The Yamaha Super Tenere XT1200Z Big Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by mr moto, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Flydream

Flydream King of the Atlantic

Oddometer:
    Not to heavy, if you use the engine:deal
    Yes, that was the warm up...:wink:
    My friend Bruno Botelho ( Advrider ) made a small video!
    http://vimeo.com/60502183
  2. snakebitten

snakebitten Small Town Hick

Oddometer:
    Looks SO much better than it did new. Doesn't it? :)
  3. silverspurs

silverspurs why?

Oddometer:
    Nice patina of mud and grime... a good look for the S10:thumb
  4. sallydog

sallydog https://sallydog.smugmug.com/Pets/LD-Travel/

Oddometer:
    around here the race tracks use very heavy tarps for advertising. the kind of tarps truckers use. the tracks throw them out of site when they switch out. i just go to the track and get as many as i want from the old pile. they are 60' X 15'. i cut them to whatever size i need. some stuff i hammer grommets in them. some stuff i screw them down. i get the screws with ribber washers. they work great and my friends laugh cause my stuff has shit written on the inside :D.
  5. Anticyclone

Anticyclone Out

Oddometer:
    Another source is whatever company does billboards in your area. Lamar, ClearChannel, CBS etc... They will likely have a big pile of their old "vinyls" sitting out back. You may have to dig through them a bit to find a heavy one, as they have gotten lighter in recent years, but the heavy ones are still out there, or at least they were when I last had to pull one of those things up 50 ft onto a catwalk a year ago:deal.
  6. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Glad to see you can take the KLR away from the man, but you can't take the KLR out of the man.

(Moment of silence)
  7. BRUNO BOTELHO

BRUNO BOTELHO Been here awhile

Oddometer:

It was a very nice ride :clap
    The ST did very well on the off road stuff:clap
  8. GrahamD

GrahamD Long timer

Oddometer:
    Packs up well and is dual purpose..

[​IMG]

http://www.besportier.com/archives/nomad-tenere-expedition-motorcycle-tent-takes-care-two-and-your-bike.html
  9. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the forum, eh. :D

I use a Nelson-Rigg 'half cover' p/n UV 2000 04 XL size that works great to fit over my S10 with Zega Pro 31/38L bags and my fuel cell. Rolls up nice and compact and came with it's own storage bag with a waist strap. It has a couple of tie down points that I put carabiners on and can clip quickly in place to the bike. It's held up will to the last couple of years in all kinds of weather and wind.
  10. silverspurs

silverspurs why?

Oddometer:
  11. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    I'm not GrahamD, but I've seen these at the Vegas BMW shop too, funny that it was labeled Tenere, you would think they would know better than to put a GS in it? :rofl

http://redverz.com/ $449.00 USD
  12. GrahamD

GrahamD Long timer

Oddometer:
  13. towboatcrisco

towboatcrisco Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey thanx GrahamD and Dirty bike!!

Funny you should mention the nelson rigg as i was just checkin out their gear today online. As for the tent that may end up in my kit a lil farther down the road . I dont have a garage at the moment but im undercover , i go away for periods of time and basically looking for something to protect the bike while it sits at home.

i also tracked down a " R&G " adventure bike outdoor cover . anybody ever hear about them ?? think it was $ 50 UKpounds

Appreciate the help and it was an easy way to introduce myself to the inmates
  14. tremor38

tremor38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    http://www.amazon.com/Speed-Way-MTT-GRY-Large-Touring-Shelter/dp/B009GIXPF4/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_4
  15. tremor38

tremor38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hmmm! Gears are turning. I'm definitely looking for a combo volt meter and ice warning. I have something similar in my car that I picked up in the local Autobacs. It has an audible low/high voltage alarm that's always chirping away when the engine is at idle with the headlights on. No way to opt out of this alarm in the settings, so I found a sharp object and gave the speaker a little 'tune-up'...problem solved! :lol3

I suppose such a thing on a bike wouldn't be much of an issue.
  16. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    I've used this model on a few of my bikes now and like it, very accurate. For some reason my Dakar's HID headlight would set off the voltage alarm every time it fired up, a quick "tune-up" fixed that. :evil
  17. Space Traveler

Space Traveler explorer

Oddometer:
    I am seriously considering to buy Gerbing's clothing to be able to Ride my New flat grey S10 as soon as possible...

I want to know where you plug your electric clothing on the bike. Do you use the factory power outlet in the dash or you aded one under the seat?

If you have some pics, that will help for sure.

Thanks!
  18. TH

TH There and Here

Oddometer:
    The stock plug will not support the gerbing gear that well. Best thing to do:

• Run the wire that comes with the controller directly from the battery and run it to under the seat, or
    • Install a fuse block (many different options) and run the gear off of the fuse block, which would be directly connected to the battery.
    I have used the fuse block method, as I don't like to keep my tinkering with the stock electrical wires to a minimum.
  19. Space Traveler

Space Traveler explorer

Oddometer:
    Great, Thank you!

It help searching on Google when you know what to look for and use the right words :evil
  20. RideAbout

RideAbout Mentally Retired

Oddometer: