Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. MAN OF BLUES

MAN OF BLUES COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer:
    really? :huh:eek1:huh
    maybe they out to check the incoming answering service that stated "business IS closed today, if you know your parties extension, you may leave a messege....."
    at least that what I got when calling this a.m. @ 9
    Couldn't call, or even get out yesterday, even if I could get out I wouldn't have.

see ya tomorry.
    :ear

did you :deal the boss?
    or was he not there?
  2. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Haven't said squat.

PM me the number you called to ge the above message.
  3. MAN OF BLUES

MAN OF BLUES COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer:
    p/m sent
  4. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    Still no power for me.......street looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Probably no power until the end of the week if I'm lucky.....no damage to the house but lots of stuff to pick up in the yard.
    I think I lost a Nextel tower or two as well. Have to drive 15-20 miles for a signal that goes in/out. Currently getting my
    electronic fix at the Starbucks Parham/Brook road.
  5. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    What road(s) Mike??
  6. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just got power back. :clap:clap:clap

Thank you Dominion!! :thumb
  7. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    While I was at work my wife had a call into the New Kent volunteer fire dept office to ask about the smoke alarms that wouldn't go off after checking the house,etc. She couldn't reach me at work to ask. Anyway, she finally reached me and I told her to replace the batteries, as we were talking the Richmond Fire dept was at my house with an ambulance, fire engine, and a fire SUV. They checked out the house and it was the last smoke detector she hadn't changed yet. Richmond fireman said New Kent County was one of the hardest hit counties in the State and not to expect our power on anytime soon. Internet on an iphone sucks!
  8. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Update II: My daughter's move is on for Thursday evening. If any of you can help, please PM me and we'll go from there.

TIA
  9. MitchV

MitchV Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The irony of it all.... my parents drove up from the coast of NC to weather the storm in Chester last weekend. Now we have evacuated Chester and we're staying at their house in NC!

I didn't see any road that was hit worse than Happy Hill in Chester. There were at least three trees on power lines between Jeff Davis and Harrowgate (some down on Harrowgate too), and there were more trees on power lines down on Happy Hill between Harrowgate and Branders Bridge.

There was very little open on 460 until we got to Windsor - go figure. Parts of Suffolk had power as well. On Sunday there were no working stoplights in Petersburg... Monday morning it looked like they had restored power to the Petursburg Police Dept.

What a mess!!!
  10. Skippii

Skippii Did you eat my Zinger???

Oddometer:
    Power's still out for me by the intersection of 33 and 250. Sucks because I was supposed to cyber with this girl tonight at 1am. Anyone have internet and a computer I can use? It's not the kind of thing I can do on the public PC at work.
  11. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mitch, as you know, that is unfortunately 1/2 a mile from my house too. It's frustrating to walk the dog to the front of the neighborhood and see big screen tv's on through the windows. My son, who rides along with me in a backpack carrier, got all excited when he saw all of the lights on. Two miles at a brisk pace in a hilly neighborhood with a 50 pound back pack is a good workout!

The funny irony of this situation is that we had made reservations weeks ago to take the kids camping at Jellystone Park during the holiday weekend! If we go, we will live better than we are now with A/C, heat, fridge, TV, etc... (I know that many of you are thinking, "that's NOT camping!") lol!
  12. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    Thanks Skippii for that big fat softball toss. :rofl There are so many great responses to this that I can't begin to write them all. We ought to have a caption contest......

......sure I do, but I'm not going to want the keyboard back when you are done with it...........

next?
  13. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    those are shots from Hanover Road....they cleared the trees last nite so its looking up for weeks end. I did borrow a
    generator so atleast the the fridge is cold and I have some decent light..glad my house didn't end up like this:
    [​IMG]

Seems like all the big trees that were downed had shallow root systems.......
  14. MitchV

MitchV Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Richmond work locations per the DOM website: http://www.dom.com/storm-center/pdf/worklocations_richmond.pdf\

Eddy - no mention of Harrowgate or Happy Hill. :cry

[FONT=Calibri,Bold][FONT=Calibri,Bold][FONT=Calibri,Bold]Chester
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    Ecoff Ave
    West Hundred Rd
    [FONT=Calibri,Bold][FONT=Calibri,Bold][FONT=Calibri,Bold]Chesterfield

[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    Beach Rd
    North Bethia Rd
    Woodpecker Rd
    Winterpock Rd

Eddy - if you log into your DOM account online, under "Account Management" there is an Outage Information link. For my account, I have the following information:

There are numerous power outages throughout a widespread area due to a storm. Additional crews are coming in.

Your service is estimated to be restored between September 01, 2011 05:00 PM and September 01, 2011 11:00 PM *

*The estimated time of restoration is initially based on the historical restoration time in your area. This time may be adjusted on further analysis of the situation.

15. skychs

skychs chuck smith Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anyone local have a small motorcycle trailer I can borrow? I found a 1981 Honda CB900 Custom with only 10k miles. It weighs around 600 lbs. I owned one growing up and found a pretty good deal.
    chuck

Skippii ..... your on your own with that one.

Attached Files:

16. MADSTROM

MADSTROM Long timer

Oddometer:

You are welcome to use mine. Come and get it.
  17. tommyhof

tommyhof Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very nice. I had an '81 CB750

18. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    Chuck, You are welcome to use my truck if you simply replace the gas you use. I have a nice ramp, soft straps, tie downs and a Condor type front wheel stand as well. Where is it? Road trip?

P.S. I have a Members Only jacket and some parachute pants that you can use as well...:lol2

Chuck, here is a matching one locally for your wife: http://richmond.craigslist.org/mcd/2531325084.html

I'm just giving you grief my friend, congrats on the bike!
  19. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd gladly let you use mine, but I have to hook it up this evening to get ready to move my daughter tomorrow.

Nice looking bike, tho'.
  20. pplassm

pplassm Brace for collision! 40488

Oddometer:
    I am amazed. We got power last night at 2040. I thought it would take weeks.

I am leaving for New England tomorrow. I was going to ride VT 100 to Canada, but I guess that plan is out. :rofl