Ducati MultiStrada 1200

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Paulvt1, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Sideout

Sideout Noob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Andy. I am sure you have heard this before already. But I will say it again nevertheless. The wealth and the usefullness of MTS1200 resources on your website rock. I am sure I speak for most if not all of the MTS1200 owners here when I say that we are grateful to you for having all that in one goto place on the web.

Just please make sure your website backups are frequent and your webhosting is reliable. That's all we ask :D

Happy Holidays!

2. MitchG

MitchG Iron Collector

Oddometer:
    How do the heated grips on the MS work compared to those on the BMW F650/800GS? I use the Beemer for comparison because I had one and loved the heat output of those factory grips. I do a lot of very cold riding so this is a very important issue for me.
  3. MitchG

MitchG Iron Collector

Oddometer:
    Has anyone mounted TKC80s yet and if so what sizes did you use?
  4. spartanman

spartanman regret minimizer

Oddometer:
    The MTS grips get noticably hotter than the ones on my previous bike, a 2009 BMW 1200 RT. They also have three rather than two settings. Nice setup. That said, the wind protection afforded by the MTS hand guards helps but probably won't prevent your hand tops and thumbs from getting cold. I rode for about an hour in 39 deg F weather with lighter Tourmaster gloves and my hands were frosty. You'll still need winter gloves, or heated.
  5. MitchG

MitchG Iron Collector

Oddometer:
    Thanks! Thats what I was hoping to hear. Like I said, I run in very cold conditions but with good heated grips, summer gloves and Hippo Hands(to break the wind and hold the heat in), all is good. The reason I asked is I need to do a retrofit as this current bike does not have heated grips. Thanks again.
  6. Hap Hazard

Hap Hazard Adv Want a B

Oddometer:
    Anyone know how the Ducati option GPS made by Garmin compares to standard Garmin models, Zumo 550, 660,etc.

It looks like an attractive unit.

What other GPS units and mounts are being used?

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all.
  7. Dr. Greg

Dr. Greg Tryin' to get home.. Supporter

Oddometer:
    A few people have (not moi yet). The rear is the new 180/55-17 (size recently introduced), front 120/70-17.

--Doc
  8. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    It is a Garmin Nuvi 510 which is the European model. Comes preloaded with European maps. If the unit you are purchasing has been intended for sale in The United States is should have a North America NT SD card included. The card may be somewhat outdated and if you need the most current mapping will require a new card at additional expense.
  9. bingbong

bingbong Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've got the Ducati unit. It's a garmin nuvi 220.which has blue tooth connection for guidance. Otherwise it's exactly the same as my nuvi 550. I like it, works great.
  10. MitchG

MitchG Iron Collector

Oddometer:
    Thanks! Just wanted to verify the front was a 120/70.
  11. Hap Hazard

Hap Hazard Adv Want a B

Oddometer:
    So I went to the Ducati dealer and said " it wasn't under my tree, do you have my Multi?" I hadn't preordered or anything but he began telling me that he had notification of shipment from Italy but had no idea where the bikes were or when they would arrive. As I'm leaving an 18 wheeler pulls up. Wait, he says he may have them. Two crates were unloaded, both Multis. Both silver. After careful consideration I chose the silver one.

[​IMG]
  12. tonymorr

tonymorr Malta,NY(Saratoga Spring)

Oddometer:
    :clap More pictures please :-)
  13. Pampero

Pampero Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Congratulations, and happy new year, which it will be!
  14. tomotosoup

tomotosoup looney4bikes

Oddometer:
    Very Nice!

It's a special bike, as you will soon find out, enjoy!
  15. Hap Hazard

Hap Hazard Adv Want a B

Oddometer:
    Sorry about the poor quality picture. I'll post better today. By the time the dealer assembled and explained all the controls and features ( no small feat) and I rode the 60 miles home it was getting late and the shadows were long. Technically it is not silver, it is Matt Chrome. The color matches the bottom skid plate and exhaust perfectly. Originally I wanted red but actually like this better. Of course that opinion was shaped by the fact that Matt Silver was the only choice if I wanted the first 2013 Touring S in San Antonio area.

The ride home was in the low 40s without heated gear. I know most of you would kill for a sunny day in the 40s, but for this south Texas boy it was cold. I'll hook up the gear today and give a ride report.

Indeed it will be a happy new year?
  16. Lion BR

Lion BR I'd rather be riding

Oddometer:
    :thumb
    Looking forward to your take on it!
  17. kma_jg

kma_jg Why so serious?

Oddometer:
    Congrats mate. Beautiful machine.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
  18. Moronic

Moronic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Me too. :lurk

The paintwork is growing on me.
  19. tonymorr

tonymorr Malta,NY(Saratoga Spring)

Oddometer:
    I hope you were out riding sun up till sun down? Report?
  20. Hap Hazard

Hap Hazard Adv Want a B

Oddometer:
    Cloudy, misty and cold all day. Finally couldn't stand it and donned heated gear and rode. Only about 30 miles but formed some opinions. Should be able to get about 200 miles tomorrow to solidify thoughts enough to report. Hint, this bike is not for sale!