What did you do with your Trials Bike today?

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Brewtus, Dec 12, 2010.

1. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear that. I have heard of it, but first time that I saw it! Thanks for the pics. Well at least your bike will be fresh this spring. Have you checked the jetting just to be sure?
  2. darmst6829

darmst6829 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Brian, no damage just a skinned chin and a bruised ego. Everybody at the trial was great. Seems like a good group.
    Thanks
    Dave
  3. agmoto

agmoto Gôremā

Oddometer:
    I'll be verifying jetting when I clean & rebuild the carb. Only benefit of this happening is that the engine should be good for quite some time after this & I get to give the bike a really good cleaning & refreshing. It'll also give me a chance to replace some of the crapped out hardware on the thing. I plan to make the hardware choice more consistent than OEM too. Why GasGas chose to use about 50 different styles of fasteners on this thing boggles me.

Andrew
  4. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:
    I've been running Honda Pro transmission oil (CR/CRF stuff) simply because I have several quarts of it lying around. Looks, smells, and quite possibly tastes just like ATF. Seems to work well, and I change it about twice a year.
  5. agmoto

agmoto Gôremā

Oddometer:
    Sent out my cylinder to Paynes Cycle Center. They'll be sending it out to get bored & plated to match the readily available 280cc piston. Saves quite a bit of money & I get 8cc more out of the deal.

Also ordering up all new Stainless Steel hardware for the bike. Far too much of the hardware on the bike was too dirty & messed up heads (looks like someone used SAE wrenches in Metric situations).

Andrew
  6. broncobowsher

broncobowsher Long timer

Oddometer:
    Went out for a pratice ride in the backyard after work today. First time since I got the CTI brace.
    Starting off the brace was VERY noticable, especially while trying to start the bike. Finally got the bike started. Started putzing around the yard, hard turns lock to lock weaving around trees, logs, assorted junk. Then over some of the stuff.

A few things I quickly realized I forgot.
    How to ride, clutch control, riding smooth, how to do a simple hop and the knee brace. I really like that last one. I rode around for just a short time and went and put the bike away before it was too dark. Got off the bike and then remember I had the brace on. That was :D! If I can forget that it is there in such a short time the first time I wore it then it must fit pretty good.

Now to work on those skills that all went away over the past half year and knee surgery. I think by the time I get back up to speed the blown ACL and resulting surgery will be a year long speed bump. More peg time, watching the training DVD many more times, get the basics down again.
  7. agmoto

agmoto Gôremā

Oddometer:
    Cleaned every part on the bike today (ultrasonic cleaner is a godsend). Pressure washed the frame, swingarm, etc. Repacked all the linkage and swingarm bearings. Replaced wheel bearings front\rear. Wheels awaiting fresh tires this week. Removed a stuck rear caliper bolt (holds the pads in). Began reassembly of the bike. It'll just need the cylinder tossed in when it arrives.

[​IMG]

Working on replacing the fork seals as well. They are pretty well stuck in the aluminum housing. I was able to find a place online where I could score seals for 4$ a piece. I should be good for awhile.

Andrew
  8. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    I rode for 15 minutes yesterday. It was 50F out. This morning it's -15F below wind chill.
  9. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    Sorry about that. :cry

We should have a good turn out today for some practice. Suppose be in the low 50s.
    That will feel like 70 compared to the last two weeks deep freeze that settled in here.
  10. Gham

Gham tritagonist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear your on the road to recovery,mind if I ask what training video your referring to? I could go for some winter reading/viewing and I have a birthday coming up.My wife never knows what to get me so I usually just grab something small (tires/fork springs ect...) for myself and we're both happy.
  11. NMTrailboss

NMTrailboss Team Dead End

Oddometer:

https://secure.rypusa.com/prodpage.cfm?cat_selected=84&product_selected=84&startrow=1

and

https://secure.rypusa.com/prodpage.cfm?cat_selected=84&product_selected=323&startrow=1
  12. Gham

Gham tritagonist Supporter

Oddometer:
  13. DrKayak

DrKayak Retro Rider

Oddometer:
    Took a full year of searching to find this 2006 Rev3 for $2,500.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Old and new ----

[​IMG]

I got most of the service done on the new one. Trying to decide if I should leave the ATF in it. The clutch is actualy smoother on my Techno with Rotella 6T in the gear box.
  14. joe cool

joe cool Long timer

Oddometer:
    Very nice looking Beta! I like to use Maxima mlt 75 w oil In my Beta.
  15. broncobowsher

broncobowsher Long timer

Oddometer:
  16. agmoto

agmoto Gôremā

Oddometer:
    Brakes cleaned and bled, new tires spooned on. Basically just waiting on piston\cylinder to come in, and we'll be back in action. The bike already feels 100x better than before.

Andrew
  17. AteamNM

AteamNM Wonna Be ADVrider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Those Betas are pretty. The blue one seems to continue to hold up years later. My neighbor Dean has the same Beta and never rides it. :cry Like me I reckon. :evil
  18. joe cool

joe cool Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like a 96 with some 97 bodywork( tank piece and r. fender)
  19. DrKayak

DrKayak Retro Rider

Oddometer:
    My Techno? It's a 96 with the blue body work from a 95 then the correct 96 orange graphics over the red 95 graphics.

I got it a year ago for $1,000 and have riden it hard for a year. Looks pretty good untill you compare it to my new Rev3.

[​IMG]
  20. DocRogers

DocRogers Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Been down in the garage looking at my bikes. Too much ice in the driveway even to start them up. Meanwhile, I have bicycle projects to keep me busy.