Coast to Coast (and back?) with an Italian Supermodel

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by AntiHero, Jul 13, 2012.

1. musicman

musicman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Don't know if Vickie Smith was there, but she is a Ducati insider who pulls strings for American Ducati customers. Since USA is their biggest market, it would seem wise of Ducati to sponsor you on a similar trip around Europe even if the sponsorship was no more than a bike, air and hotels. :wink:

So many rich possibilities from a journalistic standpoint.. compare, cultures, riders, etc.
  2. BenZvan

BenZvan N7

Oddometer:
    Best placeholders ever.
  3. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    As soon as Spies sat down, I would've offered to autograph my placeholder helmet for him to keep. :deal
    :rofl:rofl:rofl
  4. lurw

lurw Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dennis, with everyone of your posts here I think now you reached climax, now it can't get any better, surely this has to stop sometime. But it just doesn't. You keep motivating and entertaining us with awesome little glimpses of your life. To think all this started with you getting your dream bike and heading off into the unknown and ended where you are right now is unbelievable. My hat is off to you! :clap

By the way, I did a little trip on my bike by myself through France and Italy myself the week after Easter, and felt many of the things you described. I surely could relate to some of the stuff! Will have to do a longer trip in the future.
  5. fritzcoinc

fritzcoinc Enjoying my last V8 Supporter

Oddometer:
    You have arrived!
  6. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    If my past history is any indication of what's to come right when things start getting good, the hairy hands of fate intervene. Perhaps that's one reason I just want to keep moving.

:rofl:rofl:rofl Classic. Next time!

"Europe with an Italian Supermodel" is all I can think about lately....I fell asleep last night examining google maps and planning out routes on my iPhone.

Thanks for saying so. Everyone's support and feedback has changed my life as well. The beginning and the end of the novel are 'finished' (meaning only 20-30 more proofreads/changes, etc.), which is a relief, because it has been the most difficult writing I've ever done. The middle is a mess at this point.

Ben was super cool! More on him in the next update....which I may not have time for until Sunday!!!

(Spoiler alert: I literally just packed my gopro in and charged up my camera batteries. R/R: San Francisco coming up soon!)
  7. manban9888

manban9888 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Europe on an Italian Supermodel....That's gonna be a one hell of a RR. I hope you can make it happen
  8. rico2072

rico2072 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    AH, I kind of see why you would feel out of place, but you got invited to be there because you accomplished something mighty on a bike that was not made for that. You are not a journalist for a magazine, or a factory test rider, but you have just proved to a lot of people that the Panigale is a durable, rideable bike. Plus they didn't have to spend a ton of money for it.
    You deserve to be out there! You don't get publicity like that for cheap! lol

So, how about telling us about Ben!
  9. r3mac

r3mac Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Absolutely - the idea that a fragile Italian superbike could accomplish the trip that you took is a huge event in itself. The kudos should be never ending.

I continue to come back to this thread and reread the report because of the positive vibe and energy you've weaved into words and pictures.

Cheers
  10. Tepi

Tepi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Be sure to hit up Finland. The scenery up north is breathtaking, plus its an easy route up to nordkapp.
  11. bills3t

bills3t Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I started reading Friday (4/12/13) just finished today. This is " EPIC " . I've never seen a RR when the writing and photo's are stunning . First off , I want to say thank you for sharing this . Second don't stop with the writing or photo's ( still amazed at the insight and the beauty ) . Third , hope all is well with the Italian supermodel .
  12. Scooterquest

Scooterquest Expert Rookie

Oddometer:
    Wow! Just catching up, and can't believe your good fortune. First, an all expense paid trip to Texas, and then dinner with a genuine Texan- Ducati sure knows how to say thanks!

Oh yeah, something about motorcycles in there too, I think...
  13. lmyamen

lmyamen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Man I forget to check in on this thread and more greatness happens since the last time I posted up. I am looking forward to more posts!!!

On another note it was your thread and words that actually helped me purchase my 2nd bike, You said and I quote..

"I briefly considered the advantages and disadvantages of particular makes and models of bikes, but when it comes down to it, comfort and convenience are overrated; masochistic machines cultivate will and test mental fortitude, so something built for mileage was totally out of the question. In the end it came down to only one choice: the 1199 Panigale S"

For me I was not in a place to be able to purchase a Panigale I was on a limited budget but I purchased something I wanted rather then something that was made for "built for mileage" like a 1200gs or Tenere. I did purchase a 03 Z1000 which I have put 1,200 miles on in the past few weeks and plan on doing some larger trips this summer on it...

Just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration to through practicality out the window and purchase what you want rather then what everyone tells you that you need to have.

[​IMG]

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:auto; mso-para-margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]-->
  14. MotoTex

MotoTex Miles of Smiles

Oddometer:
    Thanks!

For so eloquently relating just where your motivation came from to take the road less traveled and to do what some may consider to be beyond their limits. Isn't "limit" just another way of expressing the boundaries of one's "comfort zone?"

Even when you were sitting in stopped traffic, in a tunnel, moving at a snail's pace, still, the road less traveled was beneath your tires, though not necessarily to be found beneath the tires of those around you. This has so little to do with the road itself and was more only because of the rider making an adventure of life.

It is a pleasure to follow you on this journey pushing boundaries and discovering your adventure along the way.

Happy trails!
  15. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the suggestions, comments and positive encouragement guys! More Austin to come in just a few....
  16. GeorgiaBound

GeorgiaBound Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This has been my favorite RR on here so far. Keep up the good work Antihero you really are an inspiration to new riders such as me. I cant thank you enough for sharing what has been an extremely personal part of your life. Its folks like you that inspire people to push thier personal boundaries of whats possible. I honestly hope you can make the Euro trip happen you have given me so many hours of pure entertainment, tips, hints and tricks I cant thank you enough. You should come up with your own little sticker LOL.

Sticker slogan submissions:
    "Antihero doesnt know limits"
    "WWAHD"
    "Antihero says F@#$ it lets ride!"

Ok sorry just havin a little fun back to your RR
  17. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

So Ben sits down, Kevin Duke is next to me and Waheed is across. Banter begins and all we do is talk bikes, racing, traveling and more bikes. Mr. Spies was super cool. He was suffering from allergies and not feeling very well, but expended the last amount of energy he had talking to all of us. We talked a little about long rides (cycling, he's a rabid cyclist) and he entertained the table with some pretty f'in funny stories of him and Schwantz and bloody hotel rooms (literal, not figurative). And he talked about some of the downsides of being a professional motorcycle racer...like the fact that you spend months out of the year on planes and in airports. You definitely could tell that he was a little shy, not exactly comfortable with attention and very modest. Anyone who didn't know who he was would think he was just a normal guy from Texas.

Absolutely riveting to see someone with superhuman abilities who doesn't think everyone around him is a demi-human. The Ben Spies Method, in action. Great guy and I wish him much luck in 2013 and beyond.

Once dinner was over I figured all the journalists would head to strip clubs and bars, but everyone piled into the elevators and up to our rooms we went. What a bunch of professionals! Alarming and refreshing. These guys take their jobs seriously.

I walk into the lobby and see this:

[​IMG]

I get restless and need to roam. Yes, I know what's coming in the AM, but I can't sleep so I wander around Austin, which I've now spent more time in than any other city outside of places of residency. Lots of good memories.

[​IMG]

And a little sorrow, perhaps:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At night cities stop. SF stops. NY stops. Paris stops. So of course Austin does, too. Maybe not on Friday and Saturday, but on Mon, Tues, Wed, Sun, denizens and party-goers, coeds, bus drivers, business people and anyone else who feels the sting of responsibility, retreat. I wandered alone in the cold and saw a total of three people. Surreal, tantalizing. At night, in solitude, the world reveals so much more than it does in the presence of others.

The morning felt like Christmas in a shuttle filled with a bunch of 9 year olds heading to the North Pole.

If there was a Lexus "December to Remember" or a "De Beers" ad that aspired to answer the question, "how can I show how much I appreciate, love and appreciate (yes, I said it twice) my man, the love of my life?," this is what it would look like, minus the glare on the perspiration-coated bus window:

[​IMG]

Unfortunately there's less women in the world who ask that question than there are 1199 Rs in existence. The only way to not feel slighted for all your unrewarded good deeds is to buy one for yourself.

x
  18. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Perfect timing! I've designed a logo and just submitted an order for die cut stickers about 4 hours ago. :) Very cool design I think y'all will like.
  19. GeorgiaBound

GeorgiaBound Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Im in let me know when they are ready!!!!!
  20. fritzcoinc

fritzcoinc Enjoying my last V8 Supporter

Oddometer:

Of reflective material?