Charlottesville Riders...where are ya?

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by gasgaseffinfast, Sep 24, 2008.

1. hppyfngy

hppyfngy not dead yet

Oddometer:

That's it, black. Or really really dark silver...:huh

I must have misremembered
  2. meltonbmm

meltonbmm Kodesh2

Oddometer:
    PM me a proposed date and time. I'll stop by the farm and pickup the saw. How does President's Day look for you?
  3. FLASH-GS

FLASH-GS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :wave:thumb Thanks! I'll P.M. ya.
  4. revanerand

revanerand Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey there,

I'm Evan and I'm new to the boards and 2 months new to c-ville. I drive an 01 Kawasaki ZR7-S I just picked up. Ridden on the road for years, but I've never done any off-road riding. I was directed here from another website a couple of days ago and now I want to give dirt a shot. Can't buy another bike for a long time though. Oh well.

I live a block from Jinx's BB-Q and am always up for meeting other riders. You guys will be seeing me around a lot. I plan to ride whether weather permits or not. Look for a red bike, skinny dude, black fieldsheer jacket, and bright red helmet.

Peace,
    Evan
  5. HBN

HBN Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeehaw! Welcome to the area and I look forward to meeting up for some BBQ. Check out the Valley Tag if you get a chance. A few of us are meeting up in Harrisonburg for some tech sunday. See the Valley Inmates thread for details.
  6. gasgaseffinfast

gasgaseffinfast Ahh, f*ck it.

Oddometer:
    heya evan;

welcome to cville. some of the guys get together at Belmont BBQ sporadically, when the weather is nicer. i'll pm you next time we go.

btw - anyone going to be at Bike Week in Daytona? I'm headed down there myself at the moment and man, it's cold.
  7. HBN

HBN Long timer

Oddometer:
    Woah - thats going to be one cold ride there but a warm one back. "At the Moment" are you riding right now?? Take plenty of pics!
  8. revanerand

revanerand Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey thanks. I'm always up for BBQ.
  9. mrb3w

mrb3w Adventurer

Oddometer:
    just got my bike back from "winter storage" up in baltimore...

Never made it to the meet-ups before, but I'm back on two wheels now! :D

Looks like the weather will get cold again, but if there's a nice day, i'll post on here and see if anyone is game for bbq / lunch or something!
  10. revanerand

revanerand Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey fellas,
    Where is the best (read: cheapest & competent) place to have tires mounted in the C-ville area? I already have my Cont Road Attacks, I just need them mounted and balanced on my ZR7s rims. I'm fine with taking the rims off and bringing them somewhere, also. Thanks!

Peace,
    Evan
  11. HBN

HBN Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm not in C-Ville but over here in Harrisonburg, Blue Ridge Powersports only charged me $25 for mounting and balancing of a new tire. I'd call around - there is probably something comparable in your area. There are a few inmates locally that have all the proper tools and hardware to DIY.
  12. The Dude Himself

The Dude Himself Hooked on Dirt!!

Oddometer:
    Bring some Magic Mushroom pizza up to C'Burg and it's free. :deal

Anton has a place, but I'm unsure what he charges. Does great work though!
  13. revanerand

revanerand Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mr. Himself, are you talking about Mellow Mushroom Pizza, or Magic Mushroom? They are two different things entirely. :D

Thanks HBurg. Jarmins is the local spot here and they said 75 to do the job if I brought the rims in, 135 if I brought the whole bike. It's less if I bought the tires from them, but I got a great deal on some tires. I'll probably bite the bullet and go with them. I'll still make it in under 300.00 for a new set. Not bad.
  14. HBN

HBN Long timer

Oddometer:
    They charged me $25 to mount a single new tire on the bike. Are you saying they will charge you $135 to mount both tires? You could save $85 by riding over the mountain - but it sounds like you made up you mind.

I have never been to Jarmins before - new weekend destination I suppose.
  15. revanerand

revanerand Adventurer

Oddometer:
    To clarify, Jarmins said 75 was for both tires, but that was if I took the rims off myself and brought them a rim and new tire. It was 120 for both if they had to remove and reinstall the rims.

But in HBurg, they charged you 25/tire to do it and they removed/remounted the rim on the bike, too? Wow. In that case, I'm bungee-ing my tires to the bike and taking a trip! 50.00 and I don't have to go through the hassle of taking my rims off!
  16. HBN

HBN Long timer

Oddometer:
    As I remember, it was $25 per tire (including removal/mounting on rim/) Not sure if they cut me a deal or something. They open at 8AM tomorrow and I will call them and report back here then.
  17. hppyfngy

hppyfngy not dead yet

Oddometer:
    Might call Morris Cycle between Stanardsville and Ruckersville about putting on your tires.

I've heard a lot of good things about Morris
  18. FOXedupONE

FOXedupONE Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah Tim at Morris cycle on rt 33 will change tires. I think it's $30 each wheel you bring in and $40 for each tire change if you bring the bike in.
  19. HBN

HBN Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thats still a great deal and saves you the extra 35 minute ride.
  20. revanerand

revanerand Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Seriously, that's definitely a good deal. I'm totally headed there. Thanks guys! I knew this was the best place to ask. I can't wait to head out for a street ride with you guys, though between finishing a masters degree in May and working with college students, it will be mid-may before I can realistically do anything but commute on the bike.