Hayabusa owners sign in thread

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Jellyrug, Jul 14, 2010.

1. NuckaMan

NuckaMan Space Available

Oddometer:
    Sorry, no pic but a long time owner of a 2005.

Over 20K on mine, dead-nuts reliable. All I do is feed it gas, change the oil, give it a new pair of shoes every once in awhile and keeps on going and going.

1st quarter of it's life, I ran it like I rented it. By-passed the take-it-easy breakin period. Turn it on, got her warm and rung-it. Never missed a beat and keeps on running like new.
    I take it easy on it now. It's a keeper for me. Commuter and sport-tourer is her life now.
    Some hate the looks but I think it's a sexy beast.

And yeah, it's stoopid fast.

Probably one of the finest motorcycles I have ever owned.
  2. Tropical Bird

Tropical Bird From the front line

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  3. Jellyrug

Jellyrug Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow, that is a nice pic.
  4. apriliacati

apriliacati Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here's mine

[​IMG]
  5. apriliacati

apriliacati Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    And another

[​IMG]
  6. Qwik

Qwik Adrenaline Addict Supporter

Oddometer:
    A little Dyno Time. Robbie Goldfarb on the Busa, He owns Sporttech Cycles in San Jose. Excellent Mechanic.
    [​IMG]
    160 horse with a buttah smooth torque curve and 105 ftlbs.
  7. Tropical Bird

Tropical Bird From the front line

Oddometer:
    Braided lines and EBC sintered pads fitted today.

Excellent.
  8. bringenufgun

bringenufgun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    been looking for a busa for a while, was trying to stay around $4k. one popped up on champaign/urbana cl for $4k ten days or so ago. talked to the seller, who was a graduate student at u of i, moving out of his apartment to relocate with his parents in korea for a year. tried to get up there last week but an ice storm and frigid cold here prevented that and i figured someone locally had bought it.
    he calls me wed. night and asks if i'm still interested and i told him i'd try to get up there when road conditions improved hopefully in the next couple of days. he tells me he's leaving the country on sunday and the bike has to be gone by saturday.
    last friday was our 33rd wedding anniversary, so me and the wife spent the day together. around four o'clock i called the busa owner, and yes he still had it. tells me he'd take $3500 for it. i offered him $3k. we settled on $3200 if i picked it up that night.
    so we left at 6 pm, drove 210 miles, got to urbana at 9:30, fifteen degrees out. dug the busa out of its parking space (they got six inches of snow there, and the plow put a foot tall drift behind it). fired it up, obviously couldn't ride it though i tried, and loaded it into the back of my tundra with the seller and wifey's help. got home @ 2am and unloaded my new busa the next day.
    only thing wrong with it (besides being lowered which i'll rectify) is a couple of scuffs on both mid fairings. i asked the kid if he had dropped it and he told me drunks had kicked it over twice in the middle of the night on the parking lot in his apartment complex. vertical scratch marks, not horizontial so i think i believe it.
    sorry about the long story, here it is cleaned up a bit.

[​IMG]
  9. straightrod

straightrod Long timer

Oddometer:
    That is a good score - congratulations.
  10. Jellyrug

Oddometer:
    That was a steal!!! Enjoy the bike.
  11. bringenufgun

Oddometer:
    rode it up to my friends shop today and dropped it off. gonna have him raise the bike back up, do a couple of other little things to it. really all the bike needs. still on original tires, will change that this spring.
    there, thats better.
    [​IMG]
  12. u wish u could ride

u wish u could ride SHELTON CONNECTICUT.

Oddometer:
    SCORE!!!!!:drif:drifthats the best price on a busa ive ever seen !!!!you can run the tires off that thing and still get more than you paid:bow:bow
  13. Carlo Muro

Carlo Muro Herr Schadenfreude the Good Knievel

Oddometer:
    I like these bikes and I've almost pulled the trigger on one twice. I like the feel from the saddle, the ergonomics, the balance, the MOTOR, I just can't...for whatever reason....get past the looks of the front end :puke1 FWIW I've got the same problem with the ZX-14
  14. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    Whatta steal, congrats and keep the rubber side down! :clap
  15. bringenufgun

Oddometer:
    thanks. just at the right place at the right time. just need to get the couple mid fairing scrapes painted and a new set of skins. should be good to go.
    thought my 1216 bandit, 1229 gs1150, zx-11 and gsxr1100 were strong, all around 145-150 hp. got to pin the busa a couple of times during the short 15 minute rides i took in twenty degree weather. the hayabusa would definitely put them all on the trailer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    dixiethedog likes this.
  16. Jellyrug

Oddometer:
    Merry Chrismas, Busa people!!!!:D:evil:D
  17. Lost Soul

Lost Soul Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Winter upgrades. We just got the header back from NitroPlate. Installing the shorter oil pan from Willis Racing. One of our riders wheelie'd it an cracked the factory pan. My brother painted the pan to match the bike. He's going to polish the bottom. He's using ARP polished stainless steel header bolts and a MPS Racing Cometic oil pan gasket.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. bringenufgun

Oddometer:
    just to keep the thread going. removed the goofy header wrap tape from the mid pipes. got to take it on a 50 mile round trip on thursday. one word "WOW!"
    [​IMG]
  19. optimum_malarky

optimum_malarky Premium nonsense

Oddometer:
    I don't own a Busa, but I am taking a new interest in them. I'd like to see more pictures of the "Limited Edition" models with the different paint schemes. So far, I like the 2006 white and silver variation. What do you have??:evil
  20. kml666

kml666 n00b

Oddometer:
    Wow, lots of info here... Came here looking for info on a Zumo 550 and have been reading unrelated stuff for a while now.

:D

cheers
    ken

Attached Files: