Husaberg 70 Degree Owners Thread!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by KayaKTM, Nov 22, 2010.

1. ffr2370

ffr2370 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    After almost 100 hours I have not had any of these issues, no boiling, injector or filters clogs. I have seen that if after running if I shut off using the red rocker switch near the throttle AND not turn off the power at the key switch, then let it sit like this for 10 or 15 minutes that it will not restart unless I cycle the main power at the key switch. While this is happening I have noticed a few flashes from the EFI light.
  2. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer

Oddometer:

Exactly what I needed ! :clap

Thanks for your help.
  3. HighFive

HighFive Never Tap-Out

Oddometer:
    Uhmmmm Cyborg, nice work on the anti-vibe thingy-ma-jiggers. But......

I ain't got no vibes on my 390 at all. At least none to squabble over. Vibes are nearly non-existent on this bike.

Why did you need to anti-vibe your bars? Are you just that bored?

HF :ear
  4. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    Same here HF, no vibes to consider on my 390, though the 450 and 570 do have slightly more.
  5. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    HF, smooth road/trail cruising vibes are very low on the FE 390, like you said almost non-existent like a lot of 400's and that's really nice.

I added dampening for all the sharp-edged rocks gardens I get to 'experience' riding in WA. Long stretches of baby-heads and lots of rock step-ups, rocky trails, and zillions of log/root crossings and the 'ol wrists start complaining a bit (both my wrists have been broken in the past, one twice). The Flexx bars really helped on a long day of riding on my RXV550, but I wanted to try a different system this time on the Berg. I'll report back when I've tried this system on hard riding.

I have my suspension on "Comfort" settings when I do the rocky stuff and no complaints about the suspension in general. The bar dampener should cut the "zing" of sharp edge hits, as was mentioned earlier. I hope so.
  6. HighFive

HighFive Never Tap-Out

Oddometer:
    :lurk

HF :thumbup

p.s. All the ladies are paying Sweet Thang a visit this week.
  7. YamahaTN

YamahaTN Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ok........I'm getting confused here (I know......it didn't take much) because I am reading that some folks are getting the MT43 on their FE570S using a slightly longer chain and some folks are saying it cannot be done. I'm used the using the MT43 on my WR250R and would like to use it on my FE570S. Can anyone post up some definitive chain/sprocket information whereby they were able to use the MT43 without rubbing holes in "not nice" places? Were you able to properly tension the chain or did you run out of slot in the swing arm?
  8. Lost Roadie

Lost Roadie High-Tech Meets Low Class Supporter

Oddometer:
    Lake Isabella, CA USA / Mai Chau, Vietnam
    HF, I did take that ball out a little while back, but I do have one of this gold vent thingies on my vent hose.... maybe it needs to go too. There was a lot of pressure in my tank when my boiling/no start happened. It took a while for me to let the pressure out of the tank, not letting fuel spit out.

I was at 9,000 feet, and I don't have any additional tanks yet.

I'll lose that vent cap thingy and see how it goes.... heading back up soon.

Thanks for the info and thinking of me, sounds like you had a great solo ride and got a little LOST. :beer

Also I've had the same experience with it not starting when I either kill the motor with the handlebar switch and let it sit while I do my thing (mostly photos) or by my lack of good clutch control and let it sit. Starts up after cycling the ignition, sometimes though it takes a few turns or more. Only once has it taken 15 minutes to start back up after the gas-boil.

A new MT 43 rear tire mounted, we'll see what all the praise is about real soon... but my chain is not the original and I don't recall the number of links Neither is my gearing stock so I'm not sure I can shed light on you're answer YamahaTN.... Most of you wouldn't want to run the gearing I am. Currently 14/45, played with 13/48, 13/45 and 14/48. I figured I can get the most comfortable RPM's and MPG for traveling with this and go to 13/45 for the trails in a few minutes. ( no truck for me = more compromises for my bike) It was at towards the end of the adjusting on the swing arm with 14/48, but I took a link out since I went back 45 on the rear, now I'm pretty close to the swing arm, but it doesn't seem closer than when I mounted my last new tire and before I added a link to facilitate a larger rear sprocket.
    If this tire expands much at highway speeds I might need to add that link back and move it back.

I'll post up some photos soon.
  9. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
  10. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    Can somebody measure and see if the FE570 swingarm is a little longer than the FE390? Maybe in the specs hmmm... Since the MT43 seems to fit on the 570's but not the 390's.

Those Maxxis look pretty good. May try those next.
  11. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    You would think they would be the same.

There was room with the MT 43 but not for mud, picked up rocks or crap in the tyres or possible shape change of the tyre. I didn't try a longer chain though, just what was standard on the bike.

There is heaps of room with the Dualmaxx fitted.
  12. LukasM

LukasM Long timer

Oddometer:
    On a RTW ride - currently touring the U.S.
    Finn,

The guys and I all used the CV4 blankets, and we had no problems with them at all. They seemed to work great, even idling the bike at higher RPMs (to create enough electricity for winch and fan) with no air flow through the rads for longer periods it did not overheat or boil the fuel once.

Clif,

390/450/570 all use the same swingarm, in fact it's the same basic casting as all non-linkage 125-530 KTMs have been using since 2008 (only the inner width gets machined differently, the XC4 engines are wider than 2 strokes etc). One of my other bikes has a Berg 570 swingarm in an 08 505 XC-F frame with a 06 450 RFS engine and it bolted right in and is the right length, with the right rear shock pickup point... gotta love the KTM parts bin system!

I don't think there is anything special about the MT43 in the 390/450/570 application that would prevent it from fitting properly as long as you go with the right chain length and sprocket combination.
  13. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    Lukas, did you have your header pipes ceramic coated?
  14. LukasM

LukasM Long timer

Oddometer:
    On a RTW ride - currently touring the U.S.
    Nope, didn't get around to it. Walter's and my headers were stock, Barton wrapped his with DEI tape. I am sure it can only be an improvement but so far it has not been necessary.
  15. Lost Roadie

Oddometer:

Here you go:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for the reply Lukas, I thought it was you but was obviously mistaken. :D
  16. GalacticGS

GalacticGS Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Got the 570 out for a solo ride for a few hours this morning west of Las Vegas before the heat got too bad.

Here's a few pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Love my Berg!

:ricky
  17. Knobbiethrower

Knobbiethrower ADV in ADK

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the tips...

When you state "REMOVE THE SMOG GEAR" does that mean all of it, including the junk behind the left side rear side panel?
  18. Lost Roadie

Oddometer:
    Very nice photos Larry! :clap
  19. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    Probably worded that incorrectly. 'Wouldn't' instead of couldn't as the clearances were too close and it is always muddy and clay where I ride.
  20. Knobbiethrower

Knobbiethrower ADV in ADK

Oddometer:

Seek and you shall find...answers on pg 42......:deal:D