AR-NWA ADV BS thread

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by Elvis70, Mar 27, 2009.

1. wayno

wayno Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like the idea aand the looks of that bad boy but guns are kind of like MC's around here one more and my ass might be out the door....Its hell being PW at 63:lol3
  2. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
  3. wayno

wayno Long timer

Oddometer:

I was under the impression that he got his out of a bowl not off a stick......now you have made it real complicated a "bowl of sticks":lol3
  4. mouthfulloflake

mouthfulloflake Not afraid

Oddometer:
    I do get to watch the hawg basketball game for free, so it could be worse.

Documentary about Nolan Richardson being played on the court after the game, and then airing on ESPN later tomorrow night.

it was produced by ESPN, and from the bits I saw of it while testing, it looks pretty interesting.

5. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Very cool. I had heard about the documentary. Gonna have to catch that tonight.

6. wayno

wayno Long timer

Oddometer:
    I shoot my 1911 better at 25yds than I do any of my other pistols at 10yds. JMO:D
  7. wayno

wayno Long timer

Oddometer:
    Squab baked in mud :puke1:puke1
  8. tcourdin

tcourdin Resident Spooner

Oddometer:
    Those are sweet guns Albie! I've got an MSAR STG 5.56. I'm a fan of bullpups too! How do you like the FS2000? I keep telling myself I dont need one. :D

[​IMG]
  9. tcourdin

Oddometer:
    Agreed, love me some 1911. :D I must admit I've got some cheaper guns and I think I shot better with them than my 1911 the last time out. Nothing like the feel of the 1911 though.
  10. Dragon43

Dragon43 If you insist.

Oddometer:
    No problem, thanks for checking.... :wink:
  11. Dragon43

Dragon43 If you insist.

Oddometer:
    Need some of these on that B ball team instead of the wusses they have now. Probably a lot better players too.

[​IMG]
  12. wayno

wayno Long timer

Oddometer:
    I believe its the single action trigger and 5" barrel as much as anything but still like my 1911
  13. Elvis70

Elvis70 No speed traps in the sky

Oddometer:
    My summation. She is the product of a broken home, with a father who is childish, and ignorant, and living out his tough guy fantasies by bossing around his daughter as if he was a Drill Sargent, possibly making up for the relentless bullying he took as a kid cause he stuttered. I thought the chores were reasonable, she isn't rebelling against the chores, she is rebelling against her parents, who in my opinion are dip shits.

I hope she succeeds in spite of her idiot parents but so far I would say her and dad are on the same level.

I would of donated the lap top to the Salvation Army, or Goodwill. A little more mature.

14. Elvis70

Oddometer:
    I prefer the qoute from the fella chasing him, "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining". Lot of good ones in that movie. A true classic.

15. terrascout

terrascout Long timer

Oddometer:
    NW Arkansas, Hills and Curves close at hand

Gus,

I have a big old heavy son of a gun enclosed trailer you can borrow if need be. Just have to wait for it to make it back from Illinois as Dad borrowed it to move my sister. I think is is serving as a mobile storage unit right now.
  16. Elvis70

Oddometer:
    I got my expert pistol shot medal in the Navy with a WWII vintage 1911. That was a series of timed shoots all drawn from the holster starting at 25 yards and working down to 7 feet I think. The last one was 2 shots only, I always did head shots on that one. One or two of the required speed reloading in the middle. If you got a jam, too bad, better be able to clear it quickly. You also had one where in the middle you had to switch and shoot with your off hand for a couple. That took some practice. You shot I think 68 rounds for a total of 340 max points (5 per bullseye) on paper human torso targets. Minimum of 330 for expert so almost all had to be bulls eyes.

That did not make me a badass, that meant I could shoot a gun straight, and quickly under pressure. No bigger accomplishment than being able to bowl well.
  17. tcourdin

Oddometer:
    Thats very cool Elvis. Seems they dont get to shoot in the Military as much anymore. I've got a young friend thats in the Marines, he's shot an M16 a few times, but no pistol training.

18. Elvis70

Oddometer:
    If not for the fact I was in the Auxilliry Security Forces(Basically Reserve Navy Police) at NAS Whidbey Island I would never have fired a gun in my entire time in the Navy. Normally you fired a 1911 with a .22 barrel installed at the indoor range in bootcamp but when I was going through it was being renovated. I think they stopped it all together now though.

I also did the practical weapons qualification course with the Mossberg 500 and Remington 700 I think it was. Was a timed course 3 minutes running from station to station. About the same distances. Included shooting from the hip and combat dry reloading. As I recall 00 Buck, which is what we fired had 11 pellets in it, and you fired 2 at each target and had to have 9 holes in each to pass, plus finish on time. Was fun, I like blowing up other people's money.

19. Dragon43

Dragon43 If you insist.

Oddometer:
    Bunch of kids..... :gerg

Back in the fun days....

I had to use the M1 from WWII or Korea, no pistols allowed as we was not ossifers....

Most of us okie & arki & tex kids shot expert with them old rifles that the bullet went through the target sideways most of the time. he he he We had a gallery of range ossifers watch cause they did not believe the stories they were hearing..... We had a grreat line Sarge, he laid the law down to the company Sargents that we were not to do any cleaning or messing with the weapons between range days so we could get used to where they actually shot. ( take one apart & clean it, then it don't shoot the same no matter what the super spooks do on TV with their snap together long range weapons.... LOL ) Hummm, new trech, hummm.... Charlie, you disassemble your weapon after sight in then go out in the filed and put it together and make any long touches? )

Most fun was the crawl under the bob wire with real 50 cal machine guns with garden hose water jackets sending a lot of trace rounds right over you On guy saw a snake and jumped up, they could not stop shooting quick nuff and he became our lesson of the day. Not my platoon. The full stick of plain old dynamite they set off in the depressions right next to us would just about bounce us into the gun fire.

One of our platoon had to be driven with a bayonet through the course by the platoon Sargent. Man was Sarge pissed. Drew blood from that kids ass but by golly, he went through it.

More guys screwed up the night infiltration course than anything....

Platoon ahead of us had a kid panic and he jumped up and started running setting off every trip wire in the place. It looked like the 4th of July on the Hudson. What a hoot. They got off the 50's in time for that kid.

December, January & February of 1961-2 at Ft Carson, Colorado. Fun times if you could take the cold.....
  20. Dragon43

Dragon43 If you insist.

Oddometer:
    You know, sitting around playing on the puter is my kind of moving. Have to go back for more stuff but not today. He he he ... :lol3