Concours C14 thread

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Wout67, Dec 1, 2008.

1. WSikorski

WSikorski Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a V46 mounted on a Phils Rack w/ sw motech mounting kit, www.philsfarkles.com . The rack replaces the oem unit.

[​IMG]
    The Givi in the pic is 6 years old; brought it over from the prior bike.
  2. dmasters458

dmasters458 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just got the Givi Monokey E55 that was suggested to me on page 50 or 51 of this forum and the phils rack to go with it. you dont have to get the specialized mounting bracket for the phils btw.
  3. sweetwater

sweetwater Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have owned and used two Givi E360 as panniers and an E460 topcase for 15+ years on half a dozen different bikes (just match up the Givi wing set and your done!). Gotta say that I would purchase this gear again in a heartbeat. I plan to add a Phil's rack to the BigBlueSquirt and run 460 as a topcase for all the missus' stuff (we camp with a bunch of stuff!).

So, in a sea of choices about luggage, it is good to know that so many others have such good results and longevity from Givi products.
  4. Maximus64

Maximus64 Betamus Chingamus Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I added the 47L Kawasaki (Givi) topbox with PCA rack. Amazed at the stuff it can hold.

[​IMG]
    davyjones likes this.
  5. Bryn

Bryn Leicester England

Oddometer:
    What's with the BMW badge? :D
  6. motocopter

motocopter Long timer

Oddometer:

Certainly can catch people off-guard! :D

I recall seeing an Amigo with Mercedes-Benz emblems. Since I wasn't familure with either, it seemed legit.
  7. Egodriver71

Egodriver71 Rider of something

Oddometer:

kmw
  8. Maximus64

Oddometer:
    That's the bike BMW wishes they had built.
  9. Bryn

Bryn Leicester England

Oddometer:
    Ah..see where you're going now :1drink
  10. sweetwater

Oddometer:
    No kidding Maximus...I rode a KGT and it was very, very nice, but not up to scratch at the price. My C14 is doing a great job for me. FWIW, I've had two Beemers, and here I am on a 2010 BigBlueSquirt giggling every time I ride. Even through the rain today I was comfy and pleased with my decision to buy this bike.
  11. Maximus64

Oddometer:
    I also have a ZZR 600 (that I'm wanting to sell). I had it before the Connie. Thought I would ride both. Since owning the Connie, the ZZR has been ridden 3 times. The Connie does everything the ZZR does and adds the comfort level. Still can't figure out how I got my knees to bend that much on the ZZR. =^>
  12. sweetwater

Oddometer:
    You might decide you wanna keep that ZZR. I am actually considering keeping my "for sale" WR250 as a townie. One bike just can't do it all. I'd like to have a midweight in the garage.
  13. sweetwater

Oddometer:
    ...as a track bike, of course :evil
  14. dmasters458

dmasters458 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    the beemer and the fjr can't touch the 2up riding of the connie. I love my R100 like a first-born but it doesn't handle riding 2up.
  15. sweetwater

Oddometer:
    Dmasters, I envy your collection...an R100 cafe racer style would look great in my garage and it would address my love for old bikes. Never owned an airhead and I think it would be refreshing to scoot around on.

Anyway, The C14 is proving its worth to me and it actually does everything pretty well, including two-up as you mentioned. Very surprisingly, I don't mind riding the bike around town and found myself filtering the big bike thru traffic the other morning with ease. What I am really waiting for though is some nice backroads sport touring. This is where I am sure the bike will really shine, especially over the course of multiday rides . I actually caught the missus inspecting the panniers the other day and she noticed the old Givi topcase sitting ready-to-go. She really loves BMW vario cases, but I think the BigBlueSquirt has gotten her attention too. She remarked that while she loves the GS, the "crotch rocket" is very comfortable :D
  16. dmasters458

dmasters458 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My pops has got a 1976 R90s that will be mine one day when I convince him he is too old to ride. I found the R100 I have on craigslist in western new york for $1500. The more I looked it over, the more I realized what had been done to it, Progressive suspension, corbin seat, dual plug heads, extended oil pan, rear disc brake (which I think is standard on a 1979) and all the stuff I read told me that this was the bike to have. The shifting can be a little unforgiving but its pretty nimble. I like it so much that I am thinking about getting another R100 GS or one I can make into an adventure bike so I can get into some dirt.

I just got a Givi Monokey E55 for my C14. I got it on ebay for $240 but it was used with some scratches on it. Got the Phils Farkles to mount it on there, which i will be doing tonight or tomorrow, but im pretty excited to have all this space. Going to ride down to Los Angeles and possibly Vegas in January.
  17. Bryn

Bryn Leicester England

Oddometer:
    Had loads of different GS's over the past few years with lots of different panniers fitted, and never had any problems filtering...

A couple of weeks ago i was filtering past traffic queuing at a stop light..and the GTR's mirror got intimate with a Nissan micra :eek1. Driver wound her window down and said. "Don't worry about it"

I think the response would have been different if I'd hit the Bentley behind her :wink:
  18. sweetwater

Oddometer:
    Bryn, in some ways the GS actually made a better commuter/townie than the C14 and it may actually have a better "filterability" but I never really used it that way. I almost always grabbed the WR over GS the past bit. The Concours has me riding a bit more around town...I know, I know, it just doesn't make sense to torture this bike around town but the weather is great and I've not got time to take a trip...

Now, as far as mirror scuffs and Nissan girls, what becomes paramount is, how cute was this female specimen? :lol3
  19. Maximus64

Oddometer:
    dmaster, I would like your feedback on the Givi 55L trunk. I have the Kawasaki 47L (Givi) trunk. I've been thinking about switching to the 55. Found a new one on EBay for about $280. Great price but I'm not sure I wanna pull the trigger yet. Your input would be appreciated. Everyone else that has the 55, let me know what u think.
  20. Bryn

Bryn Leicester England

Oddometer: