The Honda Trail 90 barn find success story

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by windburn, Mar 19, 2012.

1. windburn

windburn Long timer

Oddometer:
    I take it out in the mornings for a warmup run climbing to the highest point in our county, hardly a bump to most people. Shifting is smooth, throttle is smooth and responsive, a third and second gear climb on country tar.

[​IMG]
  2. Speedo66

Speedo66 Transient

Oddometer:
  3. HandKPhil

HandKPhil An American Portuguese Explorer

Oddometer:
  4. windburn

windburn Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking the Mars orange color is an unusual and desirable color in the CT 90's. That is very low miles. If you got this we could have a Midwest Ralley. LOL
    :clap
    If I thought my wife would ride I would buy another but she has other interests, like the 17 grandchildren.
  5. windburn

windburn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yesterday I made an order with the good DRATV and this weeks project will be to add a rear left hand brake to go along with the right foot brake. When I'm moving down hill slowly in the Rockies the left and right hand brakes will allow me to keep my feet free. I'm looking to make a trip west in June / July. My daughter lives at the North end of the Great Salt Lake.

Today I took a 20 mile ride on the Trail 90 and it ran very well.
  6. FAW3

FAW3 Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Nice to see another CT90 come back to use.

I got our '74 CT90 in the same Mars Orange about 6 months ago...a few parts from DRATV (fantastic parts service!) and a visit to DMV (tags) and were good to go. I took it up to a national park and hit the mild trails and the interior park roads - what a blast!

I scored a VersaHaul receiver type MC carrier off of Craigslist so it is easy to haul it where we want to play. See photos:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353699&page=14

Enjoy!
  7. windburn

windburn Long timer

Oddometer:
    I understand that spark aresters are required on public lands what is it and where do I get one? I'm assumeing I don't have one already.
  8. FAW3

FAW3 Wanderer

Oddometer:
    If you have the CT series OEM muffler with the tailpiece insert baffle...your good. You may also see markings/stampings indicating "Approved Spark Arrester" on the muffler body...which is what the nice folks with the funny hats with the badges want to see.
  9. Stretch67

Stretch67 Mad Scientist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Oh wow, this is inspiring.

When I was 17 (in 1984), I bought a 1971 Trail 90 from a friend for 70 bucks! :D

And I STILL HAVE IT!

It is quietly reposing in the shed, waiting on me to get off my arse and restore it. While I was in the Marines my Dad stored a sack of fertilizer on the rear rack and it rusted badly, so a few years ago I started collecting parts on eBay...

I found a nice rear rack, a front fender (I had installed an XR-80 high fender), a kick-starter (I had broken the original), quick-release handlebar clamps, a centerstand, and some other goodies.

I believe it's about time to get this [new] old project started. [​IMG]

This is going to be hilarious. I'm 6'6" (a full two meters) tall. Riding this tiny thing again... I'll look like a Spider-Monkey fucking a football.
    [​IMG]
    Laconic likes this.
  10. GNPskier

GNPskier Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just picked up these two. Red is a 70 and the orange is a 74. Both are running but Im gonna go through them this weekend and see what problems I can find. My hope is to have at least one in great shape for the wife to start riding for the first time and then make sure the other is ready for my 12 year old son.

Attached Files:

Laconic, joker-b and Shin1ichi2002 like this.
  11. MarylandStrom

MarylandStrom Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Interesting enough, the old models came stock with a spare tank on the side of the bike, though not very large.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Honda-...CT90-CT110-Trail-90-110-OEM-o21-/231915844870
    Tromper likes this.