Beemer Buddies handgrip covers group buy for BMW bikes (from Cure for Skinny Grips)

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by adkjack, Oct 14, 2011.

1. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
    No ride report for now on ADV but our BLOG is update as well as FB pages. Here is our SPOT LINK HERE and we got your new grips on. Even though they seem to be the same thickness as your original grips these feel more comfortable for our hands and we rode over 700 KM on day one and no hand fatigue. We will review your grips later on but for now...

:thumb Have a look at the blog Dave!:wink:
  2. Kurt

Kurt Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3 It was meant as a joke! :lol3

I am a former teacher and I use to give out Smarties to kids that got the right answer. I use to give out Dum-Dums for other types of answers until my principal told me it was not politically correct and to stop. :lol3

Anyway, the grips are great and I have already recommended them to several other folks!

:thumbup
  3. DrydenRider

DrydenRider Sun Seeker

Oddometer:
    it has been my experience that it is customs delays and not postal. I have ordered from Aerostitch which is 4 hrs away and it takes 12 days to get here but it sits 8 days in customs
  4. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I suspected as much!
  5. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I knew that. Tough to be politically correct, Takes a politician for that.
  6. soph9

Oddometer:
    Forgot to chime in after our trip about the grips you sent us Dave. So, they worked out well...they do soak up some water but if you have waterproof gloves no issues. They are still sticking after being poured on and do "break" in a bit by your thumb area...meaning they get thinner but not wearing out. I really love this idea and sure beats getting new grips in general. WE both could feel the heat of our grips up the cool wet coast of Oregon and Washington.

We would love to see you even make a thinner skin like cover...for when we wear our winter gloves. So, for the $$ we highly recommend this product. I will try to do a proper review with pics for here and our blog soon. WE have two cool trips lined up...going to Dawson Creek, BC for a quick long weekend and then we are doing the BC Adventure Trail ride beginning of Sept. That ride should be great, 75% off road. Might have more to say after these trips. Thanks Dave once again!
  7. Travman

Travman Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've been a long time user of the Grip Puppies. My current pair is nearly 2 yrs old and am looking to replace them. Anyone here have an opinion on making the switch to the Buddies and have use the puppies as well. Mostly concerned about feeling the seam. Opinions welcome!
  8. mwood7800

mwood7800 Banned

Oddometer:
    I have both on 2 bikes, the foam slip on I like better, the grip puppys are fuggly and I hate the seam
  9. soph9

Oddometer:
    but so easy to install
  10. oz97tj

oz97tj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I tried the Beemer Buddies, but I didn't like them. I will say it had nothing to do with the product, or the vendor as both were top notch, but my hands just didn't like them. For whatever reason, my hands actually would get more sore with the Beemer Buddies on. Go figure.
  11. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I appreciate the nice things said about my customer service and my products, and it would be unrealistic for me to expect that everyone will prefer my product, regardless of how good it is and how attentive my customer service is. That being said, the great thing about this forum is that people of all different opinion bases can definitely disagree and still live in harmony.

Thanks for all the great feedback and for the wonderful customers who have been so loyal to me and my products.

Best,

Dave R.
  12. oz97tj

oz97tj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't deter anyone from buying these even though my hands didn't like them. I could see a market for these and a few people that rode my bike liked them. For whatever reason though I guess my hands like the smaller grips, which is even weirder considering I have larger hands. Maybe has something to do with growing up on motorcycles with "standard" size grips so that's what my hand was used to? I should also mention I didn't buy these because my hands were getting sore in the first place. I only tried them to try something different.
  13. bigdog1807

bigdog1807 Miles Craven

Oddometer:
    Beemer Buddies are the only way to go if you consistently ride in varying conditions and have heated grips. Example: late Feb ride on my GS, hi temp near 80 around noon and by 4pm temps were low 40s and I had 200 miles to get home. You do feel the heated grips through them but it's so nice to be able to peel them off in seconds and really warm your hands. I like Grip Puppies for their thicker padding but they never come off the dirt bike. The seam, if positioned correctly, is a non issue if you wear gloves.
  14. cornfield destroyer

cornfield destroyer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :clapThese should be the first "Functional Farkle" for every new BMW! Great product and quick delivery. Makes things really comfortable for these tired old hands, and they work great with the heated grips.
    David Reese
    R1200GSA Adventure
  15. LE Trainer

LE Trainer Bad Buddhist

Oddometer:
    Installed mine today. R1200RT. Very comfortable and an easy install. I'll be ordering a set for my Dakar next!
  16. Thaistick

Thaistick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll give them a whirl. Let me know when you can ship & payment info.

Cheers, TS
  17. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just simply go to my website and follow the intuitive directions under the ordering button HERE

Best,

Dave R.
  18. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    LE Trainer-

Thank you for your business. I've used them on my RT's for years.

Best,

Dave R.
  19. Tmaximusv

Tmaximusv Separated at birth

Oddometer:
    Just got mine in the mail and installed inside of 5 minutes!

They feel good and fit right. A whole lot better than having to purchase new grips to replace the throttle side that slit open when the bike tipped in a trailer :huh. Gaffers tape to secure the slit, grip buddies to secure the rest and give my gorilla mitts something to hold onto.
  20. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Tmaximusv-

Good on ya mate! Glad they are helping.

Best,.

Dave R.