Palouse Riders

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Spaniard, Feb 23, 2009.

1. sorebutt

sorebutt Long timer

Oddometer:
    It wasn't near as nice as the weather man said it was going to be. I didn't see much sun.
  2. Mtnseker

Mtnseker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

About noon today the showers turned to drizzle and I could see a small patch of blue sky in the south. Fired up the GS and ran up to Joseph Creek. The Grande Ronde is high and Joseph Creek had flooded and washed out part of the road. Just past the old cattle ranch house I talked to a couple that was cutting fire wood. Turned out sorebutt had tried to call from their house last year when we came across the man with the self inflicted gun shot wound. I made it about 200 yards past the last the cattle guard and it became just too slimy for my comfort. I got in a lot further this year than last year at this time. The couple said 4 wheelers were making it to the Y on top so the snow is coming off fast.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
  3. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
  4. sorebutt

sorebutt Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can't believe you went riding today rather than yesterday.

I've had years when I couldn't make it to the top until June. Snow pack on the clearwater is 123% of normal. Most of the snow is pretty high.
  5. Idarider

Idarider R1200GS

Oddometer:
    I am glad some one I know got out riding.
  6. cavscout99

cavscout99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Starting to look at the calendar for the riding season. Anyone interested in the Black Dog?
    [​IMG]

It looks like it fits in my schedule. The big question I guess will be to ride there or play it safe and trailer the bike just in case I break something, me or the bike.:evil
    Here's the link: http://www.blackdogdualsport.com/bd_events.htm
  7. Mtnseker

Oddometer:

I would have preferred Saturday but I had a commitment in Spokane. Eric has been fishing above Pittsburgh Landing and said he was surprised how fast the snow has left the canyon and only visible near the top.
  8. sorebutt

sorebutt Long timer

Oddometer:

I thought about it, but in conflicts with the Wallowa ride. I'm going over with my travel trailer that Sunday and am spending the week riding.

I went to the Black Dog ride a couple of years ago when it was out of Sandpoint. It was a good ride.
  9. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    The Black Dog out of Sandpoint is a vendor this Black Dog is the long standing AMA dual sport event. Two very different events, both fun I'm sure, but different. The first caters to KTMs the second is all sorts of riff raff (my type of place).

I'm headed to Black Dog for the weekend then headed to Enterprise Sunday evening for the Jamboree.
  10. sorebutt

sorebutt Long timer

Oddometer:
    I didn't read the flier. I just saw Black Dog. I'm not sure I have the time to do both the rides.
  11. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Just do the same thing I'm doing - Go to Black Dog Fri. ride Sat. and maybe Sunday morning then head to Enterprise. Easy Peasy Although that does add a few miles to your trip.:D
  12. sorebutt

sorebutt Long timer

Oddometer:
    I guess that does make sense. Are you going to do the AA ride with me?:lol3
  13. sorebutt

sorebutt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mtseeker and I are planning a ride Sun. We are talking about Elk City. Anyone else interested?
  14. Spokan

Spokan 9.8m/s^2

Oddometer:
    Has anyone stopped by that new Motorsports shop in Palouse? If so what crowd do they cater to?
  15. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    I think I'll pass on that idea but thanks for the invite. :rofl
  16. 75monza

75monza Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes. I've been in twice to poke around. Really nice guy and fun to talk too. I was there over 30 minutes once just talking with him. He let me see what he was working on in the back. He had a partner, but the partner sort of backed out on him.

Believe it or not he is really more of a snowmobile shop. He can also hook you up with a snowbike kit (track kit) for your dirtbike. He knows a lot about sleds and the snowbikes. They have been here for a couple of years now. From what I recall, they were mainly an online company that sort of got asked to setup a store front.

He doesn't have a tire machine but he does have levers. He has a bunch of basics like fuel line and oil. Kind of this and that. He said that he could probably order some things if somebody wanted something in particular. Mainly the only bike things he really has are the things that will also work with a snowmobile.

Doesn't hurt to stop in to ask about what you need and talk with him. He might be able to help you or he might direct you somewhere else.

17. KlodHopper

KlodHopper Banned

Oddometer:

So not exactly this then? :lol3

[​IMG]
  18. cavscout99

cavscout99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gas tanks not showing up until Monday for the KLR, tried to patch the old one, no luck. Guess I'll drive up and check out the Spokane motorcycle show.
  19. Mtnseker

Oddometer:
    Sorebutt an I had a great ride to Red River and then dropped down to Elk City for lunch. Stopped in Grangeville for a few minutes to see my grandkids and then home via Nezperce and Gifford. Wouldn't have made it without our heated gear.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
  20. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Dang, look how clean Sorebutt is, he must have been behaving himself for a change.

Glad you guys had a good ride. :clap