Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. mgorman

mgorman Crashing since 1964

Oddometer:

Good to see you Saturday - My uncle keeps having rotten luck with his GM vehicles also. I've had 5 ford trucks, EXP, Explorer, Focus and a Fusion and not one real issue. The one truck was killed in a head-on just shy of 300k, I'll stick with the guys with the blue oval.

2. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    I'm kicking myself in the ass for buying a Silverado this time. Most problematic, cheapest made truck I have owned. I like the power the 6.0 has and it is just a little more comfortable than the ford or dodge, otherwise it sucks. GM LAN is the dumbest electrical system ever.

My next truck will be an F-250 with the 6.2. Luckily, I drive about 50k miles a year, so I only have to put up with the chevy for about another year.
  3. invisible monster

invisible monster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Congrats Larry!
  4. mgorman

Oddometer:
    Any of you have a couple of these I can borrow for a couple weeks? I think they have to be 128's but I'm willing to try anything at the moment.

[​IMG]
  5. dox

dox How much for the ape?

Oddometer:
    Sent you an email. Which model do you have?
  6. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    I had a bunch of hand me down Fords before I got smart and tried a Chrysler. Now I wouldn't take a free ford unless I could turn around and sell it for a Dodge. My 2500 is not easy on gas but it's never left me stranded, will haul a$$ and is comfortable. If I buy another truck it will be a 2500 with a Cumins. The Hemi is good when weight is all you're fighting, but the toy hauler takes third gear going up hill to maintain highway speeds. The diesels just power thru with all the torque. :deal
  7. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    I've had my fill of electronic diesels. I fought my 01 diesel dodge for 3 weeks trying to diagnose a no start. If I ever need big power again, I'm going to go to a F-650 with a 12v cummins or other mechanical diesel.
  8. mgorman

Oddometer:

Thanks Dox, Got your email I'll keep that in mind. I have a couple cards on the way thanks to a Great Grandpa.

I'm using one of these vintage bricks

[​IMG]
  9. ohioroadrat

ohioroadrat It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer:
    I still have several of these if you need some for parts. I liked them but then I still watch black and white TV.
  10. dox

dox How much for the ape?

Oddometer:
    You must have been pissed when the Andy Griffith show switched to color in the sixth season. :gerg
  11. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    Shh don't tell him that.
  12. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:
    Hey if any of you FFs are looking for the de facto OH ADV bike, the WR250R, a co-worker of mine is selling his 2012.

It has less than 900 miles, a few farkles and is $500 under KBB @ $5K

Yeah, I know you can get a lightly used 08-09 for $3K, but if you want something newer this is about as good as it is going to get.
  13. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    What was the first year for efi on them?
  14. z@ch

z@ch Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer:
    They've been fuel injected since they were introduced in 2008
  15. Rich B

Rich B Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Matt sez:

"I've had my fill of electronic diesels. I fought my 01 diesel dodge for 3 weeks trying to diagnose a no start. If I ever need big power again, I'm going to go to a F-650 with a 12v cummins or other mechanical diesel."

AFAIK mechanical diesels are extinct in newer vehicles.....thank you US EPA. And right now, rules are in flux about replacement engines for older vehicles......... :eek1
  16. mgorman

Oddometer:
    Anyone interested in a YZ250 two stroke, garaged the last 5 or 6 years. Waiting more details.
  17. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    Whitey was/is looking for a 2 smoker
  18. mgorman

Oddometer:

I have 1.5 more as spares. The .5 unit was a BMW Motorad with all the BMW shops in it. It was great until the screen started to frost over from the inside on a hot day. I don't think it was final drive failure related
  19. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    Bring back the old Detroit 2 strokers. That was some diesel power.
  20. GregsBro

GregsBro a.k.a. Scott

Oddometer:
    Damn wind blew my bike over in the parking lot at work tonight:uhoh. Front turn signal busted and a couple more scrapes on the crash bars are the only damage. Must have been a helluva gust.