Triumph Scrambler

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by danger_dave, May 29, 2006.

1. rjf

rjf SBS's #1 fan in January

Oddometer:
    Gosford, NSW, Aust. Scrambler, 640Adv, 300EXC
    Cheers guys, happy to report it fits my wet weather gear and held up today no worries. :1drink

At the bike show today was a mono shock bonnie (apologies in advanced for the picture quality)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Called into Deus for lunch on the way home and parked next to a jack pine style scrambler-
    (And a pair of XR1000 street trackers:clap)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. TerryK

TerryK Ulysses

Oddometer:
    Mounted the gopro on the left mirror stalk

<a href="<iframe width=" 560"="" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vIbN7SQdBtA?list=UUPSstOEnd2NSu0Va6kt2ySg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="">"><a href="<iframe width=" 560"="" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vIbN7SQdBtA?list=UUPSstOEnd2NSu0Va6kt2ySg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""><iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vIbN7SQdBtA?list=UUPSstOEnd2NSu0Va6kt2ySg" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
  3. xaman

xaman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Spent last week in Arkansas. What a lovely place to ride! I was especially impressed by the lack of traffic, compared to east Texas.

Found some cool spots to picnic:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Scrambler performed admirably, a little over 2k miles total. Used up almost half of my new rear tire, but it was well worth it.
  4. xaman

xaman Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Looks good to me, pretty clean video.
  5. Romabuk

Romabuk Hole in da pants

Oddometer:
    I'm powder coating my scramblers clutch cover (and other parts). Thought I would also replace the 3 roller bearings inside after(one for gear shifter, 2 for clutch mechanism). Local dealer states the bearings can't be pulled with out damaging the clutch cover. They also say the oven temperature or the residue from sand blasting will fail the bearings. They want me to buy new covers. I can order the bearings, so if they can sell the bearings they must be removable.

The obvious is to clean the bearings inside the cover best I can and re-use.

But;
    I can't believe these bearings can't be removed. Must be a trick or special tool.
    Does any inmate know?:ear
  6. nofate

nofate what blackflies?

Oddometer:
    Entertaining Scrambler commercial. Is that the stock headlight? It looks like it works better than mine.
  7. grebmrof

grebmrof Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Very nice panorama shot...what camera are you using? Good one! Thanks for posting.
    Tom
  8. xaman

xaman Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Hi Tom,

That's just the regular iphone5 camera. I didn't even know it did panorama shots till this trip. That little swimming hole was worth a good picture.
  9. grebmrof

grebmrof Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't want to take us into the weeds about photography, but that is really a nice pic. I've got a Sony SLR and little Panasonic that will do panos for me - built in software stitches the photos together vs taking a series and using Photoshop or something else to make one. No wonder digital camera sales are being hurt by smart phones doubling as decent cameras. Keep taking those, their great!
    Tom
  10. HackFlipper

HackFlipper Adventurer

Oddometer:
  11. fotopat

fotopat Pat / Cleveland, OH

Oddometer:
    Was finally able to locate and mount a single saddlebag for the left side of my Scrambler - I used the left half of River Road's Model: Classic Quick-Release Compact bags. I was able to buy the saddlebag bracket only from the Triumph single saddlebag kit that had previously been available for the Scramblers - then a visit to the local leather shop to fabricate some straps that attach to the frame under the seat and I'm in business. I like the look and though I was afraid the bike would look awkward with only one bag, it actually is nicely balanced visually by the high pipes on the right. The bag is "pleather" - not real leather - but comes with a nylon rain cover and is large enough to hold some rain gear and a small tool kit without being too large. The bag measures 15.5" W x 10" H x 5" D, and comes with an interior removable liner as well as the rain cover.

I have the right side bag available if anyone else is interested - will let it go for my cost ($60) plus shipping - only problem would be that the extra pocket on the outside of the bag (at the rear of the bag as shown on my bag) would be on the front and might interfere with a passengers left leg. PM me if interested and I'll share the details.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. gseur

gseur Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just to say that I'done the bafflectomie last week. The sound is now perfect to me, not as loud as with the TOR's, but enough for the cars to hear me.

And to show you my new signature. :D
  13. Goat_locker

Goat_locker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  14. Manray

Manray Killing Time

Oddometer:
    Good to hear the baffectomy worked out. The TOR's you dropped off are still in Lorrach as I haven't had a chance to pick them up.
  15. FirstPath

FirstPath Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have the same bags on my '79 Suzuki GS550. They fit the style of the bike very well. They will melt though so be careful if you decide to drop it off the other side with just number plate for protection.

Scott in Shoreview
    '79 Suzuki GS550
  16. Sam il Cinghio

Sam il Cinghio dirty noob

Oddometer:
    Hi Satcen... just come back at home: over 7.000 km in Turkey, refuelling each 200km (more or less), no problem with gas station anywhere ;)

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21395575&postcount=1
  17. tricky P

tricky P Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  18. Manray

Manray Killing Time

Oddometer:
    Turkey is such a beautiful country especially on a Scram.....Thanks for sharing!!
  19. Sam il Cinghio

Sam il Cinghio dirty noob

Oddometer:
    You can find them on www.worldoftriumph.com ;)
  20. sprouty115

sprouty115 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    - Powder coating temperatures should not harm a bearing that doesn't have rubber seals.
    - Some bead-blasing materials will damage bearings but...you should be able to mask the surfaces enough to keep the material out.
    - If the bearings are left in, they should be cleaned of all grease prior to powder coating and then re-greased before assembly..
    - You can pull a blind bearing with a special tool and slide hammer: http://www.harborfreight.com/blind-hole-bearing-puller-95987.html