HARDCORE Inmates in wNC

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by valvecrusher, Dec 27, 2007.

1. springcreekrider

springcreekrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll be riding in the Spring Creek, & Hot Springs area tomorrow and Sunday.
  2. EATPharmD

EATPharmD Hiding out

Oddometer:
    Barry and Kevin,
    Post up where you're going to be riding so I can tag along if I am able.
    I have been up working on the KLR into the wee hours of the night.
  3. ETrider

ETrider Gawker

Oddometer:

Me too,on saturday. Whatcha be riding?
  4. Zrexrob

Zrexrob Back in the South...yep!

Oddometer:
    Im riding over to Uwharrie this morning or i'd join ya's up on WC.
  5. wickedthunder.com

wickedthunder.com Who's leading?!

Oddometer:
    I'd say so if you're posting this at 4:18am! Man, what were you doing to it...a complete rebuild?!:lol3 I haven't talked to anybody else as of yet so I'll be making a few calls to see who I can round up this morning.

I also have to get to the shop and finish up my handlebar installation before I can go anywhere. I mainly just need to adjust and tighten everything down...I hope. "I hope" being the key words there. Seems like every time I work on my own bikes there's always something that goes wrong and takes longer than expected.:baldy

Anyway, I got your # so I'll call or post more on here when I know what's going on...
  6. wickedthunder.com

Oddometer:
    EatPharmD...and anyone else,
    SalsaBoy is going to meet me at my shop around 10am and we're just gonna go whereever the rode calls. So anyone that wants to tag along feel free to join in...
  7. EATPharmD

EATPharmD Hiding out

Oddometer:
    Is 10am the handle bar completion time or actual departure time? haha
  8. wickedthunder.com

Oddometer:
    Yeah, knowing us it will be a little later than 10 when we actually leave. More like 10:15-10:30 range.
  9. EATPharmD

EATPharmD Hiding out

Oddometer:
    So, I am leaving in about 5 minutes, takes me about 40-45 mins to get to the shop. If you leave before I get there just give me a heads up by phone what direction to head and maybe I'll see you
  10. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    :ricky

Anybody still interested in a FR type D/S ride?

Just another heads up as it looks like it's gonna be a great day. Rain Sunday will have the FRs looking real good on Monday, which is forecast to be sunny and cool.

If you head out and miss a meeting spot....click the links below for our likely route......it should be easy to see fresh tracks if you're trying to chase us down. (to know wether to wait or run)

Meeting spots and route

9am Texaco in Fallston (hwy 18)

zig zag some back roads past South Mtn maybe visit an old fire tower and continue up past Lake James to Old NC 105 up the west side of the Linnville Gorge maybe explore a spur road if it's open. Then stop for lunch and give others a chance to meet up. LINK

12noon Famous Louises for lunch

then head down toward Wilson Creek (rte very flexible) maybe run FR192 and Maple Sally and whatever else is in between or that time allows. Then to the next meeting spot. part1 LINK part2 LINK(map doesn't show Maple Sally as through, but it is)

4:15pm at the gas station in Collettesville

route after that point TBD

All are welcome to join in or split away at any point you wish...maybe we'll see ya Monday.:wave
  11. SalsaBoy

SalsaBoy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Forest Service has completely graded Old 105 so its nice and smooth with lots of new loose gravel :clap (not).

The spur is also open. Spiked Gate is closed:evil

Maple Sally (watch out for trucks) *there's a story from our ride today. Keep an eye out*

12. X-factor

X-factor Motarhead

Oddometer:
    Ran across a license check upper Wilson Creek (Fork of Old Mortimor Road and Harper Creek Road... a few miles into the National Forest Area).

For you cronies that ride that area often, it that a common site? Just caught me as unusual. Not on the friendly side.
  13. driller

driller Twist and Go

Oddometer:
    See you at the Texaco at 9:00 Monday.:ricky
    Good place to meet.....I can be sure "Little Valdez" is topped off.:wink:
  14. driller

driller Twist and Go

Oddometer:
    Two of the Hendersonville crew got stopped last week near 276 as they were coming out of a FS rd. Park and Sheriff. They were so busy it took nearly 15 minutes to check them. Sounds like they were seeing some "regulars" driving around with their beer between their legs.:lol3
    There could be some enforcement push going on in the Parkway corridor.
  15. valvecrusher

valvecrusher tractus pro pensioâ„¢

Oddometer:

I saw a Forest Ranger... Tues...going down to the water of WC to check some water go'ers...
    he backtracked, and turned back to stop me..
    I didn't even try to stop..

he didn't look happy that he wouldn't get to stop me..
  16. wickedthunder.com

Oddometer:
    Great ride today guys! CanteenBoy, glad we bumped into you. Hope you can make the trek to Tellico with us next weekend. EatPharmD, also glad you came along and rode with us too.

Alright...so here's the infamous truck SalsaBoy was telling you to watch out for...
    [​IMG]
    The truck came around a blind corner and one of the ammo cases on the KLR barely nicked this guy's front bumper before SalsaBoy went down trying miss him and get back more on his side of the rode. You can also see the skid marks where he was sliding trying to miss the truck, and the little dark green mark on the corner of that guys bumper. All in all, very lucky it was no worse than it was. The guy was pretty cool about it, no police report or insurance info exchanged...just that guy's statement of "awe, that'll probably buff out" before leaving us to terrorize Maple Sally some more. Funny thing is, we've ridden that road a lot and hardly ever pass anybody, but today we passed 3 vehicles before even getting half way through. Guess the warm weather brings out all the Sunday drivers!:lol3

Shot of CanteenBoy on his new DR650 just after the incident...
    [​IMG]

and also one of EatPharmD...
    [​IMG]

one of Mike on his recently acquired 07 XR650R...
    [​IMG]

Didn't get many pictures after the truck incident until we rode over to the "spur road" previously mentioned where I snapped a few more...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey SalsaBoy...that looks about like last weekend's pic but I caught you all the way over today...:rofl
    [​IMG]

CanteenBoy, thought you got away with one didn't you...but I caught you too:D
    [​IMG]

Second attempt was better...
    [​IMG]

Well, that's about all I had from today guys. Hopefully we'll get some good shots next weekend up around Deal's Gap/Tellico. Until then...Happy Mother's Day...you Mutha's!:wink:
  17. vfrcauv

vfrcauv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We were checked today, early afternoon, by a Forest Ranger & Plain Clothes Officer on Edgemont Rd, close to the Parkway. They wanted to see our drivers license with motorcycle endorsement. No problems.

What time did SalsaBoy have the problem with the white pickup? Thought I saw a white Ford pickup truck around 12:00 on Maple Sally.
  18. CanteenBoy

CanteenBoy Slammin' the ol' Jammer

Oddometer:
    Great ride today guys! Let's keep in touch about tellico...
  19. wickedthunder.com

Oddometer:
    Info on the camera from my pic says about 10:45 when the "entanglement" happened.
  20. Gaston Gagne

Gaston Gagne Past Easy

Oddometer:
    Once the crowd hits Wilson Creek, you can expect to have a run in with the constabulary on weekends. This begins the first Saturday in April until the begining of deer season. In the Wilson gorge proper, any time is a good time. Ask Andy. They have click it or ticket weekends when the Caldwell County Sherriff, NC Highway Patrol, NC Wildllife, and the USFS Law Enforcement all get in on the act. Fun stuff. I once went through 3 license checks on the same day. The first was Adako Rd., then NC 90 between Mortimer and Edgemont, then the top of Pineola Road. You guys have a safe day, too.