OU812 Legend in my own Mind!

Oddometer:
    I'm envious!
    Safe travels Jzee!:wink:
    Nice big pit bike Jerry. :deal
  2. Panic

Panic Anxiety's little friend

Oddometer:
    Your welcome to park at my place. I live 100 yards from Wrigley field and could accomodate a bike or two. No hotels near the field. Downtown hotels are your best option, but everything is expensive. Pm me for more details etc.
  3. STANIMAL

STANIMAL SUPPORT THE SECOND

Oddometer:
    You taking the bike to a safe place for a sacrificial bonfire ?
  4. Rugby4life

Rugby4life Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Panic, that's my greatest fear, parking the bike and coming out after the game and it's gone. It's only 750 miles but that's a heck of a walk.:D
  5. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    :clap
  6. Critic

Critic More or less!

Oddometer:
    West of the Illinois, heart of the state!
    John,
    I hope it isn't snake eyes! It would be, if I was with you. Remember if needed, my brother is 45 minutes away.
    Take it all in, mark
  7. OldTimeBiker

OldTimeBiker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Long post...please bear with me...

I see you've already gotten a reply but I would venture a few suggestions for your consideration. I live about 7 miles due west of Wrigley right off Addison avenue. I'd say I'm about 2/3 of the way to O'Hare airport from Wrigley as the crow flies. Just west of me in the area just east of O'Hare along DesPlaines River road (and Manheim Road) there are several inexpensive hotels/ Motels...Super 8, Motel 6, Hampton Inn and a few higher end type places among others, in the suburbs of Franklin Park, Schiller Park, Rosemont and Des Plaines. Staying in those chains in that area will save you substantially on room rates compared to staying downtown. It's a considerably safe area about a dozen miles west of Wrigley Field. Access to Wrigley Field is very good on both surface streets and via the Kennedy Expressway AKA I 90. You could even leave your bike at the hotel and take the Blue Line train to Addison Avenue and take a 152 bus to the front door of the ballpark. That would actually be the preferrable way to go because the traffic congestion in and out of the ballgame is maddening.
    Coming into Illinois/Chicago from the east if you take the Illinois Tollway I 294 North to the O'Hare exit you will be right in the area I describe. By using the Tollway you'll add a few miles but cut off substantial time spent in Big City congestion.
    PM me if you have questions but a good map of Chicago and vicinity would almost be self explanitory...Enjoy Wrigley Field...it's a very special place and I don't think the renovations will ruin it...I'm of the opinion they will preserve it because if they don't renovate, the Cubs will need to move and that WOULD be a horrendous tragedy!
  8. Rugby4life

Rugby4life Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    OTB that's good info. When on the road I usually use Priceline and bid on 3.5-4 star hotels. I bid really low and (depending on the city) get some killer rates. In Atlanta, I can consistently score a 4 star for $45-50 on the weekends. ATL is a business town and the hotels are busier during the work week but have a lot of rooms standing empty on the weekends. Since I'll be in Chicago over the weekend, I'll try the hotels near the airports first since the usually cater to the business crowd. I'm an aviation buff anyway so I'd be stoked with a room overlooking a runway. Airplane noise doesn't bother me. Any suggestions on seating at the ball park? I'm thinking of one day in the left field bleachers and one day somewhere from behind the plate to close to 3rd base. Also where can I get the best price on tickets? with the season we're having I suspect they are selling well below face value on the street. I've got 2 daughters in college and me in seminary so I'm trying to be budget friendly.
  9. OldTimeBiker

OldTimeBiker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Buy your tickets from the Cubs website or a reputable broker. Then you'll be assured that they're genuine. WAY TOO MANY incidents of counterfeit tickets. Also...You mention "airports"...make sure you book near O'Hare and not Midway. Chicago is a narrow city but it's also a L O N G city...getting from a hotel near Midway at about 7000 South and 5000 West to Wrigley which is at 3600 North and 1000 West will take longer than getting from New York to Boston in mid day weekend traffic!
  10. Moose Dog

Moose Dog Mr. Nice Guy

Oddometer:
  11. dougfromindy

dougfromindy I smell premix

Oddometer:
    Whats that green thing on the back ?? sure is fugly :huh
  12. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    Did that bike used to belong to a racer? I was wondering who #105 is?
  13. OU812

OU812 Legend in my own Mind!

Oddometer:
    I believe 205 would be appropriate. :lol3
  14. jzee

jzee John Z

Oddometer:
    Colorado

First 2 days have been Awesome, perfect weather, and lots of riding. 12 passes total, and 21,000 feet in elevation change yesterday in 145 miles.

Single track in Rico tomorrow, I will have to be on my game to try and keep up with Gore. Oh wait a minute, that's right he stayed home. Calico trail will be one of the highlights.

Or we will hit some single track north of here . Major forest fire took out a 100,000 plus acres in the Rio Grande forest back in June. Holy crap.

Only problem so far is I can't figure out how to post picture from me phone. Will post some up when we get back.
  15. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    Gore wanted to stay home and ride with Moose.
  16. theBikeman

theBikeman Dual Sport Rider

Oddometer:
    See you should have brought the tech guy (ME) along!
    Glad you three are having fun. Hope to make it there with you some time.
    JT
  17. Lance Hardwud

Lance Hardwud Long timer

Oddometer:

Eeek, scary Calico Trail...rode it last month.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    That looks more like pushing your bike, not riding it.:D

Heck you even got a trials tire on.
  19. Lance Hardwud

Lance Hardwud Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not me, I was taking the pic. Thats Mountainsandrivers on here, he lives in Telluride. Trials tire is the way to go out there, hell thats like a trials course in that spot!

Remember to look around once in a while...stunning views there!
    [​IMG]
  20. Bronco638

Bronco638 Nobody Home

Oddometer:
    Moose, did you buy this bike carrier, for your trailer, or did you make it? I'm looking for something similar. Also, did you have to compensate for the added weight of the carrier/bike (with respect to tongue weight)? Thanks.