Lyndon Poskitt Racing - A blue print for Dakar 2013 - and he did it!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Pyndon, Mar 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neduro

neduro Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here I am getting attacked in my new fleece:

[​IMG]

Again:

[​IMG]

Luckily, it works just like a shark suit for puppies, I escaped with my life!

Here, I'm learning about the balance enhancing properties of the T-shirt...

[​IMG]

So far, the benefits of LPR clothing are pretty excellent!
  2. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    Made the donation again. Can't wait to try on my new klim jacket also.
  3. Pyndon

Pyndon Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hiya folks, check it out, my new Jacket design for Dakar from Klim based on mucho experience and feedback from the world about their Adventure Suit and Badlands Pro (with a few Dakar tweaks!)

Full details here:

http://www.lyndonposkittracing.com/2012/10/07/klim-gear-for-dakar-2013/

[​IMG]

Cast off my foot on Thursday......hooooraa! Hope to get back on a bike soon.
  4. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good on you, Pyn.
    How's the leg healing? Are you still in cast?
  5. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Okay. Have to wait for payday later in the month but definitely, "in"!

Heal good, Lyndon.
  6. LukasM

LukasM Long timer

Oddometer:
    On a RTW ride - currently touring the U.S.
    Wow that new gear looks excellent! Good on you for getting to make your dream clothing and for Klim to get some valuable design input and feedback.
  7. Flanny

Flanny Flanny-it-up!

Oddometer:
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, the World, the Universe
    Fuckin'a!
  8. neduro

neduro Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks awesome!
  9. NordieBoy

NordieBoy Armature speller

Oddometer:
    How much lighter would it be without the zips?

:)
  10. pebble35

pebble35 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Can't you sneak an ADVrider logo in there someplace ?
  11. Pyndon

Oddometer:
    Thanks Balkan Boy. Cast off on Thursday :deal (I did put that info in my blog post linked above :evil :D)

Thanks Wildman, and thanks for getting "in".......could not do it without all the folk helping out.

Well, I'm not sure it'd be that much lighter but I'm sure it'd be a whole load hotter!

Helmet Owen, helmet or maybe I can squeeze on into the already complex bike design. Talking of which, will be shared shortly.
  12. woody's wheel works

woody's wheel works Built to Last Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    lordy Pyndon,,i can't believe it has taken me dang near 10 months to get wind of your latest endeavor...

it was fate that made me peruse the ''search new posts'' section on advrider the other night ,,took me a day n a half to peruse every last detail of your 'meticulous' reports:wink:

by the time i saw your well rounded approach to this endeavour i was already asking my self how we could be of help,,,AND when i got to the part about you choosing your main mechanic,,,AND ya chose your DAD:freaky,,i KNEW that i'd do anything i could to help you two cross the finish line in one piece...

hmmmmnnn support packages???fund raising//outright sponsoring,,,i even know someone who could build a wheel or two..

keep up the good work and pay heed to protecting that bone in your foot,,perhaps fashion an aluminum C shaped protector to spread any loads to the rest of foot,,,i've done up stuff like that for fellow racers in the past,,,hold in place with a lil medical tape...duct tape works in a pinch:deal
    i'll send a PM with a few ideas,,,
    pal you are definitely on a great track....i see a nice finish in the works for you,,and your support crew in USA Neduro and his gang,,spot on...

woody

PS>>>we'll do all we can to spread the word about your dream and urge supporters to help defray the almost certain $100,000 nut you are about incur playing at the level you have chosen,,,In acknowledgement of this great ADVrider community we at WWW would like to sponsor getting the ADV logo on al your bikes and equipment as well as each supporter getting an ADV decal in their support package handouts/freebies,,,, see if ya can make that happen,,then sign me on as a genuine sponsor and send me a bill:wink:
  13. Pyndon

Oddometer:
    Woody's Wheels! This could not have come at a better time. Woody and have have talked at length over the phone about requirements and he has agreed to sponsor my Dakar campaign - awesome! I'll be running some super slick looking super strong Woody's wheels. I want the most reliable wheels out there and to be honest, from what I've experienced so far, that'll be these.

Everyone needs to know about my 21" 18" superlaced wheels with Rad hubbs and A60 rims on my 950. Those things have done 60,000 miles now, through Baja, North America, North Africa, Europe and raced the UK Big Bike Rally series for two years etc etc. They are hammered to the point where there is no colour left on the sides of the rims but I've never had to adjust the spokes once, now that's a testimony to a good wheel IMO....and the A60 rims.....:deal

Woody and I go back to 2007 when he build my first set of wheels. We worked together on some issues he was experiencing with one of his suppliers at the time and got it all worked out and since then I've not had to go back cos I still have the same wheels (apart from the addition of an A60 front rim).....crazy, 60,000 miles later! Not a jot of corrosion either. So, my Dakar wheels should be good for re-sale after :deal

Woody, you've really stepped up to the plate with this one, sponsorship that I did not even have to ask for, believe me, that is not something that comes often.

Excited to receive them, get some miles on them and get some pictures of them.

Great to have this happen through ADV rider.....always amazes me how these things come about. Awesome!

The day I got my first Woody's wheels 29th October 2007......

[​IMG]

5 years and 60,000 miles later......

[​IMG]

And next up......the 450RR with some nice wheels, watch this space.......................................................
  14. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    Awesome! Woody is da man when it comes to wheels!

Just got a new-to-me KTM 450 and was going to be giving Woody a call soon anyways...:deal
  15. Pyndon

Oddometer:
    Oh my, I can feel a 'bike modification' post coming soon, I'm making quite a few changes to the bike while wizzing around the workshop on my chair! My bike modification posts usually go on for quite some time :deal

Latest blog post here, cast is off my leg but it's still a bit sketchy!

LINK TO LATEST BLOG POST
  16. header

header Chris

Oddometer:
    :lurk

Those are the best!
  17. TobyG

TobyG SlothRacing.eu - Travel and Racing Products

Oddometer:
    I'm following the thread for quite a while now and I got to say I'm impressed.

Not only by your efforts for both, preparing the Rally and keeping the ADVcommunity updated, but also by how many people go out of their ways to support you (free Nav gear, mental support, custom parts, $$$'s and what not else).

I'd love to support you as well, but currently the only way I can do that is by liking your Facebook page (as I just did) and spreading the word (money is a bit tight atm - maybe later...I dig that sweeeeeet Klim jacket).

However, I just wanted to thank you and everyone else involved for keeping the show going :thumb
  18. motomal

motomal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just received my support package, really pleased with the kit.

The quality of the products is awesome but the custom embroidered graphics really make it unique.

I recommend anyone to this kit and help Lyndon on his way too!

Keep up the good work Pyn
  19. Pyndon

Oddometer:
    My support web-page has been updated with images and now includes individual t-shirt sales due to popular request.

[​IMG][​IMG]

http://www.lyndonposkittracing.com/support-lyndon/support-packages/

Been busy shipping packages and designing graphics for the bike, working with sponsors and just progressing the campaign in the right direction.

Here's a little video too from my time at Klim earlier in the year......

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uePoCBJ1EMc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  20. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    I am eagerly awaiting an advance for a design job on Monday. As soon as I get it, I'm in. Expect a report & pictures!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.