Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Very funny!

Actually, I'm not laughing. In all seriousness, I could probably poke 50% of my remaining teeth out with my tongue - IF - I had the gnads to do so and didn't want to deprive my dentist of putting in that second swimming pool, or farkle for a GS.

Lord knows, and I pray that none of you ever have to go through this. The very thought of what lays before me scares me to death. If I lived in WV (like I really wanted to do), it would be an everyday occurrence and we'd all look the same.

Enough of that...........

2. higworld

higworld Cheeseburger in Paradise

Oddometer:
    Sorry, I certainly wasn't trying to make fun of a bad situation. Sometimes my humor goes too far.

I went through something similar a few years back, although not to this degree. I've had a long time fear/dislike of dentists (and it showed). After lots of $$ and "discomfort", I learned maintenance is better than repair.

I hope it all turns out well for you. I'm sure Greg can help with whatever questions/issues you may have. Let us know what (if anything) we can do.

- Rick
  3. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    No problem Rick. With my owns sick sense of humor, I can certainly appreciate what you were saying...... NOT to imply that you are "sick." :lol3

Well, maybe.......................

After my initial "quad" surgery to try and arrest the problem, I was on a meticulous maintenance routine for close to 25 years. Even with all of that, I occasionally had (painful) infections set in.... usually after a thorough procedure of the cleaning by my dentist at the time.

A few years ago (8??), I finally said fook it. I've paid all this money over the years, and for what? Gonna let nature take it's course and we'll deal with the consequences later - whatever they may be.

As anticipated, it has.... but now it's time to cross the Rubicon... and we're gonna have to move forward from here.

I have a pretty high threshold of pain, but quite frankly, the future procedure (whatever it entails) scares the shit out of me. I'll find out all of that after I talk with Greg.

In the interim, I'm going out to dinner tonight with my lovely wife and daughter. Regardless of all the other 'stuff," I'm gonna enjoy it.

4. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    Guy, we've chatted in pm about dental stuff and my recent dental surgery was painless. Nothing like the old days.:D

Maybe you can make a pair of these on your Bridgeport?:evil:D:1drink

[​IMG]
  5. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    So what are the riding plans for tomorrow? :ear
  6. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    yes....
  7. Charles

Charles Formerly known as Dr Whipit Supporter

Oddometer:
    How do we know that the toothbrush was invented in WV?

If it had been invented anywhere else, it would be called a teethbrush.

:lol3
  8. skychs

skychs chuck smith Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mickey is still up for a ride. I think he's more interested in a long ride but may be open for suggestions. I got the GS put back together tonight and back on the road but Im not sure it would be wise to test my wrenching skills on a long ride. I still need to set the suspension and finish up the wiring.

If you guys get something together I will hang out as long as I can.

Anyone interested in a spirited 56 Montebella loop?
  9. MADSTROM

MADSTROM Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just happened to think ... we could do an RTE to the Mountain View Market & Retaurant in Lowesville via Rte56:ricky?:dg:ricky
  10. skychs

skychs chuck smith Supporter

Oddometer:
    Id be up for that. Meeting place? Time? Some of the guys are coming from the east side..... Let us know.
  11. MADSTROM

MADSTROM Long timer

Oddometer:
  12. DirtDoctor

DirtDoctor Long timer

Oddometer:
    Enjoyed the food and fun at the RTE today.

I'm making Baklava for the Holiday's in the am at 9:30 and probably going to do a short ride in the afternoon with my "noob rider" brother after we're all done cooking. Ya'll be safe and have fun.

Guy, call me and we can find a solution for you that I believe will be a great relief and probably easier than you might imagine.
  13. Michhub

Oddometer:
    I'll make a run tomorrow but not out 60/56.........sorry guys...
  14. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm a little burnt on 56 too. What else ya got?
  15. toddzacker

toddzacker Just the Shame

Oddometer:
    Greg,
    I there is anything I can do to help with Guys case I will. Just call me with your thoughts.

By the way we love Baklava;-)
  16. Michhub

Oddometer:

After one cup of coffee I'm still not feeling motivated..... :*sip*
  17. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    Same here. Too much :freaky
  18. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Will do, and thanks.

I love Baklava. John's wife used to make it when they ran the Mr. Sub there at Malvern and Broad. Always had a plate on the counter. That stuff was so laden down with honey it'd run down your hand/wrist/arm when you were trying to eat it. Dang that stuff was good. :dg

19. Michhub

Oddometer:
    Nothing big today....fired up the 'Ol XR with a new battery and took it for a spin to top off the tank and add Stabil.
    Then headed out towards West Point for some wandering around....
    <iframe src="https://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/2274288170_Z2RhWCq?width=640&height=360&albumId=12842372&albumKey=mTp5ft" frameborder="0" height="360" scrolling="no" width="640"></iframe>
  20. toddzacker

toddzacker Just the Shame

Oddometer:
    Should have called or pm'ed me...I just pittled around all day...new handle bars & front tire on the KLR...I also did the final preparation on operation"Christmas Tree"[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]