Bicycle thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Zodiac, Jul 10, 2006.

1. rbrsddn

rbrsddn 3banger

Oddometer:
    I'm using the XS Carbon with the steel axle. Cant justify the Titanium, at almost 300 bucks.
  2. Gummee!

Gummee! That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer:
    ATACs when yer racing cross = not as bueno as JRA. Kinda 'spongy' to get out of. Harder when yer brain-hazed from trying to catch that SOB in front of you and you hafta get off and effing RUN?!

On another note:
    :ricky this AM except some asshole decided I needed to do CP Jumps. CP Jumps = as hard as you can go for 10sec with 50sec off before you do 4 more of the same. :bluduh Repeat after 10min Effing OUCH!

Sisters of Mercy on Jango. :thumb

Yogurt eaten and hunger pangs gone :thumb

Warm out :thumb

Beer in the shop fridge for later :thumb

Life's not bad

M
  3. fullmonte

fullmonte Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer:
    This morning started off with a wonderful birthday mountain bike ride. Turning 39= free. Beating the previous personal best time by 10 minutes= copious sweat. Crashing while trying to unclip due to a cleat screw malfunction in the parking lot when its over= priceless.:muutt
  4. elchulopadre

elchulopadre Hairodynamic

Oddometer:
    It's HERE!
    :wings
    :rayof
    :happay
    :rilla

:tb :tb :tb :tb
  5. TheYeti

TheYeti Hard to be Humble

Oddometer:

Film at 11?
  6. TheYeti

TheYeti Hard to be Humble

Oddometer:
    It only counts if you Puke up half a lung.
  7. jake28

jake28 Riding to the horizon.

Oddometer:
    First ride of the Spring. Vermont had a freak heat wave today, temps got up to 55. I busted out the cross bike and had a nice 12 mile jaunt. Yay, spring is coming.
  8. mgorman

mgorman Crashing since 1964

Oddometer:
    Been racing bicycles for over 30 years, dirt bikes almost that long, been on here for almost 5 years and NOW, I find this thread!

Any of you race, on or off-road?

Been off my bikes for 8 weeks recovering from a lumbar fusion. My buddies busted my balls for 53 miles today and want to do it again tomorrow. Better go eat my Wheaties!!!
  9. elchulopadre

elchulopadre Hairodynamic

Oddometer:
    I picked up my new tri bike yesterday afternoon. Didn't get to ride it 'til this morning - and I've gotta say I'm thoroughly impressed. The fit ain't exactly right, but I think it's just a matter of tilting the saddle a bit, maybe bringing it down and pushing the extensions a bit forward. I basically took my fit coordinates from my old bike and transferred them across, but there's always a bit of tweaking involved.

But it's a purdy, purdy bike (and I can take credit for the color scheme at least!). Very comfortable ride, but a lot more responsive than the Equinox. The SRAM shifters are way smoother than my old Shimanos, and the compact crank is freakin' awesome. Could not be any happier with the bike!

:happay

Pics at 11.
  10. bikeboy1

bikeboy1 2010 690 Enduro

Oddometer:
    Thats the pedal that I am using as well. I bought mine slightly used and then had one of the the pedal clips (wire which holds cleat to pedal) break and sent them back through one of the dealers to be replaced. Time says this is a rare thing so they just replaced them. Got lucky on that one.
    Yes they are kind of mushy to get out of but I dont have a problem with that.
  11. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I do believe I've found my next purchase. Now all I need is the money. :cry This is the basic idea but components will differ. 953 stainless. Think I'll do it unpainted.

[​IMG]
  12. mgorman

Oddometer:

I had a full blown Time Trialer (Abici Time Machine) and I couldn't go any faster on it than my track bike plus it was uncomfortable so I ditched it and no do all my time trials on my track bike using a 49/15 or 49/16 gear. I've been in the 26-27 mph average speed range the last few years and would like to get to 28mph some day.

[​IMG]

I have one of the 1st models of the Cannondale 6/13 and I love the ride and feel of that bike.
  13. k7

k7 “Retired x OCD”

Oddometer:
    See the "splinter" shown towards the end....

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rltqF-HT9iU?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rltqF-HT9iU?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>
  14. EvilGenius

EvilGenius 1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer:
    :eek1
  15. mgorman

Oddometer:
    That's what happens when your mechanic skimps on the tire glue!!
  16. Gummee!

Gummee! That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer:
    I'm not so sure about that. I didn't see any tire being flung around. Looks kinda like he mebbe got bumped up high? His wheel was turned left and he was started down.

...but yeah... track crashes tend to be spectacular.

M
  17. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto Long timer

Oddometer:
    It is hard to tell what caused it but the guy in orange caused the crash and his tire was off of the rim in the end.

Edit: I watched it a couple times and you can see the tire coming off the rim causing him to go down.
  18. mgorman

Oddometer:
    33 seconds on the video shows 1/2 the tire unglued, 38 seconds shows the what looks like the tire rolling off the rim and washing the front tire.

The speeds and g-forces generated on those tracks by the pros really tax the glue. The nice thing about tubulars, once flatted, if glued properly, won't come off the rime lake a clincher. I check my race wheels before every race and try to refresh the glue every spring.
  19. mgorman

Oddometer:
    Trailer Rails, You ever ride the Washington Blvd bike oval? I did one of the Friday night track events there and 3 or 4 TT's.

There's also a group of guys down your way with their own DS club
  20. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yea, I have ridden it a few times. It is a nice place to shut the brain off and do a bunch of laps. It is about mile from my house. it does get boring quick though. I quit racing before they put it in, they used to hold the crit races at the zoo around the corner. It was a lot more exciting, turns 3 and 4 were 90 deg turns, so in the last few laps it would get pretty exciting. It allowed the good bike handlers a bit of an advantage before the last straight.