Harley Riders Sign In With Pic

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by sfarson, Nov 13, 2004.

1. BOOGIEMAN

BOOGIEMAN Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My 2010 CVO dark # 686 of 999. At Meat Cove Nova Scotia

[​IMG]
  2. UnknownLegend

UnknownLegend Adventurer

Oddometer:
    "Irene" with new Heritage handlebars!!!

Attached Files:

3. dlrides

dlrides 1:1.618 Supporter

Oddometer:

BNW rider for sure.

:lol3
  4. bmdubyou

bmdubyou Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've always thought the HDs were beautiful bikes..love the old ones from the 40's...but I'm starting to dislike the attitude that many seem to have...especially those who think their loud pipes are so cool and need to be heard 5 miles away and sit in front of your house and rev at full throttle.
  5. Krang

Krang Rides with hippies

Oddometer:
    For every one of those there are plenty who aren't like that.

Choose to remember the idiots of any grouping and you'll dislike everyone.
  6. dceggert

dceggert Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Metro Detroit - almost like offroad riding
    They are not motorcycle enthusiasts, these are 'bikers.' If you look, they have 9,000 miles on their 10 year old bike and their idea of a ride is a 10 mile round trip to the bar having bike night. Let them go, ignore the show.

Some of us HD owners like to ride...with stock pipes and no fringe. I have over 70k miles on mine and still ticking away....
  7. zataomm

zataomm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1.

Don't let the life-stylers discourage you.
  8. speednut

speednut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I agree.
  9. Robert OK

Robert OK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't even know why Harley riders bother with this MoCo-billboard-piratey image thing. I was in Florida this winter and everyone and their grandmother was driving a Harley. They're as common as McDonalds. It's like a uniform.

That aside I love driving my Road King Classic. My goto bike is my GSA, but every time I get on that RK and am on an appropriate road (country, light traffic, rolling hills, some good twisties) I feel fantastic.

My only gripe, how the hell do you deal with valve on the rear tire? I've got the spoked wheels. I can barely see it, much less check the pressure.
  10. dceggert

Oddometer:
    Is your valvestem straight out between the spokes or is it coming out of the rim on an angle? My Ultra has the stem on the angle and I have a window of about 15 degrees that I can get to it under the right saddle bag. About 4 years ago I installed a center stand as well so now I don't have to worry how I park it and I can just rotate the wheel to get to it.
  11. Robert OK

Oddometer:
    Straight out. Any ideas on how to get an angle? 15 degrees would make a huge difference.
  12. dceggert

Oddometer:
    The angle is built into the wheel so without changing wheels it is not possible...but I do have a proposed solution for you!

Go to the cheepo auto parts store in your area and look for the rubber valvestem extenders that go on the dual rear wheel trucks and motorhomes. They are about 6" long or so and flexible. When you want to check or adjust air pressure in your rear tire remove the cap, screw the hose onto it, then use the valve in the end of the hose to check/adjust the air. When you are done unscrew the hose and put the cap back on.

I do this when I check/adjust my motorhome tires and it makes it pretty easy in very tight places.
  13. Robert OK

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the tip Dan. I will try that. Kind of a bummer that it's built into the wheel. Maybe I could kill two birds with one stone if that valvestem extender worked for the rear shock valve too.
  14. dceggert

Oddometer:
    It will, but here is another tip...Progressive 440HD shocks. I put a set on 3 years ago and cussed myself silly that I did not do this the day I bought the Ultra. The ride is THAT good. All the harshness is gone, and in the Detroit Metro area where we almost don't have roads anymore, this upgrade was substantial enough to get me to keep the bike! It was destined for the auction block...
  15. Geoff

Geoff Long timer

Oddometer:
    My Harley is as reliable and enjoyable to ride as my BMW RT.

[​IMG]
  16. Robert OK

Oddometer:
    I hear what you are saying about the shocks. I took the RKC into Manhattan one day and won't do it again. I may consider a shock upgrade next year, but as the riding season is winding down I think I'll stick to the GSA for city trips. The RKC, with the stock shocks, is fine out here in horse country (Northern Westchester). Spent too much motorbike money this year already. Thanks for the tip though.
  17. bmdubyou

bmdubyou Adventurer

Oddometer:

You're right...and I know that. But I'm beginning to not even want to wave at cruisers and I dont like that feeling I have towards other bikers. On a side note: in IL its against the law to modify the exhaust system to make it louder...police dont do anything about it. What really gets me is a guy who works across the street and comes in and leaves at odd hours...like 3am and tears out of the parking lot like he's at the dragstrip. Ive called the police but they wont do anything. ok...sorry to rant! I'm still trying to love everyone! :raabia
  18. davyjones

davyjones Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My 2007 Road King at White Rock Lake in Dallas.

Attached Files:

19. Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard Instagram @motopossum Super Moderator

Oddometer:

Man you would HATE my neighborhood! and probably most of my fiends and some of my bikes .... :rofl
  20. BrianK

BrianK F'in' half ass lookie boy

Oddometer:
    Don't doubt it for a minute.