Adventure Van -> Truck Camper -> DIY.Roamer

Discussion in 'Camping Toys' started by Geek, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Gummee!

Gummee! That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer:
    Yup.

With Duke hors de combat, you HAVE taken over as 'king of teh suck.'

:nod

M
  2. PirateJohn

PirateJohn Banned

Oddometer:

I had a very active joke list. So old that at the time it was unusual to get jokes by email. Playboy used to publish my stuff.

I well remember a dude that tracked me down and waited for me to go into Wild Bill's biker bar in Jacksonville, FL.

He caught me in the men's room with Mr. Happy in my hand to ask me about the meaning of my jokes and to let me know that he was a fan.

One has to laugh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  3. RLK

RLK KLR VFR

Oddometer:
    Its great to see you both enjoying the thing. I love the windows too.
  4. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    Thanks Matt,

It has been too long :freaky

[​IMG]

btw Matt... you are the only person that would appreciate this - remember when we were stopped in New Mexico back in 2007 at a gas station and you were doing an "oil change" on your bike (Rose Pedal?)..
    [​IMG]

... and this little dog was hanging out with us? He was so cute...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...my personal romantic theory is that Katy his is offspring (we rescued her from the humane society and their papers said she was from New Mexico) :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As she is getting older and filling out her body profile/stance is looking more and more like his. :D

:freaky
  5. James Adams

James Adams wut

Oddometer:
    It looks like she's losing the battle with the stick. :lol3
  6. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
  7. RedRocker

RedRocker Native Texican Supporter

Oddometer:
    :nod
  8. hyperboarder

hyperboarder Potato Farmer

Oddometer:
    Is that the Coleman grill/stove combo? How do you like it?
  9. tweetie

tweetie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep!

I like it well enough, but it doesn't have enough power to boil a pot of water while grilling hamburgers at the same time. You can audibly hear the power decrease when you turn the other burner on. So, I find myself using the stove and then switching over to use the grill when I'm finished with the stove.

And it's pretty useless when it's cold and windy outside. I tried using it in October in UT and couldn't get a pot of water to boil. :huh

That said, once we put the induction cooktop burner(s) in the van, I'll keep the grill or get a dedicated table top grill. It's still nice to have grilled food.
  10. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    FWIW the Kovea BBQ Stove works very well as both a BBQ and a stove.

[​IMG]
  11. 984gasm

984gasm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  12. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    This past trip we ran into more Sprinters than ever... maybe its just because we notice them more now but they seemed to be everywhere.

Here's a Sportsmobile we ran into in Mesa Verde. I dunno if I could bring myself to put those big ugly hatches in mine... but then again I never thought I'd stick a big ugly awning on top but I did - and I love it :lol3

[​IMG]
  13. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    Slice of life photos... this is the daily duty of the van right now:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've gotta get my second wind and get back to work on it sometime soon :hmmmmm
  14. tweetie

tweetie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Time to start planning another trip. :deal :lol3
  15. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    The list of things to do from the last trip is already as long as my arm! :patch
    Come to think of it.. we still haven't unloaded it from the last trip yet :lol3
  16. djb_rh

djb_rh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got mine home after a few hundred miles towing right at the limit (nearly 5k) and the next day I get a CEL for something to do with heating or sensing temp of the DEF. Seems to be running fine, but obviously needs to go in (still under warranty).

I've got the same size BFG ATs on it now as you, Geek. Looks like the dealer can reprogram for them to show proper speed, so I'll ask about that when it's in. Also, my local dealer is a Renntech dealer, so I'm really thinking about doing the ECU tune they have. Haven't found anyone who didn't like it, nor anyone reporting any problems with it (and some have a LOT of miles with it). 80 more HP and 100 more ft-lbs is gonna be pretty noticeable. Also removes the 82MPH speed limiter. You thought about doing that, Geek? Guessing it's not new to you, anyway.

Can't mountain bike in these parts. We've been having rain nearly every day, and often biblical amounts, for WEEKS now. I was at the beach for two of those (and did some fatbike riding in the sand for workouts), but this is getting really old. Everything is soup...*sigh*

--Donnie
  17. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    This guy was camping in the Parking lot of Winter Park yesterday morning. I guess they are less strict for Mountain Bikers than they are for skiers?

I'm going to have to take advantage of this... :evil :D

[​IMG]

.mobile
  18. ian408

ian408 Administrator Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Could it be more that in the winter, it's harder to maintain the parking lot if there are vehicles in it or are Mt. Bikers just really that cheap a mofo (except when it comes to bling)?
  19. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    That's a good point.

I think it is also a "volume" thing. The busiest day with mountain bikers has less people than the least busiest day with skiers.

We never stood in line once... just walked up and got on the lift each time. :thumb
    We got there at 9:30 (i.e. not early) and parked right up next to the base.
  20. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    Dunno.. Too much stuff going on right now (summer is too short.. fun stuff comes first! :D ).

They are sitting in the garage.. I can do them any time; but not in a hurry.
    I have other things I'd rather get done on the van first if I get van work time.

In the meanwhile more of:

[​IMG]

:ricky