Craig's Thread

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by Bloodweiser, Feb 9, 2009.

1. blaine.hale

blaine.hale Long timer

Oddometer:

I think he just accidentally added an extra zero. No harm, as 3800 is a reasonable price for a toaster. Very reasonable at that mileage.
  2. Transpomgr

Transpomgr Adventurer

Oddometer:
  3. Kt-88

Kt-88 I like everything.

Oddometer:
  4. thumpism

thumpism Between bikes

Oddometer:
    Hell, he deserves fifty bucks for the pleasure we derive from reading his ad.
  5. melville

melville Long timer

Oddometer:
  6. thumpism

thumpism Between bikes

Oddometer:
    This guy went past me in traffic the other day. *EDIT* I think that's the Super Sport fairing (like the later CBX used) and not the Interstate version.

http://richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/3905905990.html

1983 Honda VF750S Sabre - $2100 (Richmond, VA) <SECTION class=userbody><FIGURE class=iw>
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    </FIGURE><SECTION id=postingbody>The Sabre was introduced in 1982 by Honda as one of its early electronic bikes. It has the same engine as the Magna and Interceptor of that period but was intended as a touring bike; it features an upright riding position. If you do your research you'll learn that the first generation Honda VF engine had a design flaw that generated insufficient oil flow to the cylinder heads when the bike was running for extended periods under 4000 rpm. The Sabre for sale here has been retrofitted with a kit that corrects that problem.

I love this bike. I bought it in spring 2011 and it was my first "big" bike. I've traveled all over the mid-Atlantic on it, and I just took it out to Ohio two weeks ago. It's never let me down. I'm selling because I'm planning a cross-country trip and as reliable as this bike has been, it's probably not a great idea to try that on a 30-year-old motorcycle.

It has some cosmetic wear but looks pretty good. It usually starts on the first try. I have some spare parts I will throw in, including a new windshield for the fairing. (The windshield on the bike now is serviceable but showing its age.) Also part of the package is a bolt-on rear luggage rack that I attach on long trips.

The Sabre has 19,129 miles on the odometer. It's been garage kept as long as I've owned it, and I believe previous owners did the same.

I'd prefer email but you can call me at (804) 410-4338 if you're interested.
  7. epb

epb Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Darn near every one of these I've seen as been a project, until this one:

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/3872386200.html

[​IMG]

"Here is a pristine 1978 Honda CX500 with 10,000 miles. There is nothing needed to be done to this bike. I just had it serviced to replace the stator also I've gotten a tune up last fall. The engine is strong and others like it have seen 200,000 miles. I have many parts for the bike and a service manual. This bike is always stored in the garage and is ready for riding this summer. This bike is shaft driven and rides like a BMW. There is cruise control on this bike, making it perfect for cruising to any destination. This bike can ideally be used for café racing or cruising from a hot spot to a cold drink. I just installed a new gas tank and the bike is a head turner at bike shows. I have yet to see anyone with my bike on the road. Please email me or call me at (4 one 4) 7 three 7, 1 five 77 for any more questions. P.S The pictures are right before I put the new tank on."
  8. McJamie

McJamie STROMINATOR

Oddometer:
  9. Skidmarkart

Skidmarkart Dirty Middle Age Man Supporter

Oddometer:
  10. thumpism

thumpism Between bikes

Oddometer:
    Already gone. That's the reason to copy and paste the ad text and photos into your post in addition to the link, so we can see 'em even if it's too late. What was it? I may be glad I'm too late.
  11. Disston

Disston ShadeTreeExpert

Oddometer:
    It was a Z1. I think may have even been first year. Was early if not first. And price was $1000, I think. Had a torn seat so you wouldn't have wanted it. :freaky
  12. thumpism

thumpism Between bikes

Oddometer:
    Yep, definitely would not have wanted an original first-year Z1 for a grand if it had a torn seat. Thanks for saving me from that one.
  13. hardwaregrrl

hardwaregrrl Can't shoot straight Supporter

Oddometer:
  14. mwood7800

mwood7800 Banned

Oddometer:
  15. Disston

Disston ShadeTreeExpert

Oddometer:
    This would more properly belong in Jo Momma, The purpose of the Craig's List is to show good deals and sometimes bad ones but not really the obnoxious non deals. It wasn't even funny.
  16. mwood7800

mwood7800 Banned

Oddometer:
    It's not u is it, if so please let me be the first to apologize.
  17. Disston

Disston ShadeTreeExpert

Oddometer:
    How did you know? (now you're being funny)
  18. thumpism

thumpism Between bikes

Oddometer:
    http://richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/3911824754.html

1982 Honda CX-500TC Turbo Motorcycle for Parts or Restoration - $825 (Fredericksburg) <SECTION class=userbody><FIGURE class=iw>
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    </FIGURE><SECTION id=postingbody>This post is for a 1982 Honda CX500TC Turbo Motorcycle (VERY RARE BIKE!). It can be used for Parts or a Restoration / Custom project. Lots of good parts. This was a running riding bike (I have ridden it!) that the previous owner used it to repair his other racing Turbo bike after he had laid it down!? He liked the racing one better. I bought it from him with the intensions of restoring it and never got around to it! Please look at the pictures that I have included, What you see is what you get. The motorcycle's engine, injection, turbo and electronics are all complete. This bike was NOT wrecked! The wheels and tires are good and comes with a clear title! You could even part this out on eBay and make some money... Just a good turbo for this bike sells for $500+!
    If interested just call 540-322-1584
  19. thumpism

thumpism Between bikes

Oddometer:
    http://richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/3874830512.html

Yamaha rd 400 cafe 2 stroke moped - $1700 (VB) <SECTION class=userbody><FIGURE class=iw>
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    </FIGURE><SECTION id=postingbody>Fast, loud and a blast to ride.
    Two stroke 400cc

6 speed trans
    Front/ rear disc brakes. Rear has a froze caliper piston (about an hour worth of work to fix)
    Rear brake light switch is not working ($16 for the part, 30 minutes to fix)

Lower than stock bars
    Moto carrera rear sets ($325 new)
    DG exhaust system ($300+new)
    Moto carrera cafe/tracker seat ($200+new)
    Professionally rebuilt top end 1st oversize ($300)
    Tires are like new

Have stock foot pegs/controls/ seat

20k on the bike maybe 200 miles on the new top end. Barely broke in.
    Starts first few kicks.
    oil injection has been deleted

terrible picture of my bike , second is a stock version
    I've got the stock seat for mine also.

Email if interested. If I don't respond, I think you are a scammer so try again.
  20. Skowinski

Skowinski opposable thumbs

Oddometer:
    This might be a good deal for someone.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/mcy/3914757463.html

[​IMG]
    For sale my 1975 Honda CB400F
    Bike is 80% complete But I have no time to do the rest.
    Carbs have been cleaned and installed. Wheels and tires mounted, tank and side covers painted in Original blue. Decals not installed yet. New seat cover, engine turns perfectly. only 26.000 miles in odometer.
    Need to install headlight, hook up carb cables, grips and handlebar controls, odometer and tach, tank, seat and front fender.
    All these parts come with the bike. Clean Nevada Tittle.
    This bike is worth over $4,000 once is complete.
    Low ballers do not bother!!! No trades either! Only Cash!!