2013 + Honda CB1100

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by cabanza, Aug 24, 2012.

1. jamboa

jamboa jamboa

Oddometer:
    I love the blacked out version which we don't get!
  2. Tripl Nikl

Tripl Nikl Long timer

Oddometer:
    How much could it possibly cost to get a tank and side covers painted? No body work, removed from the bike? That'd be a super simple job for some company.

In the meantime, for a few bucks, a person could try gloss black vinyl or Plasti-Dip'ing the parts. Again, removed, a shop would likely do it for a very fair price.

Here's an example of a wrapped BMW cafe racer: http://madwraps.wordpress.com/2011/06/22/oris-vintage-bmw-cafe-racer/

[​IMG]

Is it as nice as brand new paint? Of course not. However--comma--one could change the color every few years for a refreshed looked and guess what's under that wrap? Perfect OEM paint.

Maybe something in blue... ?

[​IMG]
  3. jnor

jnor Been here awhile

Oddometer:

+1 on the helmet guardian.......
  4. M3-SRT8

M3-SRT8 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes. You can have any color you want - so long as it's Candy Apple Red.

There's something familiar about those words...
  5. The other Ferret

The other Ferret Motorcycle nut

Oddometer:
    Lol..I hope you get yours soon M3-SRT8. Got to be tough waiting with everyone getting theirs and writing reviews
  6. Guth

Guth Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ironically, I'm sure I would have chosen the candy red regardless if they also offered us the white or black versions. I have seen photos of the bike in a very dark candy blue that is very attractive as well.
  7. Gas Hog

Gas Hog Two Wheel Fanatic

Oddometer:
  8. Guth

Guth Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Talk of the helmet guardian reminded me that one of the few rather cheesy components on the CB1100 is the rear tail light mount (in my opinion at least). How well does that piece of plastic seem to hold up when you suspend a couple of helmets from it?
  9. Oldgoat01

Oldgoat01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I looked long and hard at the ST last fall, took multiple test rides on the bike as it was my favorite of the large adv style bikes. The ST feels gigantic compared to the CB11. Being 6' I had no problem with the height of the ST; however, the CB is a much sportier position and probably closer to the Tiger. Raising up on the pegs of the ST is natural, not so much so with the CB. I don't think you would want to stand up for any distance on the CB. The ergos are different in large part due to the mission of the bike. My decision to go with the CB was based on a reassessment of where and how I was really going to use the bike.
  10. The other Ferret

Oddometer:

Guth..i have only hung one on it so far, but it looked to me that it was bolted to a metal bracket that was bolted to the rear fender thru some rubber bushings. The plastic tail light bracket also uses those bolts to attach to the fender. I dont think its going to be an issue, but I will keep an eye on it. You dont ride with a helmet hanging on there, you just hang it there while parked.
  11. Scoobynut

Scoobynut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    dd50, yes the ST is pretty much as described by Oldgoat. Taller guys would get along great on the Yamaha. At 5'10", I have to have the seat in the low setting to get my feet down securely. In the low setting, I've found that the pegs, believe it or not, are a little too high and hard on my knees for 500+ mile days, so I will be buying adjustable footpegs soon. The bars were also a bit too much of a reach with the stock setup. I've added 3/4" risers and rotated the bars back a bit to help with the reach. Despite all the above, it really is a comfortable bike for long rides, and is surprisingly good off-road for such a big beast. I also like how you get a good view of traffic up on your 'perch' on this bike. I find myself at eye-level to oncoming 4x4 trucks. Guys on cruisers are so far below my eye level I think of them as leather-clad Shriners on mini-bikes. :evil

In other news, we got 2 feet of snow this weekend. It's going to be a while yet before I can pick up the CB. Grrrrr.
  12. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:

I've never really considered wrapping a tank cause I think I assumed it would be too curvy to do nicely, but now that you brought it up I think that's the smart way to go, that way it stays original underneath, and it even provides protection for the paint. I'd guess the prices or wrapping and painting are probably similar.
  13. svs

svs Posts too much... Supporter

Oddometer:
    I started another thread not seeing this one...Was out this weekend and saw a Band New CB 1100 and very much like the bike.. UJM and the style of Bike most of us grew up with.

Some Pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pEvyoHHnIo4" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
  14. The other Ferret

Oddometer:
    I take it that it belonged to the gray haired dude in the black leather and jeans?

He looks like he could be one of us. :lol3
  15. kraven

kraven GoPro Anti-Hero Supporter

Oddometer:
    For trivia buffs: the one sitting at the local dealer is #226.
    JSYK.:D
  16. tlm

tlm Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ortega Highway??
  17. svs

Oddometer:

Yup, Stopped at The Lookout... Been riding and driving up there since I was teenager...

[​IMG]

Yup... Riders in their 50 plus range...It's awesome... The guy in the Honda gear was on the VFR... the CB1100 rider gave up a Harley to get the Honda...Wants to add a windshield to get some wind relief, maybe side bags and he'll be good to go...
  18. The other Ferret

Oddometer:

Wow, look at the view from the deck. That looks like an awesome place to stop for a bite and cool one.
  19. svs

Oddometer:

The Lookout has been there since 1968.....Ortega Highway, with the town of and Lake Elsinore below...Us So Cal riders know it all too well. Learned many'a good lessons on that road, some by the hard learned method.

[​IMG]
  20. dirtdreamer50

dirtdreamer50 long time rider

Oddometer:
    Great pic. Thanks for sharing. tp