Titan motorcycle lift, anyone have them? Quality? Mid grade Chinese?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by concours, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mainly gott'em for ease of getting bike(s) on and off. No real place to plant the side stand while getting the vise clamped up, and tie downs situated.

My Connie's side stand:
    [​IMG]

Haven't put the lift to real use yet, but the sides are easy enough to slip off should they become a bother once a bike is up and situated.

2. wanderboy

wanderboy I just wanna ride,ride

Oddometer:

I have one also. lifts my Roadking like no bodys business
  3. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:

Makes sense. That is why I got this:

[​IMG]

Ride/push the bike onto it and it stays vertical on its own until I strap it down. I wouldn't just park it lon it, but it is stable enough to hold for a mintue.

Jim :brow
  4. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    The issue with the Connie is the fairing. The bike is fookin' heavy and the fairing sticks out so far that it's difficult to get it up on the ramp and keep it in place while you secure it. The fairing also prevents you from being able to use tie downs on the bars. You have to use extenders around the lower triple tree.

I've also found that due to the heigth of the lift and angle of the ramp, you damn well better commit yourself by getting a good running start to get it all the way up on the level. I damn near dropped the Connie last night getting it up on the lift. That spooked me so I just rode it up. The extensions gave me a place to plant a foot while I go the sidestand down.

I must be getting really "weak," cause I used to put bikes up on ramps all day long back in the old days when I was working at a bike shop.... and not even give it a second thought.

Getting old sucks, I tell you. It sucks!! :cry
  5. racer1735

racer1735 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I hear you about the 'old' part! After two attempts to push my ST1300 (fully fueled with 7 gallons) up and onto my HF table, I also gave up and rode it on. A good, sturdy wheel chock helps!
  6. concours

concours WFO for 50 years

Oddometer:

And after much waffling, I chose the cheap route and did just this yesterday. Tax free in NH and out the door at $319.98 for both pieces. I trimmed the chock back some to make sure it wouldn't foul my efforts under the engine...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The BRASS grease fittings are too close to the adjacent part, I suspect that's the root of all the breakage.
    [​IMG]

The fabrication is laughably poor.. but at less than $40... it'll have to do.
    [​IMG]
  7. kirb

kirb should be out riding

Oddometer:
    I guess my thought process is this- Why spend $35,000 on my bikes and then cheap out on a lift? My handy lift has been the single best thing I have bought for my garage outside of the bikes themselves.

The Handy lift is made in the US and is built like you expect a bike lift to be built. I don't worry about my bikes when on it. I leave them elevated all the time.

I guess $800 (what I paid for the lift, wheel vice, and shipping a few years back) is cheap for the quality you get. You might be able to work out a deal at a bike show when the vendors are showing their stuff..save on shipping, get a better price, etc.
  8. NHPROEQUIP

NHPROEQUIP n00b

Oddometer:
    I just found this thread and www.nhproequip.com is US - I realize this may seem a little biased :wink: but we carry them for a reason! These are a TREMENDOUSLY good buy - they are affordable, solid and they come with a lot of great features. These lifts have been a huge seller lately (we offer free shipping + no sales tax) . We've never had any returns /dissatisfaction because they are built VERY well. We carry the sdml1000D as well as the xlt in addition to the hdml-1500-xlt. Just wanted to add my $.2!
  9. NHPROEQUIP

NHPROEQUIP n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi! Just noticed that the link posted above to our website is incorrect - here is the correct one: http://www.nhproequip.com/p/221/titan-sdml-1000d-motorcycle-lift

These are solid lifts, we've sold hundreds of them through the years.

On that note, we are offering a free wheel chock with the purchase of a Titan Motorycle Lift. Offer is valid through the month of December 2012. Questions? Call us: 603-234-2612.
  10. 30Bones

30Bones Long timer

Oddometer:
    If I felt I needed one and had the room this would be the model I would buy.

I owned the HF unit and while it was nice enough it was also very cheap. The drop away F/R panels in the handy below would be super handy....pun intended :1drink
  11. mtnbkrmatt

mtnbkrmatt MattintheMountains

Oddometer:
    I just bought one last week, it doesnt look like that??
  12. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    They seem to have stopped selling that style, but still have the old style.

Jim :brow
  13. concours

concours WFO for 50 years

Oddometer:
    I had come to your shop to view them, looked like a good lift (I've been fabricating professionally for 35 years).
  14. DC2wheels

DC2wheels Castle Anthrax troll Supporter

Oddometer:
    I bought mine 2 years ago from NHProEquip....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    One of the BEST pieces of equipment I have ever bought.

Thanks guys.
  15. TALLGUY

TALLGUY Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I bought the Titan identical to the black and grey model above (except i got the black and orange) and have been happy with the purchase. The Dresser weighs around 800 pounds and I have lifted it a few times with no problems.

I also use the lift to load the dirtbikes into the pickup for transport and it is plenty stable for that duty as well.

TG
  16. 30Bones

30Bones Long timer

Oddometer:
    Work smarter, not harder I like that idea :deal
  17. NHPROEQUIP

NHPROEQUIP n00b

Oddometer:

GREAT TO HEAR! Thanks for the public posting of your feedback! We aim to please, and we're confident that you'll get many years out of your lift. They really are solid and well built.
  18. NHPROEQUIP

NHPROEQUIP n00b

Oddometer:
    Titan is a great lift--glad you had the opportunity to see one at the shop - Clark is knowledgeable, hope you had a chance to talk with him a bit (I am his web editor). Have you seen the PRO 1200 lift we currently have in stock? $699- 1,200 lb capacity lift. We are running 2 lift specials right now if you want to take a look at our website. I don't want to hijack this thread too much so I'll leave you with our current home page to view the specials....http://www.nhproequip.com/
    Cheers!~