The Rimfire Thread

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by notarex, Apr 4, 2009.

1. jeep44

jeep44 junk collector

Oddometer:
    I didn't see this until today-I got a Savage model 23A Sporter a week or so ago, and I'm going to the MAAC show here in Mich. tomorrow-I should be walking out of there with some kind of .22-I have my heart set on a Winchester 52, or a Remington 37.
  2. hutch451

hutch451 Jackwad of all Tirades

Oddometer:
    Now where have I seen that Guinness flag before, humm?:wink:
  3. NDEBT

NDEBT Long timer

Oddometer:

:thumb:beer. btw I'm all out of peanuts:deal
  4. ShadyRascal

ShadyRascal Master of None

Oddometer:

Okay, now you did it. Gotta have.
  5. ImaPoser

ImaPoser adventure imposter

Oddometer:
    I'm not one who likes to tinker and do all the mods myself. I prefer to just buy it done already. I figure to buy one, then do all the mods to it, I would be in to it for almost $800. I expect I can buy one done fairly close to how I want for around $500.
    There's one on gunbroker right now that is about a 9 outta 10 on my personal want scale. I might just buy it, change the couple of things I want and call it good, but I'm in no rush. Shopping is half the fun. :wink:
    mattoid1 likes this.
  6. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
    Glad to see this livened up. The only trouble is, I want to buy something now.
  7. Jim Z

Jim Z Honda Hornet

Oddometer:

Hey! I have one of these! I wish I could find original sights for it. Mine has a period-correct weaver scope on it. Cool, but not as fun to shoot really. My grandpa gave it to me, said my great grandpa bought it new. My dad shot it a lot as a kid.
  8. jeep44

jeep44 junk collector

Oddometer:
    The original rear sights are rare and expensive-someone long ago put a Redfield peep sight on mine,and so it will probably stay. One interesting thing about these '20s-'30s vintage Savages is that the barrel and receiver are all one piece,making them very accurate rifles.
  9. NDEBT

NDEBT Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here are a couple more of mine. The first one is kind of cheating. It was born a .45 Colt Combat Comander but I have the Kimber .22 conversion on it right now.

[​IMG]

And this is my Remington Fieldmaster 572 it is a great game getter. I've always liked the way the old remington .22's looked and felt Sorry about the crappy pics.My gun room is also my game room not the best lighting for pictures.

[​IMG]
  10. ShadyRascal

Oddometer:
    Startin to piss me off with those pictures on your shuffleboard.

:D
  11. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
    I have the same rifle without the checkering. Love it. Bought it new back in the early 70's. Shoots very accurately with open sights.
  12. NDEBT

NDEBT Long timer

Oddometer:
    The remington iron sights I always thought were the best with the "ball" on the top like on these and the speedmaster autos.
  13. NDEBT

NDEBT Long timer

Oddometer:

I won't torture you with a pic of my vintage Tornado fooseball table. Actually I would if it didn't have shit pilled on top of it because moving stuff around:lol3. come down South and I bet a nickle I'll win:D.

Anyone know anything about this little guy? A rancher gave it to me about 20 years ago for trapping some coyotes off of his land. It is what my little boy shoots now. It is a single shot lever action. Looks to be cheap made so probably not worth anything. Still a neat little gun I use it for shooting shorts around the house. It says Agwam arms made in USA on the barrel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. Denis

Denis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got this last week. Going out tomorrow to give it a go. Really like the Marlin 917VST, but wanted a pistol. Anyone done anything with the sights on Ruger? They're just plain black, anything to bring out the forward sight (visibility wise)?

Denis
  15. NDEBT

NDEBT Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've used white fingernail polish on a lot of my working guns. Not pretty put it works and it is not permanant.
  16. WI-rider

WI-rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I used white out on the rear. There should be an indentation to box in the bottom and both sides. It helps alot. I havent done anything with the front. Mine is one of those that always comes loose so I figure if it doesnt fall off, Im doing good.
  17. tony the tiger

tony the tiger Long timer

Oddometer:
    secret owner of a Parmesan cheese factory
    Haven't had a problem with the sights, but let us know how it shoots - mine don't like the hollow points, preferring round nosed lead... hollows get mashed and fail to feed ever now & again. :puke1
  18. ShadyRascal

Oddometer:
    Copy/paste from another source:

The Agawam company was a tool company that made gun parts for other gun companys. This m66 was made by them and Ithica bought the paten from them and started market the gun as the Model49.

Now show me your foosball table.
  19. milq

milq Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was a bit late...looks identical to Ithaca Model 49, my son has one and the repeater brother to it as well.

The new Henry 22 levers appear to be identical to the Ithaca repeater btw.
  20. NDEBT

NDEBT Long timer

Oddometer:

I know nothing about it. I tried to re blue it about 15 years ago. The receiver did not take I'm guessing it is aluminum or cast. The bottom tube is nothing. I'm guessing it is a catalog gun from the40's 50's.