Central Oregon Meet-ups

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by littlebull, Jan 4, 2012.

1. littlebull

littlebull tiny mighty mo

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads up. Tony's ass was already hauled out of the woods once, and we have a friend that volunteers for them. We'll try and make it by. It's a great cause.
  2. forrest_fire1

forrest_fire1 I came, went & discovered

Oddometer:
    I 2nd your suggestion.
  3. forrest_fire1

forrest_fire1 I came, went & discovered

Oddometer:
    laughed @ the idea, what an odd reaction....
  4. RideAbout

RideAbout Mentally Retired

Oddometer:
    Our meet-up locale in Eugene (Old Pad) is just that... not great but has a good brew selection, food, outdoor seating and usually not that busy.

Noisy Pubs are also difficult for us ol' coggers to hear the convo... "Eh... whats that you say whipper-snapper?"

Good to meet you the other day... again.... Brian.
  5. littlebull

littlebull tiny mighty mo

Oddometer:
    I'm going to check out Summit. Seems they have some nice things to offer, overall. I don't drink beer, so great food is always a plus for me.

I thought Good Life was, well, good, and like the idea of their outdoor summer seating.

I'll report back on Summit when we've done our recon.

Thanks, Brian, for your background work. Good to see you!
  6. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Yep, that's me

Oddometer:
    This Geezer votes for somewhere away from the masses. I can't hear in the crowds and turn into a bobble head idiot agreeing to anything.:nod

SLOW Joe
  7. zedx9

zedx9 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I agree with Brians assessments. I think checking out Summit is a good idea and trying to stay away from small noisy places an even better idea. Looking forward to your report Kim. I liked Goodlife alright (good beer:D) though it did get a little loud at one point. Hard to avoid entirely but larger buildings are probably better and outdoor facitlites for summer is great.. I've gone through this search for other groups a couple of times here in CO and found a lot of the same sentament that Brian found at BBC. The key would be to find a fellow enthusiast that owns a pub. We had that for a while in here in Redmond and it was perfect. Okay, so who wants to volunteer to purchase a pub:lol3
  8. Rainshadow

Rainshadow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I used to have an office right over the Summit in the Okane building. It'd be a good spot for early evening get togethers during the week, but the placed gets packed with 21 year old bing drinkers on Thurs-Sat night. I couldn't count the number of times that I came to work on Monday to multiple puke stains on the doorstep of my office or blood stains from fights. That was a couple of years ago and I know they were trying hard to cut back on that kind of patron, but I'm pretty sure it's still a bit nutty on the weekend.
    I've always had good luck at Cascade Lakes and we could almost ride there on dirt. Brad21 and I have knocked back a few there, they have pool, darts, Missle Command, and mixed drinks for those looking for an alternative to beer. Back before they built Broken Top (seriously dating myself) you could have ridden right the door on the old rail line that ends across from the MBSEF/Sun Country offices.
  9. Rainshadow

Oddometer:
    Baastad! Who elected you Grand Poobah? If you hadn't poo pooed the LC4 400 I'd have gotten it for a sweet trade with no cash out of pocket. Given your obvious interference, I have no option left except to fully and totally blame you for my current bikeless predicament. As such, I demand unfettered access to your group of malcontents and hooligans. Besides, it was Little Bull who started it and I promised to teach her about the wonderful world of Bourbon, so I've got that going for me.

Go Giants!
  10. Rainshadow

Oddometer:
    Only if you let me join the club. I've got a giant bottle of Makers a couple of glasses and an ice bucket ready to travel.

I'm actively trying to weasel my way on to a bike, that's got to count for something. Take pity!
  11. Dr Klaun

Dr Klaun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mmmm. Bourbon!

But your conclusion was incorrect. It should have said "Go PAT'S!"

That is all.
  12. Rainshadow

Oddometer:
    Should be a good game. I wish so many people weren't picking the GMen as they tend to listen to that kind of talk and come out flat. Can't do that against Tom Terrific. Still, the correct answer is Go GIANTS!

I was downtown and noticed the new "Brother Johns" sign up on the bar that I think had been called the Decoy on the SW corner of Bond and Greenwood. I'm assuming that's a new location for them, but since I don't get out all that much it could have been there awhile....

Meet up next week?
  13. Dr Klaun

Oddometer:
    I'm in for next week.

I also noticed that new Brother Jon's downtown. It must be in addtional to there existing place?!

Rainshadow, I am hoping for a great game. '07 was pretty depressing....
  14. NotAllWhoWanderRLost

NotAllWhoWanderRLost So many roads to ease my soul...

Oddometer:
    We stopped in to check out Brother Jon's Alehouse yesterday around 5pm and it was packed...! It isn't as big inside as I expected but it looks like they're off to a good start none the less. Another fun option for downtown with a great selection of NW beers on tap.
    :beer
  15. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Yep, that's me

Oddometer:
    So, we are going to take another run at the Good Life this Friday at 6pm. Or did I miss something?

SLOW Joe
  16. Miguel Sanchez

Miguel Sanchez VD #110 Supporter

Oddometer:
    I might even be able to make this one..! :freaky
  17. Rainshadow

Oddometer:
    I can make it for a bit. Anybody else free on Friday?
  18. weird1

weird1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well I can swing by for a beer or 2!!!!
    Tomororw at Good life Again 6 pm?
  19. Dr Klaun

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a plan - Goodlife Brewing @ 6pm.
  20. weird1

weird1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looks like I will be a little late, 6:30-7 ish.