The BMW HP2 Megamoto thread.

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Joe Bar, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Magician

Magician never easy...

Oddometer:
    Thanx!
    But if someone could be so kind and tell me how to upload pics/videos directly?!
    Does´nt work with the insert image icon...
    Take care!
    Gunter
  2. scooterspirit

scooterspirit DaddyGeneralSir

Oddometer:
    <embed src='http://img9.imageshack.us/flvplayer.swf?f=Pqrklgfabpthvzbwffinuyi' width='640' height='380' allowFullScreen='true' wmode='transparent' type='application/x-shockwave-flash'/><br>Uploaded with <a target='_blank' href='http://imageshack.us'>ImageShack.us</a>
    you have to use the embed link for videos and paste it directly into your post.
    for photos you have to select the copy image location command and paste that address into the insert image box.
  3. Magician

Magician never easy...

Oddometer:
    Thank you Sooterspirit!
    So let´s try, if it works!

<embed src='http://img580.imageshack.us/flvplayer.swf?f=Pkfsghztlpeugpbobudzawt' width='640' height='380' allowFullScreen='true' wmode='transparent' type='application/x-shockwave-flash'/><br>Uploaded with <a target='_blank' href='http://imageshack.us'>ImageShack.us</a>
  4. Macroenie

Macroenie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great vids! Which also means I am not worthy...:D

Please elaborate more on your technique. [edit] I think I hear a clutch technique [/edit]

Cheers
  5. hillbillypolack

hillbillypolack Grumpy Old Goat

Oddometer:
    Late in the season I know, but I'd just been running in some miles on the MM after a difficult summer. Unfortunately I had the fuel pump fail on me (covered under warranty), as well as radial cracks in the pump cover where the quick disconnect lines screw in. The new cover is made by Continental and has steel threads (similar to screw inserts or bosses).

After baselining the suspension and adapting Macfly's settings linked here.

Let's just say that it's firm, but not as bone-shaking stiff as the standard settings. Had a great afternoon warping the edges of the tires but the front still feels less than planted so I may raise the forks through the triples for a bit more front end feel.

Still feels great every time I get a chance to throw a leg over, and came home feeling like a superhero. Fantastic bike. . . even superior in many aspects compared to the 2012 GS in the garage. Yes, even including the engine, and especially the transmission.
  6. ViperJustin

ViperJustin Retired HH60G Gunner

Oddometer:
    Speaking of weather, it's finally dropping below 100 around here. I haven't ridden the poor thing in months : (. But I finally have some time coming up to ride. Also, a friend and I want to ride the entire highway 101/1 next May. So no matter what happens from now until then, I'll be keeping the MM around.
  7. fixinbones

fixinbones Tarmac Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Still missing my MM!
  8. hillbillypolack

Oddometer:

Hate to say I told ya so. . . . .but I did.

I don't know how to explain it, but the hexhead in MM tune is by far better than the camhead 2012 GS engine. Spins up faster, bottomless torque where you need it, and of course far lighter.

BTW, did you follow up on that cherry one that was listed on the east coast not long ago?
  9. fixinbones

Oddometer:
    Nope, never got around to it. I'm actually thinking about a Diavel now.
  10. hankgs

hankgs Long timer

Oddometer:
    Let me know when you are out in So Cal; I would like to ride a couple hundred mi with you guys on HWY 1 and have a MegaMoto motard!!! :ear
  11. ViperJustin

Oddometer:
    Definitely. My buddy and I plan to do the entire coastline: Olympia to Los Angeles this May. Its still a long ways out, but it'll be his first real motorcycle trip and my second. On my first trip, I only got up to Northern California (going North). Highway 36 is quite possibly the most fun road I've ever been on. That took up an entire day of riding (back and forth twice). So this time, I want to complete the whole thing. I'll do my best to put up a ride report.
  12. hillbillypolack

Oddometer:

I'd love to hear your take on it if you test ride one. It looks interesting, certainly no lack of power. Fit and finish on the Multi and Diavel are very nice. Haven't ridden one myself, but from what I hear they ride sportier than the 'cruiser' they appear to be.
  13. bingbong

bingbong Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Treat yourself to a test ride when you can,they are both fantastic to ride, but the Diavel has some kind of instant go that is intoxicating. Although I have opted for the multi as it is a bit more versatile for an only bike.
  14. fixinbones

Oddometer:
    Be taking one out Saturday
  15. ViperJustin

Oddometer:
    Weather permitting, I'll be taking my first ride in months! But if it's too windy, I'll stay around Vegas! I'm actually quite excited! I'll try to take some pics.
  16. ViperJustin

Oddometer:
    No pics, but I rode about 200 miles last Tuesday. It was nice getting back out there again. Unfortunately, I seem to have a fuel leak somewhere near the pump or where the line goes into the back of the tank. Was there a recall on something similar to this or am I day dreaming?
  17. GSMarc

GSMarc Long timer

Oddometer:
    I never heard fuel leak problems.
    If you think loosing fuel because to did only few miles before 'reserve' light coming in, you can do is :
    - fill in your tank 100% ;
    - set daily counter to zero ;
    - run until empty tank ;
    - check real miles done with the full tank.

I did it myself : 247 km = 153 miles

I don't always trust the fuel display, I prefer tke km one
  18. ViperJustin

Oddometer:
    I should have added that I smell fuel near the rear of the tank. I'm going to have it looked at as soon as I can get it in.
  19. hillbillypolack

Oddometer:

I'll lay $20 you have cracks around the quick disconnects. It's a common problem and I had that very same issue on the MM. Turns out the original cover was a Siemens part no., which is now replaced by a Continental part no. I'd be surprised if it wasn't covered, as its fuel related and should be warrantied for 5 years from purchase.

Here is the area of concern:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the new unit with reinforced (steel) threads:

[​IMG]
  20. Andras

Andras Horse Rider

Oddometer:
    Hello Guys!

I'm from Hungary and new here, and unfortunatelly why I'm here now is my crashed Megamoto. So... I need your help. I've got the proposal of the local BMW dealer, but the price is more than 3.300Euro. I've got a long list, but the most expensive parts are the dashboard, headlight, switch on the left wheel and all the stuff there like clutch arm. And of course left valve cover... There are some more I do not know them english name, but of course I have the product numbers.
    Do you have any idea where I can get these stuff cheaper...?

Thanks,
    Andras