The I LOVE THIS GUN Thread

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by HiTechRedneck, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Kurt

Kurt Long timer

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qGH8Af9Hdb0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  2. VegasKLRider

VegasKLRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    So I broke down and bought a Beretta Nano a couple of weeks ago. It is an ungainly looking thing, and only a single stack to boot. I bought it to replace my wife's GLOCK 26 for purse carry. She is a Beretta fan-girl, so I figured that she would like it. She is okay with the style, but she hated the trigger. It is long and breaks about 7#. The GLOCK stayed in her purse, and the Beretta was almost relegated to safe queen/ trade status until I took it out to play.

The trigger took a couple of mags to master, but I figured it out. The sights are low profile but easy to use. I was reliably making hits on a 6" plates at 20+ yards in short order, and the recoil was mild. I shot 250 rounds in a session and the only painful part was loading the 6 round mags over and over again....

The best part of the Nano is that it is truly a "back pocket" gun for me. I prefer to carry a gun in my back pocket and the Nano fits my pocket perfectly- laying flat and not peeking out over the top. I made a black suede wallet holster with a flap to hide the sights that prints exactly like a wallet. I love the fact that I can have 7 rounds of 147 gr +P 9mm in the space where I would typically only be able to carry 7 rounds of .380 or .32.
  3. Boondoggle

Boondoggle Nihilism Matters!

Oddometer:

I picked up a Crossbreed Supertuck, and I will say that the LC9 is as close to invisible as you can get, even under a tucked-in dress shirt.

For that, I'm willing to "work" a little at learning to shoot it.
  4. CodyY

CodyY ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer:
    Except it's a Taurus.
  5. RuggedExposure

RuggedExposure Now with more rugged

Oddometer:
    Speaking of shooting pumpkins... A past october I took the wife out to blow up pumpkins. Took the 24" AR I built.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    She was pretty proud about blasting the pumpkin at 200yds, so I gave her a challenge- a Master lock @ 100yds

[​IMG]

Check out the muzzle blast sturring up the dust and the brass flying
    [​IMG]

She got the lock body with the first shot then the hoop with the 2nd.
    [​IMG]

24" AR-15
    Colt HBAR bbl
    Bushmaster upper/lower
    [​IMG]
  6. acesandeights

acesandeights Noob

Oddometer:
    Yeah, uh, the muzzle whatever, yeah, that's what I'm noticing.
  7. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    +1

I bought my wife a Nano back in April. She found it a little difficult to conceal, but has no problems purse carrying it. Here's the good part though.

The Nano costs about half of what my Kimber Solo costs. I took it out the day I got it, and it took me about three mags to sort out the trigger. Once I did, I found myself grouping the Nano the same as my Solo. The Nano isn't as finicky on ammo either, and it points well. The only reason I give the nod to my Kimber Solo is that it carries better for me. However, if I had to do it again, I'd buy a Nano over a Solo for half the price and make do with the blocky design.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. Mr Weebles

Mr Weebles Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll second the Crossbreed Supertuck.

I bought one of these for my S&W 5906 a few months ago. It's the best holster I've ever owned. Pick up one of their belts as well. It makes all the difference in the world.

As a bigger guy myself, IWB holsters can be a pain but the Supertuck is amazing. The only thing you might have to do is buy your pants one size larger. Fortunately, I've lost 45 pounds since May so I didn't have to replace all my clothes.
  9. AZbiker

AZbiker Say hi to the bad guy

Oddometer:
    Dat bore axis on the Nano...ouch.
  10. RidingDonkeys

Oddometer:
    That's what I thought until I shot it. Recoil is negligible at worst.
  11. AZbiker

Oddometer:
    That's good, because it almost looks like a chopped Hi-Point. :lol3
  12. AZbiker

Oddometer:
    Looks alot like my Comp-Tac MTAC. Don't really dig the Christian symbols all over it, but it's available in horsehide which is pretty cool.

I agree about the belt. My Wilderness Instructor CSM really stabilized my EDC rig. IMHO the belt is more important than the holster, especially for carrying a full size handgun.
  13. RidingDonkeys

Oddometer:
    The Nano is ugly. My wife hated it until she shot it. She was still drooling over a Sig 238, but we both wanted her carrying something with a little more stopping power than a .380. Comparatively, the Sig is much "prettier" than the Nano. But the Nano shoots well, and can be had for under $400 almost anywhere. The recoil is right on with a Glock 26. For her, the Nano was easier to hold that the 26, so she felt the Nano actually kicked less.
  14. Fire Escape

Fire Escape Long timer

Oddometer:
    No specific gun here, just got back from a private gravel pit having spent a few hours with a friend and his 10 yoa son. When we began the son had only ever shot his 22lr Savage a few hundred times. By (late) lunch time he had sampled a heavy .223 bolt gun, .45LC single action Ruger, .45 Winchester 94 Trapper and dad's duty M-4. To say that he had fun would be a huge understatement. I have helped out at our club's 'Youth Shoot' days the last few months and much like today, it's hard to put into words how great it feels to see a youngster learning and having fun like this. Not so many years ago, all kids got to spend some time this way, now not so much and in the future...who knows? Just a reminder that when you have a chance, TAKE A KID SHOOTING!

Now back to our latest and greatest favorites, I am enjoying the new Sig P250C (.45), but haven't shot it enough to be very good with the double action only trigger.

Bruce
  15. lewismedlock

lewismedlock Follower

Oddometer:
    I bought this S&W 34-1 from a pawn shop in Albuquerque about 25 years ago. Like most new toys, I shot it a lot when it was new to me. Then for years it was used very little while I played with newer, bigger toys.

Lately, I've been taking it with me every opportunity I get. It's a joy to shoot and the more proficient I become with it, the more I enjoy it

[​IMG]
  16. fyrfytr

fyrfytr B.U.F.F.

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

I brought this home today. It's a Fazakerly dated 5/46 with a two digit serial number, and overall in very good shape. Really makes me want to slap the moran who drilled the receiver.
  17. Island Rider

Island Rider solo adventurer

Oddometer:
    My wife wanted a "pretty gun" Here is what I put together for a reasonable dollar amount. She wanted it engraved until I told her how much that would cost:rofl:rofl Ruger Single Six 22cal circa 1975. I added the pewter grips and the stainless cylinder.
    [​IMG]
  18. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Well, I finally got a 9mm carbine to plink with. Hi Point 995TS, $299 OTD and so far it works really well with just the stock sights. Bad day to try and shoot video as it's cold and windy but here is my best job just to get something together quick.:rolleyes

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MGDOLzzQc8A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  19. Signal

Signal it's such a fine line between stupid and clever

Oddometer:
    Like the grips- a couple questions:

Are they "cold" :lol3 ?
    Custom or pre fab from somewhere?
  20. Island Rider

Island Rider solo adventurer

Oddometer:
    The pewter grips actually warm up quite quickly. I bought them from Cypress Collectibles on Ebay. They also have gold plated, but I was going for the old world bling not gansta bling:lol3