Ducati MultiStrada 1200

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Paulvt1, Sep 10, 2008.

1. fixinbones

fixinbones Tarmac Adventurer

Oddometer:

His name is also Jay. He is a great guy to deal with. You need to send him your can as the torlerances are slightly different from one can to the next. It took about a week or so to get it back. The sound is great. A bit quieter than the with the stock Termi DB killer but definitely louder than the stock dual pipe system. And the best part was not more whistling.
    His email address is jaymurray2@aol.com.

And yes, I am still having some issues with low rpm fueling after the reflash as well. Im thinking about putting my fat ducs back on which i removed before the reflash.
  2. olie

olie Long timer

Oddometer:
    I rode a MS1200 today and I was happy to get back on my Tuono. No way that bike can /will replace my C14 and too far from a Tuono. And yes, all my test was done in Sport mode...

Although the riding position was good for my aging knees, it is too much supermoto for my liking.

I hope Aprilia makes a Capo or Shiver version of the actual DD1200... otherwise it will be a Stelvio or Tenere 12 to eventually replace my Tuono. Meanwhile, after this MS test, my Tuono got a nice life extension in my stable.
  3. Bryn1203

Bryn1203 Dances with spaniels

Oddometer:
    Olie - with respect, I think your flag is nailed to a mast. I on the other hand have no allegiance to Ducati or Aprilia and have road the MS & V4R Tuono & found for bumpy back roads the MS better set up. Suppose it depends what type of roads you ride but of the two think the MS is better real world bike. 2c :D
  4. VeeNeck

VeeNeck Banned

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have a set of Acerbis Handguards on their Ducati Multistrada 1200?

The Ducati Performance Hand Guards look all right and compact but they are mounted to the controls. The Touratech are not, they are mounted independently. My previous experience with the Touratech Hand Protectors is that they are made of really thick plastic and give when the heavy bike is dropped with only comedic damage. The Acerbis Rally Pro Handguards look cool and have a aluminum brace and the bracket needs to have an ATV Extension to proper mount on the handlebars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Acerbis ATV Extension

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Touratech Hand Protectors for Ducati Multistrada 1200 come with indicators lights; I would like the indicator light kit sold as optional. As I plan on going with the Ducati Performance LED Rear-View Mirrors.

[​IMG]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c7NeJ8uuU6Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  5. Ramv

Ramv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have the Barkbusters on mine. I like them, being aluminum.
  6. RoteEddie

RoteEddie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am considering pulling the trigger on this S Touring. Is there anything I should look out for in terms of recalls etc?

[​IMG]
  7. fixinbones

Oddometer:

If it's a '11 problems should be fixed. Such a ecu upgrade, pannier locks that work, new seals on the panniers so they don't leak. Also the center stand drags and also bothers your left heal. N d
  8. VeeNeck

VeeNeck Banned

Oddometer:
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/btPEBGWUCaA" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Here is a super cool customized Multistrada 1200 by MotorradMaehr in Matte Black. I could totally see and would like to officially request that Ducati offer and produc the Multistrada in the stealth matte black, that&#8217;s the one I would get! I especially like the contrasting glossy Ducati logo, blacked-out engine guard and passenger pegs brackets! O&#8217; and look no yellow forks, they actually match the racing gray frame as they should. Another color that would look cool would be a glossy or flat ghost-gray in non-metallic similar to the Audi TT I saw years ago, modern but classy.

Nice paint job MotorradMaehr, well done. :clap

VeeNeck
  9. VeeNeck

VeeNeck Banned

Oddometer:
    Here are two videos of the MRA Vario Screen: 19.3&#8221; (490 mm) in action. It looks really stable, no real movement from the wind that I can see. But I find the lip part to be distracting to look at ant through in the field of view. So I probably will be going with the MRA Touring Screen: 19.5&#8221; (495 mm). After just spending $900.00 on the amazing Touratech Desierto Windscreen/Faring for the BMW GS (SOLD), I am interested in finding the right screen for the Multistrada. The MRA&#8217;s looks like they are of quality.

Ducati Multistrada 1200 Stock OEM windshield measurement is 20" (51 cm) from top to bottom.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nvoxJgB-85g" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YdobxhkDNDA" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dsHEOxxbfbE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  10. SayItAintSo

SayItAintSo Wanna be

Oddometer:
    V, I dont think I'd worry about that lip being in the middle of your view. It looks like the camera is mounted much much lower than eye level.
  11. StromHAMMER

StromHAMMER Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I took my Multistrada in for it's 22.5k mile service last week. Got a call today from the dealer the I really do have tranny problems. On the check ride, the technician jammed the shifter between 4th and 5th and it had to be trailer-ed back to the shop. The thing had 19k on it when I bought it in July and I've only ridden it 3300 miles. This is obviously a warranty issue but it still pisses me off a bit.

Has anyone here had to deal with warranty issues involving Ducati?
  12. VeeNeck

VeeNeck Banned

Oddometer:
  13. VeeNeck

VeeNeck Banned

Oddometer:
    Italian owner Francesceso Pavinato "Yellow Bastard"

As pictured in other posts this is the genuine factory painted yellow Multistrada 1200. Not my personal taste I prefer the badass #5 Pikes Peak bike, but it does match the gold forks. I do like to see individuality, choice, and factory custom colors options. Pretty cool having a factory one-off color!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

www.motorcycleinfo.co.uk
  14. olie

olie Long timer

Oddometer:
    ...just my opinion, I was expecting something different and better. I guess I have the bar pretty high with my previous Capo, my yardstick... Obviously the roads on my return with the Tuono were different... but me on the Tuono felt better than ever... ;)
  15. VeeNeck

VeeNeck Banned

Oddometer:
  16. Stickywicket

Stickywicket Banned

Oddometer:
    Doodle, a member over on the UK site has just returned from doing a factory tour. There were gunmetal grey models waiting to ship.
    Similar to this colour he reckons

[​IMG]
  17. oalvarez

oalvarez Resident Raggamuffin Supporter

Oddometer:
    I like the idea of a grey model and could see ordering some plastics for mine.
  18. VeeNeck

VeeNeck Banned

Oddometer:
    Has anyone installed R&G Racing's Swingarm Protectors / Rear Axle Slider in case of a fall or dropped bike to protect the Multistrada's swingarm?

R&G Racing
    Ducati Multistrada 1200
    Swingarm Protectors / Rear Axle Slider
    SP0028BK
    $59.00

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. VeeNeck

VeeNeck Banned

Oddometer:
  20. fixinbones

Oddometer:
    Just added the Pikes Peak seat to my Corse Edition MS1200S. Have not ridden the bike yet so I cant make any comparisons t the stock seat.

[​IMG]