taking on BAJA with 7 hp!!!

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by damasovi, Dec 14, 2011.

1. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    hi !!! I am getting annoy with the no side stand thing, But I have on order so 1-2 weeks it will be here so that makes it so much better.

I will enjoy, I am enjoying!!! I hope to do more ridding tomorrow and all the next 2 weeks before I go back to work

BTW, were are you from? there is nothing on your profile so fill it up!

Damasovi
  2. hexnut

hexnut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Honda has two (2) models in the 2012 line-up, the Silverwing and the Ruckus.

Any other models are left over from 2009, 2010 and 2011. And are way over priced.
  3. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hex sorry about that, I tough they still had recent models, Elite, Plx or what ever it is call...

50 cc or 650 cc? too big of a gap there.

Maybe in the future I will go for a maxi scooter, I am liking it that much!

Damasovi
  4. Cortez

Cortez BAZINGA!

Oddometer:
    We get more Hondas here in EU, but at the prices they're asking, no one
    is buying.

For the price of the Lead 110i, you can get a Scarabeo 200 or a Kymco 200,
    for the price of SH150 you can ride any 250-300cc, and for the price of
    SH300 you can ride almost any 500cc scoot.
  5. btcn

btcn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Glad Y'all enjoyin it! Great little scoot! Yea I love the simplecity of it! Carb engines are just so easy on motorcycles and scooters. Although when the sat they need rebuild but whatever. If you don't let it sit for a long long period of time, change the awl and just take care of it, I bet ya this here scoot will last you as long as you own it, cause you don't put THAT much miles on smaller scoots [with exceptions like them guys taked cross country trips on Ruckuses], so they will just go forever.

And as for Honda and Scoots in America, they gives us a big FU. Really? Now only 2 MODELS? They even cut the met? And you right I just goed to Honda USA site and they only have the Ruck 50 and Wing 600 listed for 12! WTF?

I mean a 50 cc is useless except for big citys and towns or unlicensed riders not made for 50+ MPH roads at all, and a Silverwing is too big for many of Y'all, you don't want no huge giant scooter yea the SW nice but not everyone wants a big bike, some don't even like bigger displacement bikes have mot fun on 250s for some I like big but thats me. I mean we's talkin a 551 pound bike and has a question mark about a full tank of fuel on that on Hondas site! And it only gits 46-50 MPG not overly appealing to a commuter about the same as a 1600 cc H-D, maybe some seed 55 MPG but still. Ok thats bad right? Not enouff apparently. For 2011 the SW starting price was $9,099!:eek1 Their nuts! Thats more than an American made Harley Sportster 1200, and $2,499 for a 49 CC SCOOTER!:huh That CAN'T do 50 MPH!:eek1

Let me tell Y'all, $2,499 will ser buy you a purdy nice bike on Craigslist, from a Shadow 600 to a used, yea a decent 90s Sportster, or even a mint condition Helix, or an Elite 250 just as reliable but much faster and you'll have $1,500 left! It'll take a 49 cc scooter quite some time to make up $1,500 in gas for most folks just riding 2 miles to work and some limited distance weekend riding, at 100-120 MPG vs 75-85 MPG of the 70 MPH Elite 250.

So, obviously Honda don't care about us American Bikers much, nor scooterists particularly. As they say, Honda went down with him!:cry
  6. gatling

gatling Long timer

Oddometer:
    Very nice, Damasovi. You will have a lot of fun with your new ride.

We rode our 150cc bikes all the way to Cabo and back (from San Diego) a little over a year ago and it was a hoot. Way more interesting and way more fun than doing it on the big bikes. Lots of fun. Congrats on a great buy.

Love the photos, too. Thanks for sharing.
  7. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    gatlin How did that Baja trip go? got a Ride report I can read? I have been thinking about a trip to Los Cabos, and this Honda looks like something I would do !!!

Thanks for the post

Damasovi
  8. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    So now after a week of ownership I have added a couple of mods to the Beat

first it was a rear rack that I had somewhere in the back of my closed that I once bout for my KLR, and a friend on mine has a welding shop so I ask if he could do some hwy pegs, and so he did. Here are the pictures

for with big bother KLR

[​IMG]

front pic, as yov can see despite the pegs the scooter did not gain any "wide load"

[​IMG]

inside pic

[​IMG]

rear view

[​IMG]

and the rack

[​IMG]

I hope to get a long ride tomorrow or the day after to "field test" all this goodies!

Damasovi
  9. Cortez

Cortez BAZINGA!

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  10. =retread=

=retread= freedom loving USA

Oddometer:
    nice rack ! should be able to carry a ton of stuff on that baby !
  11. Woodsrat

Woodsrat Gone ridin'

Oddometer:
    How well do the Cargo 125/150 models sell? Who buys them?
  12. gatling

gatling Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here ya go, D...

http://motofoto.cc/california_scooters_conquer_baja!.htm

[​IMG]
  13. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    they sell very well for delivery business (Domino's Pizza for example, and pharmacies that deliver). The old 125 model is the king, this year Honda has introduce a 150 cc model that I do not like since it is made in China and not in Brazil, and yes it is cheaper and comes with an electric start plus the kick and a front disk brake (unlike the 125)

they do get like 80 mpg and do 55-65 mph (the 125 model and I would guess the 150 would do easier)

they are bullet proof!

Damasovi
  14. btcn

btcn Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like them there highway pegs! Sur wish I had me a friend like that with a Wielding shop! Sur could use me some highway/crash bars and highway pegs for my Shadow!
  15. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    did I mention how much I paid? I paid for breakfast and we were even!

Damasovi
  16. elite1

elite1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's good to have friends! That rear rack is absolutely industrial! I have a hard case on mine and sometimes it just doesn't do the job.
  17. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    well I have a couple of things I have done to the BEAT.

After ridding it for about 2 minutes I notices that the mirrors would not do, so I order some replacements. The manual does not mention the sizes so first I try to put the KLR mirrors, but they were to big to I went with normal mirrors plus the 10 - 8 mm adapter and perfect fit.

here is what I got:
    [​IMG]

now with the after
    [​IMG]

I also added 2 more items, first a clock, so I can get there on time
    [​IMG]

and a small bag so I can put stuff there (like a movie or the tortillas)

[​IMG]

I think the coolest thing is that my wife ask for the keys to the scooter today!!! and she did a couple of laps around the block, and with no traffic she did great! latter she took on a real avenue with trafic. She said and I cuote "I really like!! I like my scooter?" lol!!!! And yes her smile was bigger than mine! so I guess I will be needing a new scooter soon!

Damasovi
  18. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
  19. rajavw

rajavw Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If you are serious about scootering down to Cabo, let me know. Ever since I totaled my 08 KLR 650 in April 2010 (and broke my right leg) I am back to scooters for good. I'm still interested in smaller displacement touring.

My collection includes 2 Vespa PX and a very rare 1984 Honda Aero 125 (NH125 Lead). It is a 125cc 2 stroke, sold in USA 49 states for 1 year only.

Raja

Attached Files:

20. btcn

btcn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow thats awesome! For breaktest? Lucky!

Anyways, I thought you liked this scooter? You knew you shoulda not let her ride it!:rofl

So what kind of scoot are ya thinkin of gittin for you?:lol3