Insert clever airhead based title here ....

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by planktonnn, Aug 25, 2009.

?

I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...

1. Nice?

43 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. Nasty?

51 vote(s)
    17.4%
  3. Nasty but nice?

205 vote(s)
    70.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. planktonnn

planktonnn .also, i am a tw@rt

Oddometer:
  2. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  3. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  4. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    Hi Lornce, unfortunately a systemic error on my computer causes me to be unable to run youtube videos (they play for a few seconds then fault out) so I've yet to get to a machine where I can view this one, but thanks anyway. Hope all is well :1drink
  5. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  6. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  7. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    http://theselvedgeyard.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/elspeth-beard-bmw-motorcycle.jpg?w=600&h=800

"Three decades ago, 24 year old architecture student, Elspeth Beard, set out to ride her bike around the world– a trek that would take 3 years and over 48K miles. The young Englishwoman, who’d been riding since she was just 16 yrs old, had already taken a few solo journeys to Scotland and Ireland– and now was ready to take on more before she finished school and settled down into a career."

http://theselvedgeyard.wordpress.co...und-the-world-elspeth-beard-on-her-bmw-r-606/

Article @ http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/features/122_0705_elspeth_beard/viewall.html
  8. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    I will be starting a crowd-sourced funding drive to take out a hit on myself - Please give generously...
  9. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  10. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  11. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  12. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  13. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  14. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    My Thought Processes...

[​IMG]
    Attribution unknown.
  15. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  16. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  17. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  18. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  19. planktonnn

Oddometer:

[​IMG]
    A token picture of a motosickle drive-shaft component, so as to appear on-topic.

Ok, so there’s me & Kaley Cuoco & Lucy Liu and an icy pitcher of Barbados Rum Punch and things are going just fine… No, really sorry, that’s not the truth. That’s just a hook line to get you tied in & listening. What I’m really going to talk about is how peeple might be said to fail in playing the necessary role of ‘An alert & Knowledgeable Citizenry’.

Sorry.

So… why do them peeple there become outraged by the apparent acts of a single family as fed to them by a harnessed media* when the problems that face them (them peeple there) each and every day come from other places altogether, from other peeple elsewhere. Not from their own bad or good neighbourhood; Not from the worse neighbourhood across town; Not from the local or national or international authorities; Not from Commerce or Communism; Not even from those ‘Groups of Faceless Persons In Smoky Rooms That Really Run Everything’ they’ve seen (them peeple there) in them there X Files and the like.

But, it is suggested, the problems instead perhaps arise from the way we treat each-other and the ‘lives’ we lead, or are led into.

I don’t need to tell you that this sponger stuff is of course a simple device to distract the masses into blaming each other. It’s like Citizen Control 1.01… But still it works every time. It’s not like it’s a complex strategy, hell it’s even used in Arnies Total Recall**, you know the bit where the freedom fighters do some freedom fighting, and then to their chagrin the News reports it all askew & crooked? Or is that in Robocop? Or indeed in both. Either way it’s not like I’m talking about some obscure Greco-Roman/Pre-Zoroastrian concept that hasn’t already been so often blatantly waved in the faces of the current masses (them peeple there) in their own popular konsumed kulture.

So… I’m not saying I know any better, or am any better, or that what the family in question is said to be doing is something that shouldn’t be brought into debate, or that working people shouldn’t be upset when they’re slogging their asses off to finance a ridiculously inflated cost of living, in which they are trapped, or in which they trap themselves. But I am raising two questions: What social &/or moral conditions bring about such 'sponging' behaviour in the ‘Under Class’?, and why are we (them peeple there, me, and you, yes you there sukka) so easily distracted from asking the right questions by this divisive mind-wank*** when the reasons for our daily troubles & the covert simile of slavery we live lay far beyond the actions of this one family and their ilk.

But then I guess this families apparent parasitical circumstance is something the peeple (them peeple there) can see & understand, something they might live amongst, something tangible. But the sources of the peeples troubles are distant and indescribable, and in the absence of digestible explanations of the socio-political roots of the troubles they face in their everyday lives then such scape-goating**** no doubt suffices to vent the righteous communal spleen***** The bulk of commenters seem to support the idea of limiting the ‘Under Class’ to two ‘Paid For’ children and in a sense I can understand their frustration, what with the sacrifices they have to make, their hopelessness and the endless early mornings resultant from the drudgery that is Work. I guess, in a sense of full disclosure, I would say that I have three children, and though of course I love them all, the second pregnancy produced twins – So where do we (us peeple here in my Family) stand in this? Now for what it’s worth, I financially support those children in every way I can, and yes, some of that support comes from the years of enormous Tax/National Insurance deductions I paid monthly in all that period where I was earning £37,000+… So should one of them go hungry?

But to discuss this further, and with any meaning, one would need to delve into the reasons why a welfare state was established after the 2nd World War – Into the causes of a 20th century dominated by massive mechanised warfare and a 21st century where War = Profit; Into the millions upon millions of individual sacrifices made, the graves of whom our ‘Leaders’ piss on every day; Into how the mass population had to be bought off with a Social Safety Net in the late 1940’s in order to avoid a world revolution driven by the expanded conciousness & empowering ire & camaraderie of the returning troops; Into how the 1st World War was started, not by a single assassination, but by a hunger for oil & power and the suggestion of a Baghdad to Berlin railway; And was ended, not by the apparent ‘Beating of The Hun’, but by the urgent need to send the German troops home to quell an imminent popular uprising, which, it was feared, would lead to a collapse of the Great European Dynasties & their (unjust) Empires; And how such a collapse was intentionally brought about by the 2nd Great War - That’s before we even get into the subsequent establishment of what is popularly described as The New World Order and what even Eisenhower portrayed as The Military Industrial Complex, the logical conclusion of which is the recently discussed NSA/Worldwide Superstate (as if we didn’t know that was going on); That’s even before we touch upon the erosion of illusionary historical freedoms & customary rights, the imposition of a societal order which denies the existence of ‘Another Way To Live’ etc. ad inf.

I could go on, but this produces no condensed clarification of why we are where we are, no digestible explanation of the socio-political roots of the troubles they (them peeple there) face in their everyday lives.

So… In the end it’s so much simpler for the semi scum (I do not exclude myself from this bracket) to point at the scum beneath and vilify them(selves), and I can’t say I could in good conscience censure the peeple (them peeple there) for doing that, but I wish they (them peeple there) saw & asked & understood so much more, because then something might change… But it won’t. It won’t until we (all us peeple here & everywhere and yes you sukkas too) are driven to communal mutiny by something as simple & uniting as the total collapse of the food supply. And then, eventually, when the army are ordered to ballistically knock us into our place they might hopefully choose to refuse******, and then we the peeple might reach towards becoming free-minded enough to see that we are perhaps not so much different from each other after all, at least in that we are all being shafted…

And so… You see one of the reason-sets at the root of why I’m fucked off, and have fitted my humble rumbling DMW with a petite bumper sticker which, on close examination, reads “I’d Rather Be Dying”?

* In this case the Daily Mail, ‘the thinking persons Sun’
    ** Of course, derived from the paranoiacs friend PK Dick.
    *** I’m so very pleased to see this phrase seems to be un-flagged by the MS Word dictionary.
    **** I once sat in a local authority meeting regarding a certain problem in which the colleague in question commented that ‘I am not going to be made the Space-Goat for this.’
    ***** Apologies to pjcr12 for this rampant Spleenism. You strange regulars will understand his potential upset, but for those that don’t know he had his spleen stolen. Rest assured I have posted him a virtual one and he in kind return has promised to put me in touch with one Fred Hollowpoint, the celebrated Lobotomy Opportunist. Perhaps he might share a likeness if all you lurkers asked nicely?
    ****** They won’t, unless they act as did the Cossacks.

NB: It's not that I necessarily believe any of this. I understand the phrase to be Just Sayin'.
  20. planktonnn

Oddometer: