The All New LIQUID COOLED R1200GS threadfest

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Dorsicano, Feb 3, 2011.

1. khale

khale ride dirty

Oddometer:
    You were able to customize your order to include LED healight kit with your dealer? Or are you a dealer yourself? I only put a deposit down on my bike. Still no price or package options....
  2. AdvStrider

AdvStrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep, they can be ordered with or without LED's. I'm not a dealer. In the UK, BMW are offering a Touring Edition at launch, which includes full LED headlights. AFAIK they can be ordered individually as well.
  3. khale

khale ride dirty

Oddometer:
    Mind telling me how much (in pounds) the upgrade to LED was or what the Touring Edition includes? Maybe I can do a conversion.
  4. AdvStrider

AdvStrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    They haven't announced prices here in the UK yet; I'm told that will be in January. The deposit that I've placed is fully refundable, subject to pricing, so if BMW decide they will charge crazy prices for the bike, I'll cancel my order. I'm guessing that the TE will come in at around £13500-£14000 though.
  5. khale

khale ride dirty

Oddometer:
    Prices won't be crazy. It's confirmed from many sources it will be the same price or a few hundred extra than the 2012 camhead. I'm in the same boat tho, IF it's much more expensive (like 3-4k more), I'll cancel until I can afford or buy used.
  6. AdvStrider

AdvStrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've heard the same. I mentioned my guess to my dealer, and also to the guy on the BMW stand at the show, and both said I'm pretty much spot on. If that;s the case, I'm happy.:clap
  7. khale

khale ride dirty

Oddometer:
    Yes, another thing to take into consideration is, just because BMW is introducing an ENTIRELY new model, doesn't mean they can ignore the natural laws of economy and charge a *fuckton amount of money. They have to price the bike along the lines, or slightly higher, of their high end competitors. It just means BMW is raising the bar for the enduro market, yet again :D:D:D
    *edited
  8. EJ_92606

EJ_92606 Rider

Oddometer:
    Ya, I like the looks and color of them. I don't do any serious offroading on this bike so the cast wheels will be fine. Easier to clean is a bonus and don't have to think about checking spokes. The cast wheels were already slightly lighter than the spoked but they really made the new ones even lighter...It looks like the spoked wheels were also redesigned and are possibly lighter..I can see cutouts in the hub.
  9. EJ_92606

EJ_92606 Rider

Oddometer:
    Yeap, competition in this segment is more than ever. Prices announced in other countries are basically the same as the old GS with ABS thrown in.
  10. dmac57

dmac57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3 :rofl :rofl :poser :poser :jack :oscar

Pleeeze edit, so I can work without laughing out loud and getting pointed at.
  11. khale

khale ride dirty

Oddometer:
    Better? Not sure where I pulled 'absorbent' from, maybe I meant 'obscene'
  12. NoVa Rider

NoVa Rider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    exorbitant. . .. :clap
  13. khale

khale ride dirty

Oddometer:
    There it is. :D
  14. mtbenson

mtbenson Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not totally wrong. It could absorb all the money from your checking account.
  15. AdvStrider

AdvStrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    How much lighter are cast compared to cross spoked? Will the road handling be the same, or are cast wheels better for "spirited riding"?:lol3 I won't be doing much off road, but figured it'll be better to have the right wheels for the job IF I venture off road. Thoughts????
  16. EJ_92606

EJ_92606 Rider

Oddometer:
    I don't know the weight delta...on the old GS front was identical and rear was just slightly lighter for the cast. I can't recall where I read the specs on the new alloy wheels but they are quite a bit lighter, but I think the spoked wheels are as well. Probably not enough difference to notice though.
  17. Marki_GSA

Marki_GSA Long timer

Oddometer:
    If your not going off road and you don't have to have the spoked wheel look then get the cast wheels. I wouldn't say they will be miles better on the road but they are easier to look after and won't go out of true like spokes will.
  18. jimmex

jimmex Guero con moto Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spoked wheels very desirable IMO. Never know when you're going to peg something.
  19. AdvStrider

AdvStrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Although the chances off going off road aren't that high, I still want the cross spokes on the off chance. Wouldn't want to be restricted should my riding mates decide to venture down some tracks:lol3
  20. EJ_92606

EJ_92606 Rider

Oddometer:
    Cast wheels are fine for casual off road.