEC protector.

Also regarding a liner for the jacket, we are still waiting to hear, but the CP liner will not zip in. There are no internal zips on the Turbine. More to come on that.

ALSO I will be posting a full high-def Turbine Reshoot today... interested in hearing your thoughts.

Thanks,

Anthony

8. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    ----------> This was a private message and our response. It's a question that makes a lot of sense for everyone....

Hi Dennis.

Both great choices.

The Sand Pants will do it all, but will be very warm in anything 75/80+ unless you are at speed. They do have some vents.

The Turbines Pants however, unlike the Turbine Jacket, do come with a water proof windproof liner. You can always add a thermal base layer under them with the wind-water liner in for chilly mornings / evenings.

In the heat with the liner the Turbine Mesh pants will be far superior in both protection (they have superfabric) and ventilation to the Sand. The Turbines are built to BREATH.

If you guys do primarily warm / hot weather riding go turbine - you can always add the liner / an extra layer to cut the airflow and increase the warmth.

This is a good question, I am going to add it to our thread with my answer if you don't mind!

Best,

Anthony

9. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    I get asked all the time of the difference between the handful of Hybrid / ADV Riding Styled Helmets that we carry at RevZilla. Enough so, that I thought it prudent to line up our most popular options in front of the camera and give a detailed run-down of RevZilla's Dual Sport Helmets.

For details, please see this video in HD from RevZillaTV.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wCR5ceQLwSE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wCR5ceQLwSE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

The Video features the 5 following helmets:

AFX FX-37 Helmet: $103
    Joe Rocket Hybrid DS Helmet: $145
    Icon Variant Helmet: $350
    Shoei Hornet DS Helmet: $437
    Arai XD-3 Helmet: $512

Any questions on any of these are more than welcome. I have ridden in both the Shoei and Arai. I own a Motard Black XD-3.

Best,

Anthony
  10. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    We were asked recently to break down the REV'IT! Armor across the full line and explain the differences for the 6000th time - ding ding - time for a video.

If you were ever wondering the difference between the levels of protection that REV'IT! uses and the "why" behind them in different applications, this is the video to watch.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hkQPuEj9kNk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hkQPuEj9kNk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

As always, any and all feedback is very welcomed.

Anthony
  11. KEN PHENIX

KEN PHENIX "CERTIFIABLE"

Oddometer:
    The DIRT gloves are WAAAY comfortable - IMHO the prefect balance between protection, comfort and ventilation. Exactly what I was looking for in a summer glove. It's no wonder they're in short supply. THANKS!
  12. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    I agree Ken, IMO the REV'IT! Dirt Gloves have gotten far less credit and attention than they probably should have to date.

Anthony

13. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Just in case you wondered what we were doing Tuesday night at 6:30pm at RevZilla HQ. Here is our latest "commercial".

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eg8jxrrCcuE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eg8jxrrCcuE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Enjoy.

Anthony
  14. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    Can you get replacement parts for the Arai XD3?

I knocked one of the vents off the top. (Damn low tree branch :lol2 )
  15. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Yo Toad!

Sorry for the lag - was riding in NC and just got back.

Did you get help on this? TeamZilla can take care of it. Give us a shout - it's def an over the phone fix as we do not list all the replacement parts online.

877 792 9455.

Best,

Anthony Bucci

16. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    Awesome! I will give you guys a ring tomorrow.
  17. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    You got it toad!

18. Guy Jinbaiquerre

Guy Jinbaiquerre Monorail Conductor

Oddometer:
    I just got a Turbine jacket here in Japan and it came with the liner. :clap

But it jacks up the price something awful. :cry

Basically, the jacket in Japan with the liner is about 75% more expensive than the US price without the liner. Part of the price hike is because of the weak dollar vs. the strong yen, and part of it is people in Japan get screwed on non-Japanese products all the time. But part of it is also the liner.

Next time I'm ordering from you guys. Do you ship to Japan?
  19. jj5

jj5 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought a revit sand jacket and pants :clap

Only i think i need to go back to get a size smaller pants.

im about 6"0 and 77KG i got the jacket in M which has a nice snug fit with and without the liner. But i took a XL pant. I was in a hurry and tried the L and XL with all the liners in and thought in the shop that the L was to small around the waist but i was wearing pants with a belt and had all kinds of stuff in my pockets.

Now back at home trying the XL without the liner on and i noticed that i have to tighten the adjuster up to max and that the knee armor is just a bit to low. This especially shows when i wear my sidi crossfires with the pants cos then the knee armor standsup in a ridiculous way on the edge of the sidi's :huh. Should i go back and get a L?
  20. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    Made the call this morning... once again TeamZilla has exceeded my expectations!!! Thanks again!